Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Quit sugar coating it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Quit sugar coating it

Sep 9, 2018, 8:31 AM

I saw against a&m were jumpballs and hope our guy catches it, there were some good touch passes but the majority are jump balls, offensive line getting beat down and hopping to just get in the way of a defensive player. Kelly Bryant playing his heart out and putting this team on his shoulders like a leader does. Defensive line played lights out. Linebackers and defensive backs really? And 1 more thing what do you really think of the call? I am a tiger fan, been one for 45 years. I'm not a troll so don't go there .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ball looked out left of pylon at 1st glance BUT

Sep 9, 2018, 8:36 AM

idea of it going OVER pylon might have happened, too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep at full speed I thought it was OB at like the 1

Sep 9, 2018, 11:45 AM

Re: Quit sugar coating it

Sep 9, 2018, 8:38 AM

Typical Clemson game in the post Watson era. We will not be aggressive for whatever reason and teams will stick around.

I’m a big TLaw fan but KB played great and clearly handled the environment better so kudos to KB and leading the team to victory.

I thought our Dline play was very good given the number of holds they weren’t getting called all night. The LB play was ok. Strong in run support but lacking in coverage (does DOD have any eligibility left).

Our secondary just wow. The CB play was decent as most of those catches were unreal by the WRs. Our safety play was the worst I’ve seen in the BV era. I guess not even coaching can offset lack of talent on the roster at safety. Problem offering 2 and low 3 star kids and hoping it works out for you. Outside of Wallace we have nothing at safety. Not sure that is fixable either. Tua will give us big problems here.

Sep 9, 2018, 5:52 PM

hrmmm...didn't see trevor have any probs really

played really well

leaving KB in was the smart move because I didn't see where the play calling would get trevor down the field

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People need to realize he was stretching around the 1 and a half yard line.

Sep 9, 2018, 8:40 AM

That ball only needs to travel 4 or 5 feet before it’s touching that pylon. If he stretched out at the 4 or 5 yard line, then it’s clearly out of bounds. But why was he stretching for it anyway?

~JKB

Sep 9, 2018, 8:41 AM

If you watch pylon cam view, divide your screen in half, the ball clearly stays to the left side of the screen (end zone side), so at worse, the ball went over the pylon, which is considered the end zone. Touch back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 8:47 AM

https://mobile.twitter.com/YahooSportsCFB/status/1038613643393462272/photo/1

In this view, the ball is further out of bounds than the WR's hand and his hand hits out of bounds.

The refs missed it, and the tigers were lucky to survive.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Sep 9, 2018, 8:55 AM

Utah, a&m was the team that was lucky last night.

They got:
- every freaking bounce of the ball went their way. Tipped passes caught for TD’s (2)
- not ONE....1! Flipping holding call
- our fumble on the 1 yard line
- multiple pick plays NOT called on a&m

Give me a break. You can't tell anything from that angle.

Sep 9, 2018, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Quit sugar coating it ]

Maybe it looks that way but from that angle it's deceiving.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Quit sugar coating it ]

We got lucky!
The entire body of the a&m player when he landed
was to the left of the pylon and the ball
seemsd to go even further to his left.
for sure it seems out and not a touch back.
Even with the win, I don’t feel good about our
Defense and neither do I feel good about our offense.
It is a hostile environment and nice win
Tigers. It would have been nice
To have a game or two during the season
That are as tough but
I think this is the best we will see till the
Playoffs ..

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Sep 9, 2018, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Quit sugar coating it ]

https://twitter.com/PylonCamQuigs/status/1038614202796187648?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1038614202796187648&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.saturdaydownsouth.com%2Ftamu-football%2Fwatch-controversial-call-near-end-zone-cost-texas-am-valuable-time-during-comeback-attempt%2F

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody sitting on a couch at home could see more

Sep 9, 2018, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Quit sugar coating it ]

the replay officials looking over and over the film made a bad call. Sounds slightly delusional!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And that’s a terrible view

Sep 9, 2018, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Quit sugar coating it ]

Bad angle. The pylon cam shows the ball slightly to inbounds side of frame, the official right there said ball went through end zone, replay review agreed.

I believe the fumble call was correct. The Ref on field who

Sep 9, 2018, 8:43 AM

called it was running down the sideline behind the play and would have had the best view to make the call. The pylon came showed the ball directly over the pylon which puts it in the end zone.

Sep 9, 2018, 8:43 AM

I thought it went out before the pylon but the shot from the pylon to me looked like it could have went right over it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 8:57 AM

If any part of the ball went over the pylon it was the right call.

Sep 9, 2018, 8:49 AM

From the videos I saw, there would be no way to overturn the call, whichever way the original call went. We were lucky that the original call went our way IMO. The call had to STAND.

Sep 9, 2018, 9:00 AM

I agree. This call could have went either way. I'm glad it went ours and I'm so glad it was SEC officials in the the replay booth.

Sep 9, 2018, 9:03 AM

Really, does anyone question that part of the ball didn't go over the pylon? It's the goal line and if even the tip of the ball goes over it's a touchback.

Nope, I am going to sugar coat it.

Sep 9, 2018, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Quit sugar coating it ]

1. Clemson won despite TAMU playing their minds out and being crazy lucky on many many passes.

2. Clemson is money right now. Our Tigers have won 7 straight times on Gameday which leads the nation. Gameday covers games that seem to be nationally interesting. It's huge to be able to pull out win after win after win after win after win after win after win. It means something about the Clemson will to play hard until the end of the game and to have faith in themselves.

3. If any part of the ball touches the pylon anywhere on the pylon while in the hand of an offensive player, it's always called a TD. So if any part of the ball passed over any part of the pylon the call was a good one. The ref who called it was in perfect position and he certainly had a better view of the ball going over the pylon than any camera angle I've seen, including the one in the twitter in this thread.

4. Clemson has plenty of fans right now who don't know how to take a win. It's hard to sugar coat that.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope, I am going to sugar coat it. AMEN!!!!***

Sep 9, 2018, 4:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the crisis arises the time for preparedness has passed.

Quit salting it.

Sep 9, 2018, 9:04 AM

Savor the taste of victory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Yet, Clemson won and usc-east lost.

Sep 9, 2018, 9:10 AM

90-17

Sep 9, 2018, 11:40 AM

From the pylon cam the runner extends his left arm (right arm held by DB) and pushes the ball with a wobble that clearly took it towards the field of play until it passed the goal line. This is the only view that shows that and it’s probably the fish eye nature of those lenses the closer you get to them. What a simple and great piece of technology.

Correct.If the pylon was theoretically "extended" to the sky

Sep 9, 2018, 11:46 AM

like they do by rule with calls involving goal posts (FGs), baseball foul poles (HRs), etc......

it's pretty easy to deduce that some part of the ball would have hit it as it went spinning by.
Which make it a touchback.

I was in far end zone - 2nd row from top - looked like it

Sep 9, 2018, 11:52 AM

was inside the pylon to me for a touchback.

upper nose bleed seats

null

Nice pulse, bro.***

Sep 9, 2018, 2:16 PM

Sep 9, 2018, 2:25 PM

Saying the defensive line played “lights out” is a form of trolling, no? There were plenty of instances where we did not contain, did not set an edge, and/or over-pursued. Their QB baited us all night. He invited the rush and dumped the ball in the flat. That secondary problem falls on the linebacker corps for sure but if the line QB contains, it would have eliminated many of those rollouts and dumps. I don’t think anyone played “lights out” on either side of the ball. We definitely have some work to do. Coaches Scott & Elliott included. Our offensive playbook is sooo predictable and has been for some time now. And despite having an abundance of pro-level talent at receiver, we are really only targeting 3 guys out there. I’m glad that we got out of there alive last night. Huge growing experience for our team but we need plenty of introspection and adjustments before anyone gets true praise.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic