Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Getting the first game jitters. Tell me why we beat UGA.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,222

Getting the first game jitters. Tell me why we beat UGA.

Jul 23, 2013, 11:09 PM

I'm not as football savvy as a lot of you guys here. I like my Tigers, but don't really pay much attention to the rest of the nation. All I know about UGA is that they have a good QB, a really good RB tandem, and that they lost some people on D. Not sure if they're a reload or rebuild D. I always gets jitters about the first game. Why do we win this one?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent question for the Oculus.

Jul 23, 2013, 11:28 PM

It will have the answer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

A number of reasons actually

Jul 23, 2013, 11:35 PM

1) This game is in the Valley
2) They have a good QB but we have a great QB in Tajh
3) Their secondary is full of holes for our WRs to exploit
4) They will have a problem getting pressure on Tajh
5) Murray does not have a good record against ranked opponents
6) Our D should be much better with more talent and experience.
7) They'll probably have a few more players suspended before the game comes.

crowd noise will be key, I AM YELLING RIGHT NOW!***

Jul 23, 2013, 11:48 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: crowd noise will be key, I AM YELLING RIGHT NOW!***

Jul 24, 2013, 12:11 AM

You really have to practice your yelling a week before entering DV before a high profile game b/c if you don't. You won't be able to hear your own self yelling over the ones 12 people down from you. There are some bad AS$ yelling pros in DV. So you better get the cords stretched out and warmed up before you step into DV and compete with the yelling fans a few down from you, or you will sell your self out as being a rookie in DV!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope you are right but the last

Jul 23, 2013, 11:51 PM [ in reply to A number of reasons actually ]

game in the Valley still haunts me. At home, favored, ahead in the polls etc. Tigers have to come out early, knock the crap out of them and score several times early.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were in control of that game

Jul 23, 2013, 11:52 PM

and only lost it when Morris went away from the running game. I doubt he does that against UGA and again their D will be a lot weaker then SC's last year. They don't have nearly the talent at DL or in the secondary for that matter.

Well the good news with that is UGA isn't in our team's head

Jul 24, 2013, 6:18 AM [ in reply to Hope you are right but the last ]

like USuC. The bad news is we're probably going to go 11-1 with a loss to you know who.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I'm more concerned about going 12-0 and then having a

Jul 24, 2013, 7:03 AM

let down in the ACC CG. Miami was coming on strong at the end of last year and that would be a full season of experience. They return their OL, Morris is getting accolades, and Duke Johnson is good. They have D (?) but that could change.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope you are right but the last

Jul 24, 2013, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Hope you are right but the last ]

I hope we don't ever bring out those "throw back" uni's we wore. It was a disaster waiting to happen, and it did. That said, this is a much more focused and a much better coached team all the way around. It should be a war, and I do think we come away with a great win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4) They will have a problem getting pressure on Tajh

Jul 24, 2013, 8:50 AM [ in reply to A number of reasons actually ]

This is just speculation on your part. Your offensive line finished 88th in the country last year and that was with Freeman. I'm not saying that they won't be better this year, but I'm saying that you have nothing to back that statement up.

The Chad will show his genius

Jul 23, 2013, 11:49 PM

He will exploit the aggressiveness of UGAy, and will burn them if they play too soft. I'm not worried about Clemson scoring in this game. Clemson put up some points on some of the best Ds in the country.

My only concern is the play of our D. If that is solid, we win this game. Our LBs will play a huge role in stopping the run as well as our Safeties. There is a wealth of talent at LB and many of these guys like Anthony and Steward our due for a break out season. As long as these guys fill the appropriate games a TACKLE, I'm confident when can slow their RBs. Our LBs will also have to be aware of UGAy's TEs though. Venables can be very aggressive at times leaving TEs open for passes.

The REAL question is our secondary. With a lot guys back from injury, not to mention eight freshman DBs coming in (one a five star, and capable of covering Sammy) our staff should find the right guy for the job. They don't have to be the best secondary in the nation, they just have to continue to help cut down on the big plays, chunk plays that we have been giving up recently. It's unfortunate that UGAy has about as talented QB as Tajh.

But we can eliminate a lot of the pressure on our secondary if we can get some consistent pass rush from our D line. I'm very anxious to see what Vic Beasley can do. He sounds like an athletic freak who might provide that consistent pass rush that we were missing last season. With a sack or two, we'll keep Murray on his heels and maybe force a bad throw hear and there. It may boil down to who makes the least mistakes...

There are all kinds of errors in my above post...I'm tired***

Jul 23, 2013, 11:50 PM

Because

Jul 24, 2013, 4:08 AM

Our O will wear down their inexperienced D in the secondary by taking what they give us, and our Dline will get pressure on Murrey all night.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Getting the first game jitters. Tell me why we beat UGA.

Jul 24, 2013, 4:50 AM

I do not consider myself all that savvy,and some people
on here will remind you( and me) that I picked LSU
over Clemson in the Chic-Fil-A Bowl.
Still,I like our chances because we are in "The Valley".
However,this game will be close with two high powered offenses,some questions on defense,and first game jitters in a game featuring two highly ranked teams.
I have UGA actually leading going into the 4th,but see Clemson finally wearing down their defense for a close fought 38-31 victory.
I think our team has the potential to run more plays.
Just so you know,if this game were to be held in Athens,I
would favor the Dawgs.It will be that close,imo.

I actually thought the same, originally. The last half of

Jul 24, 2013, 5:17 AM

the season, the DLs and the LBs started coming together and the extra practice before the bowl game showed. I think our D will slow their running game and our WRs will 'go off' on their new secondary that has lost a number of starters to graduation, injury, and suspension. I first thought it a 5-7 point game but being @DV on opening night, I've since modified that. GA has SCar the next week and that game will probably determine the SEC East. I don't think GA has faced an O like ours anytime recently. They've got a lot of hurdles to cross even with a great O. We hold them better than they hold us. TOs and kick returns are the big variables. Even so, I think it's Clemson by 10+.

Re: I actually thought the same, originally. The last half of

Jul 24, 2013, 10:20 AM

Nick Sabin might wonder what you have been smoking when you say UGa has not faced an O-line as good as ours lately. In my book, the SEC CG qualifies as "lately", and almost the entire Bama OL is now playing on Sunday.

Re: Getting the first game jitters. Tell me why we beat UGA.

Jul 24, 2013, 8:33 AM

I believe we have a great chance to win, because I believe we have very good quality players and coaches, just like they do, and the game is in Death Valley. It will be a war, just like the 1st couple of Auburn games we played in the latest series with them, and just like the LSU game last season, but it is a war we can win. ugay is a good team, too. It ought to be and epic game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look brother.

Jul 24, 2013, 8:51 AM

Remember how our secondary was a couple of years ago? Now Imagine Tajh throwing to our WRs against that secondary.

Remember how Danny's defensive lines played? That's what you can expect when they have the ball.

It's not going to be a who out-scores who on this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see a quick lead, maybe 10 points.....

Jul 24, 2013, 10:01 AM

to start the game.....purely from an emotional/crowd noise reasoning. I think the game then settles down and Georgia starts scoring points and while they may end up tying at some point, I don't know if they have the defense to give their offense the opportunity to take the lead.

I'm predicting a 3-7 point win....essentially a one score difference and a nail biter at the end.

Two things will help us prevail

Jul 24, 2013, 10:39 AM

1) Crowd, crowd, crowd. Rarely is the crowd - even at Death Valley - a difference maker but I think it could truly be so in this game.

2) Morris & Skill - The combination of Morris having 6 months to create an offensive gameplan against UGA plus Taj/Sammy/Bryant/Etc experienced, battle-proven skill (as good as we've ever had) would make any D stay awake at night.

If our D front seven are as strong as they began showing late last year and as our head coach is suggesting, we prevail in a fourth quarter game for the ages.

Spot the dang ball already!!!

Their nerves will be shot from knowing they will eventually

Jul 24, 2013, 10:42 AM

have to play against Clowney

null

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,222
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic