Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Anger to understanding: Kenneth Page’s journey back into the Clemson family
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

TNET: Anger to understanding: Kenneth Page’s journey back into the Clemson family

Jun 8, 2020, 8:01 AM

Anger to understanding: Kenneth Page’s journey back into the Clemson family

Kenneth Page heard about the reunion that Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney had planned for his former players in early March, and his first thought was that he wasn’t worthy of celebrating the Tigers’ success on and off the field. As it turns out, he was. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Anger to understanding: Kenneth Page’s journey back into the Clemson family

Jun 8, 2020, 8:09 AM

Great story and reminds me we should always be looking for growth and maturity regardless of our age.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Anger to understanding: Kenneth Page’s journey back into the Clemson family

Jun 8, 2020, 8:26 AM

WOW--great article..thanks david

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree....I think this is one of David's best

Jun 8, 2020, 8:39 AM

This is why I am still here at TNet even though sports are scarce right now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kenneth Page.....

Jun 8, 2020, 8:37 AM

What a study of introspection. What a great message to anyone who has made a mistake. There is a path forward to forgiving yourself and those you felt wronged by. Sounds like Mr. Page has found a maturity that I could use a dose of.

Confetti!

Jun 8, 2020, 8:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

send this to the Bomani guy***

Jun 8, 2020, 8:42 AM

Re: send this to the Bomani guy***

Jun 8, 2020, 10:31 AM

That would be like preaching to the stump

Bomani = Stump. I love it!

Jun 8, 2020, 10:54 AM

Wow, I needed to read something like that this morning!***

Jun 8, 2020, 8:43 AM

Re: Wow, I needed to read something like that this morning!***

Jun 8, 2020, 10:17 AM

Me too!

I wish Kenneth Page continued success on his life's journey. God bless you, young man.

Thank you, David Hood.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 8, 2020, 8:59 AM

What a great story. Thanks David!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Jun 8, 2020, 9:02 AM

Great article and story.

It is so refreshing to read about someone who understands that he had to take responsibility for his actions and not blame others for what happened. Also happy for him for his growth as a person and Christian, and also that he has decided to return to the Clemson family.

Jun 8, 2020, 9:08 AM

Great read .....welcome home Kenneth!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 9:17 AM

I was so excited about us getting Page, I just knew he was going to make a positive impact at Clemson.

Better late than never!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad Mr. Page is very successful and glad he feels comfortable

Jun 8, 2020, 9:28 AM

being at Clemson when he is there. What a story he has to share with so many young people.

Re: Glad Mr. Page is very successful and glad he feels comfortable

Jun 8, 2020, 11:32 AM

Good read Mr Page. Thanks for sharing.

Jun 8, 2020, 9:36 AM

I believe that this is hands down the best article written on tigernet, and it has almost nothing to do with football.

This is the kind of person Dabo is. He took a player that was removed from the team and brought him back into the program. It was not a publicity stunt or some attention grab. It was because Dabo is a genuine person who truly loves everyone, and especially his players.

His actions speak far greater than any sound bite could and he knows it.

One of the best stories I've ever read about our program.

Jun 8, 2020, 9:38 AM

I am just so impressed with Kenneth. I cannot imagine how angry and hurt he was when he was kicked off the team. To find that maturity and introspection at that age is just remarkable. He should feel very proud of himself and where he has gone on his journey. Imagine someone who was kicked off of the football team being one of the biggest credits to the University there is.

null

Thx Kenneth for remaining a “TiGER” & praising Coach Dabo too!

Jun 8, 2020, 9:44 AM

And, as it’s said in the stadium on signage..Welcome (back) to Death Valley..and the Clemson Family.

Go TiGERS ALL-In!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a great story....!

Jun 8, 2020, 9:56 AM

Don’t count on it becoming an internet hot topic like these ridiculous stories about Dabo and the racial slur tale!

Jun 8, 2020, 10:08 AM

Wow, what an awesome article. Takes bravery to tell this story about his own mistakes. And just supports all the good things we've heard about Dabo!

Jun 8, 2020, 10:29 AM

Tremendous! Thank God!

Money Man!

Jun 8, 2020, 10:41 AM

Hopefully, we all change as we get older. What a fine young man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 10:54 AM

What a great story! What an example of redemption and how someone can take a bad situation and turn their life in a positive direction.

Jun 8, 2020, 11:16 AM

I was happy that we got Kenneth Page bc we were getting a big time recruit for our offensive line, and he is a 4 star player at that time, but it was like he was there and struggling, and then he was gone and his name was never mentioned again. I maybe wrong but, I think that Page was one of the dandy dozen, or the recruiting class right after.

I would like to know, could Chad Kelly be welcome back into the Tiger lair if he ever grows up? For me it's always been once I get over the anger and disappointment that someone has cause me, I can forgive them, but it's the trust thing that is really hard for me to regain, if ever!!!

Jun 8, 2020, 11:40 AM

Great story! I respect this man so much. Him reaching out to Dabo is something very few of us would do.

Swallowing pride.
Admitting you were wrong.
Making the first move to reach out and heal a relationship after someone hurts you.

Good loves those things.

Loved this story! Thank you TNet and Mr. Page!

Jun 8, 2020, 11:46 AM

The bravery to be so honest about his story made this one of the best things I've read in a long time. Sometimes love is tough and takes time to see it. So awesome to have Coach Swinney and now Kenneth Page back around our program.

Wow Mr. Page, I’m impressed with your heart. Hope that you continue

Jun 8, 2020, 12:11 PM

To grow and I know you are looking forward to when the real Head Coach says “Well done my good and faithful servant.”

Jun 8, 2020, 1:18 PM

Love this story about rebellion, correction, anger funneled into change through maturity. It’s amazing how Jesus can change our heart 180 degrees with what he did through His Love.
We began to live with the gift ?? of eternal security even though we never deserved it and that’s the love that awakens our soul to grow in love, compassion, mercy, grace, kindness and humility.
Not that we’ll ever be perfect here but we have joy and peace striving for the love we were given and then when we begin giving back to others by serving in our gifting we feel so complete and purposeful telling others what Jesus did for us.

That’s exactly what Kenneth was sharing with the young recruit, how God used Dabo to impact his life even though it was a difficult decision, it was exactly what changed his life to living.

Impactful story David we need that during these trying times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 8, 2020, 1:52 PM

OUTSTANDING! Nobody does it even close to Dabo and Clemson; period; end of story!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 1:54 PM

Beautiful story of a young man who adjusted his "attitude" and found successful guidance
in his faith of God. Thanks for sharing. I wish you the best Kenneth Page.

Really a great article when we needed something positive

Jun 8, 2020, 1:56 PM

So happy for Mr. Page to have taken this experience and used it to become a better man for it. It once again proves, Once a Tiger always a Tiger! Sometimes it just takes a little bit of time.

Jun 8, 2020, 2:00 PM

National Championships are wonderful, and I am thankful for the success of Dabo's program. But in the end, this story and the thousands like it will be the true legacy of Dabo's time at Clemson. Thank you Coach for all you do to build men of character that make a difference in the lives of so many.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 2:23 PM

This is one of the best articles posted on Tigernet maybe of all time. It’s at least a top 5. It has a message for everyone no matter where you are in life. Kenneth Page thank you for that very inspiring message. It was exactly what I needed to read. May God Bless you in so many ways. Thank you for opening up and sharing your story.

Jun 8, 2020, 2:37 PM

I met him after a spring game and we joked about being from rival high schools in Columbia and ended up staying in touch through facebook. He has a wonderful story to tell about life along with its up and downs.

Congrats Kenneth on a wonderful life so far

Thank You for the story

Jun 8, 2020, 4:12 PM

You nailed it David Hood. Much Obliged.

Another Clemson Football success story

Jun 8, 2020, 5:23 PM

This is why Dabo is the best football coach in the country...hands down. Success stories have all sorts of different final outcomes, but Dabo focuses on making boys into well grounded men. Thank you David for sharing this fantastic story. And thank you Mr. Page for sharing your journey. Best wishes for both of you.

Jun 8, 2020, 11:09 PM

So many life lessons to take from both sides of this story. Thank you Dabo and Keith!

Jun 12, 2020, 1:03 PM

I've been on Tnet since the beginning and this is the best article I've ever read here. Keep growing Mr. Page. You've come further than most ever do.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic