Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Get used to seeing this boys...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 527

Get used to seeing this boys...

Jun 11, 2019, 6:09 PM

"Former Vice President Joe Biden leads President Trump by 13 points nationally, according to the latest Quinnipiac University survey.

In a national head-to-head matchup, the poll found Biden taking 53 percent against 40 percent for Trump, with the poll's assistant director describing it as a "landslide" margin.

Five other Democratic contenders also lead the president: Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) hold healthy leads over Trump, with Sanders up by 9 points, Harris ahead by 8 and Warren leading by 7."

Oh wait, did Trump ask his staff to lie about his own internal polling?

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/447972-biden-leads-trump-by-landslide-proportions-in-new-national-poll

Well, of course!

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/447858-trump-told-aides-to-deny-his-internal-polling-showed-him-trailing-biden

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah those polls sure were correct with Hillary too.

Jun 11, 2019, 6:43 PM

lol foo

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah those polls sure were correct with Hillary too.

Jun 11, 2019, 6:50 PM

2016 polls were pretty much spot on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2019, 7:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2019, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Yeah those polls sure were correct with Hillary too. ]

Trump seems to care enough about them.

I'd be willing to bet Crazy Uncle Joe doesn't even get the

Jun 11, 2019, 7:34 PM

nomination.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Yeah “polls”. Can’t rely on them anymore.

Jun 11, 2019, 9:30 PM

They’re part of the fake news. You probably don’t remember this:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

That shows Clinton with an average of 3% advantage

Jun 12, 2019, 11:58 AM

in national voting. She ended up ahead in the national vote by 2%.

What makes you say that the polls were "fake" or inaccurate?

I don’t like Trump, but if things stay the way they are

Jun 11, 2019, 10:26 PM

and any of those people besides MAYBE Biden won the nomination, I would say it would be a complete disaster for America. Certainly if either Sanders or Warren won.

Do you honestly think a Sanders or Warren presidency would be better for America?

null

What do you define as "complete disaster"...

Jun 12, 2019, 12:04 PM

I had very grave concerns about what would happen with President Trump, but it just turns out that most people's lives are the same as they were before, just with more yelling on TV.

Would things change that drastically with another President?

Your paycheck will most certainly go down.

Jun 12, 2019, 12:28 PM

Taxes will go up, and the economy will contract.

How that affects everyone is different I suppose, but I can't see it as a good thing overall.

OK, that could be.

Jun 12, 2019, 12:35 PM

You're right, in that it all depends on how it affects people differently, and also depends on the perspective people have.

Personally, I don't really consider THE ECONOMY as something to get excited or worried about. Just in my time as an adult, "the economy" has gone both down and up under Republican presidents, and down and up under Democratic presidents, and all the while, things have mostly stayed the same for me and the people I know.

But I understand that a lot of people view that as a big deal, so they may consider changes in "the economy" as a "disaster".

How the economy personally affects you

Jun 12, 2019, 12:45 PM

will change as you age.

When I was 23, what did I care what the economy did? Somebody somewhere was hiring a bartender, boat mechanic or waiter.

When you are 50, that ability changes completely. Really, once you hit 45 things begin to change, but many won't see it until after that.

I consider Venezuela to be an economic disaster brought on by the policies of its

Jun 12, 2019, 1:10 PM [ in reply to OK, that could be. ]

leadership. If you don’t think Venezuela is a disaster, I don’t know what to say. If you don’t think it’s a disaster of the economy based on government policies, I would’ve interested in what led them to their situation, in your eyes.

Not that I am saying we would be Venezuela.

Anyway...yes, an economic disaster, with the job market declining and debt soaring. I am confident that the results of their policies would be economic disaster.

null

I don't know anything about Venezuela...

Jun 12, 2019, 1:21 PM

I know its capital is Caracas, because I know lots of world capitals.

I was referring to the American economy.

I was not trying to say that it is not possible for economic disaster to happen because of leadership. Just on past experience and observation, I believe that is very unlikely to happen in the United States any time soon. To borrow from physics, it seems there's too much inertia due to the size of the population and the economy.

I suppose it can all be relative as well. Like, we may consider unemployment of 7% to be a "disaster," but many countries would call that a utopia.

Butter, thebullshitartist

Jun 11, 2019, 10:32 PM

Saving this post...

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Get-used-to-seeing-this-boys-1907622?tstart=0

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

I was used to seeing it with Hillary.

Jun 12, 2019, 9:15 AM

So yeah, I'm already used to it. Expect it really. And could care less.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 527
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic