Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs Georgia at Wimbledon tomorrow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Clemson vs Georgia at Wimbledon tomorrow

Jul 1, 2018, 11:28 AM

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/schedule/index.html

3rd on the schedule for court 3 is former tiger Yannick Maden vs former Bulldog John Isner. Play starts around 11:30 British time (6:30 am eastern) and the first two matches will likely take 3-4 hours in total so Yannick's match will likely start around 10-11:30 am eastern time. It will be on ESPN3.

On the surface this looks like a poor draw for Maden against the #9 player but I don't think it's horrible. Isner is known for his massive serve, one of the top 5 best in tennis history. But he is not a good returner, most of his sets go to 7-6 regardless if he is playing Federer or a low ranked player, that's how good his serve is and how poor his return game is. The grass actually reduces the effectiveness of his kick serve. Maden is a good returner and is good at redirecting the pace of his opponent, he has a chance to that effectively against Isner. It'll be a big challenge for Maden to actually win but it's exciting to see him in a grand slam.

Maden is only 1 of a handful of former college players in Wimbledon this year. He was an all American for the Tigers and graduated in 2013, it's been great to see his rise up the ATP rankings to the grand slam level.

This should be getting more coverage from Clemson athletics as it is a former tiger competing at the highest level of their pro sport. It's been a long time since a male Clemson tennis player has played in a grand slam. I will of course keep you all updated

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..***

Jul 1, 2018, 11:16 PM

Re: Clemson vs Georgia at Wimbledon tomorrow

Jul 1, 2018, 11:29 PM

Thank you

it has just started

Jul 2, 2018, 10:01 AM

court 3 espn3

Glad Maden made it through qualifying.

Jul 2, 2018, 11:18 AM

He had some tough matches.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic