Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey grandpa, whats for supper?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Hey grandpa, whats for supper?

May 11, 2015, 7:17 PM

Tonight I roamed around the grocery store for a long time, then gave up and went and got pizza from my pizza joint.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey grandpa, whats for supper?

May 11, 2015, 7:18 PM

I've got some quinoa. Not much else. Probably an Arby's night.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

Stuffed shells and a salad.***

May 11, 2015, 7:19 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Biscuits and gravy, grits and hash browns........

May 11, 2015, 7:26 PM

Sometimes we just like breakfast for supper!

2 minute cast iron oven steak.................

May 11, 2015, 7:42 PM

Stuffed Vidalia and clam chowdah on da side.

Beer was Stone IPA.

#stuffed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 minute cast iron oven steak.................

May 12, 2015, 10:34 AM

Do you have a recipe for the steak? That sounds awesome and I've been using my cast iron skillet a lot recently. It's good for everything.

Re: 2 minute cast iron oven steak.................

May 12, 2015, 12:22 PM

I always take some olive oil and a little butter, smash up some garlic and add it to the pan. heat it up and let the garlic release a little bit of its flavor then crank the heat up to sear the steak. For the steak I just use coarse black pepper and sea salt, maybe some garlic powder but not normally. Sear for thirty seconds per side and into a 500 degree oven for 2 mins per side.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How done does it come out?***

May 12, 2015, 1:24 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is for medium rare on a thick cut steak

May 12, 2015, 2:09 PM

you just kinda have to use your judgement. For a ribeye you wouldn't want to go as long as you would per side on a filet. It's really all about your preference. Its a really simple way to end up with a great steak if grilling isn't an option

I'm awful at grilling steaks. Always too done.

May 12, 2015, 2:11 PM

Luckily I can tolerate a medium well steak and can drown a well done steak in A1.

Give this way a try. It is really hard to f**k it up

May 12, 2015, 2:16 PM

Only thing I will recommend is remembering a towel or glove when you are handling the pan out of the oven. First time I ever cooked a steak this way it was after a day out on the lake drinking. I ended up searing my hand pretty good when I went to take it out. Felt no pain though

Do you smoke?

May 12, 2015, 2:33 PM [ in reply to I'm awful at grilling steaks. Always too done. ]

get grill hot as hayull while drinking beer. With room temp steak about an inch thick.... 1 cig per side and it's done. Rest the steak under a pat of butter covered for about 5 min. and it's good to go.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds good. Let it come to room temp before cooking?***

May 12, 2015, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Re: 2 minute cast iron oven steak................. ]

#ACCFTS

Yep, rinse then pat dry and you're all set***

May 12, 2015, 2:05 PM

Not ideal for spaghetti sauce.***

May 12, 2015, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: 2 minute cast iron oven steak................. ]

Pretty much what the other poster said...............

May 12, 2015, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: 2 minute cast iron oven steak................. ]

Preheat skillet in oven at 500. Room temp steak. Season as you wish.

Have stop top eye hot. Throw butter in skillet when melted take out and sear steak on each side for 2 min.

Back in oven for 2 min and then cover on a plate and let rest 2 min. That'll give you a fairly thick steak medium rare.

As the other poster said it's trial and error depending on the cut of beef.

This is pretty much how Ruth's Chris does steaks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I made some chilli yesterday.

May 11, 2015, 7:52 PM

Today I ate another bowl. I put shredded cheese in it with a slice of whole grain bread and a dill pickle on the side. Cold milk to drink as always.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like chili mixed with mac and cheese.

May 11, 2015, 8:34 PM

The kraft deluxe kind. Not real mac and cheese.

Excellent idea.

May 11, 2015, 10:18 PM

You won't have to ask what I'm having for supper tomorrow. I've got plenty of chili and mac and cheese is on sold everywhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

chicken sausage gumbo

May 11, 2015, 8:01 PM

Then a little shrimp and greeuts!

Where's the best pizza in Mt Pleasant?

May 11, 2015, 8:32 PM

Oh...shoot, I forgot you dont drive across the bridge...

I do, I just haven't in a while. I don't go to Mt. P for

May 11, 2015, 8:38 PM

pizza though. That is certain.

Left over spare ribs from last night's Jim n' Nick's run

May 11, 2015, 9:22 PM

And a diet root beer. Followed by 40 minutes of basement workout sweating.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

West Indies salad over spinach and a couple of

May 11, 2015, 11:05 PM

boiled eggs.

Re: Hey grandpa, whats for supper?

May 12, 2015, 1:23 AM

I respect the grocery store roam. Nothing better than looking like a highly medicated psych patient roaming the isles looking for tonight's dinner. As for me, I am off work tonight and have settled on brats, boiled in beer and then grilled with onions, and some fancy whole grain mustard that I just had to try (chasing the dragon). Of course no work tomorrow so I will be having my favorite beer... a cold one.

I had a Joey from Moes

May 12, 2015, 8:24 AM

and Red had a chicken wrap from ChiclFilA

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Moes needs to bring by the

May 12, 2015, 8:35 AM

chili con queso burrito. I was going to Moes once a week when that was around. I don't think I have been but one time since.

and the Alfredo Garcia

May 12, 2015, 10:16 AM

only thing I ever ate at Moe's that I liked. I like the "build your own" fajita concept instead of them bundling it all up for you.

Last time I went in there they had quit with them, so I ordered something else, I hated it, and haven't been back. Two/three years+ probably?

I had a long Moe's boycott when they got rid of their

May 12, 2015, 10:25 AM

loyalty program. Same thing with Subway. I probably went 3 years without going to either. At some point in life, they became convenient options. I end up at Subway far too often, and I don't even like it that much.

Message was edited by: aerozeptallica®

I refuse to eat Subway

May 12, 2015, 10:47 AM

Haven't in over three years. Having worked at Moes.. I am partial to them

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I fully support you stance on this.

May 12, 2015, 10:55 AM

The one I usually go to is very convenient to both the old house and the current dwelling.

Thanks.

May 12, 2015, 8:37 PM

I had the mac and cheese in my leftover chili. Cheap and wonderful. Not me the meal.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic