Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Clemson LB commit reopens his recruitment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Clemson LB commit reopens his recruitment

Aug 6, 2015, 2:37 PM

Clemson LB commit reopens his recruitment

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson LB commit reopens his recruitment

Aug 6, 2015, 2:40 PM

And what have we learned folks? They talk and talk and talk...but at the end of the day, they are still kids with a wavering imagination. Good luck to him where ever he decides. Seems like a good kid.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

I think BV can still land this kid

Aug 6, 2015, 2:44 PM

If he was done with Clemson why take an official and why make it your last one unless you want to compare?

Re: I think BV can still land this kid

Aug 6, 2015, 2:46 PM

Why commit and then proceed to take 5 official visits? Can split hairs all day but the decision was made. If we Land him, in which we just may, that's great, but keep the guard up because he is still just a kid. Not trying to cast stones at him.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Not saying he's locked. Saying BV can still work him

Aug 6, 2015, 3:10 PM

And land him. I remember reading some quotes from him but don't remember where. He was impressed with Venables. Maybe it was from a camp?

Aug 6, 2015, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson LB commit reopens his recruitment ]

Didn't he say he was 99.9% committed to Clemson??

Guess not!

Sounds like it was not his decision to decommit***

Aug 6, 2015, 2:46 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Sounds like it was not his decision to decommit***

Aug 6, 2015, 2:48 PM

Agreed. But I can't help but think Dabo knows this class is filling up and is already small and can't really risk a last min decommit if Auburn or GA send out the bag man.

Re: Sounds like it was not his decision to decommit***

Aug 6, 2015, 3:43 PM

Seriously, let him go. Yes, he's good, yes it's HIS recruitment but Clemson is a place you're committed or you're not. After this season, we are going to attract more and more highly regarded recruits. Honestly, I would pull our offer and end this wishy-washy crap. Dabo has the right idea about once committed all recruitment should end, stand firm Dabo!

sayimg 99.9 is signaling you aren't

Aug 6, 2015, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson LB commit reopens his recruitment ]

100 and there is an issue. The Decom that came after was expected by people who could read between the lines.

Re: sayimg 99.9 is signaling you aren't

Aug 6, 2015, 2:51 PM

to me, it seems the decommit was more on the decision of our coaching staff. He wants and planned to take the visits, and since the protocol is to not do that, he's having to decommit (probably by agreement with Dabo) so he can without breaking the protocol agreement.

all's OK since he's a young man needing more time & visits.

Aug 6, 2015, 2:53 PM

In the end it's All about money &/or personal success (as in: playing time, which school can get that player into the pros the fastest & for sure, which school is gonna be in the playoffs, etc.).

No problem..since he's stated he's 99.9% Clemson lean. Let the young man look one more time at the possibilities..and he may be 110% for Clemson which would please Coach Howard!

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All in....is all in.***

Aug 6, 2015, 3:00 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All in....is all in.***

Aug 6, 2015, 3:20 PM

If the coach doesn't mean what he says during recruiting, then why should the players believe him when he says thing like "go to class", "work hard" or "don't punch women in the face". That's not the program I want.

Great job by the staff for standing for something. I don't blame the kid for wanting to look around as its a huge decision, and I really hope he ends up a tiger, but we shouldn't be jerked around while he looks around. Basically, if we can keep Venerables around, we aren't going to be hurting for talent on the defensive side anyway.

Taking your time to make a life changing decision

Aug 6, 2015, 3:02 PM

That's a good thing. Hope he decides to end up being a Clemson Tiger.

He should have thought abt that before commiting.

Aug 6, 2015, 4:26 PM

Swinney's rule is no more visits after commiting. Smith knew that. He's gone.

Thanks Korncoot . . . more insightful drivel from you.***

Aug 6, 2015, 5:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Dear Mr. Smith

Aug 6, 2015, 3:02 PM

you committed to Clemson for a reason. It may have been premature, but it was no accident. I respect your need to use your official visits, to see what else is out there and to experience all your recruitment can be.

Go. Have a look. Have a good time. Ask tough questions, look carefully, be honest with them and yourself.

Then come back and visit Clemson. If it doesn't make you heart sing ... if you don't feel like you've come home, then go where you do.

But never forget, Clemson is coming! Don't you want to be a part of this?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Aug 6, 2015, 3:04 PM

I respect his decision and how he handled it, but this is another reason why its absolutely pointless to give recruiting any time until signing day his here. Its not worth getting all worked up over. If kids are going to still take visits and be recruited by other schools despite being committed, they should just eliminate verbals all together and not count anything until the LOI is signed. I've never understood that part of the process, you're going by the WORD of 17-18 yr old kids. He may still end up here, but if you can't have them sign early, whats the point.

Aug 6, 2015, 3:32 PM

If he has de-committed due to a "coaches decision" than Cornell Powell will be de-committing as well then due to his desire to take other official visits..... and Tavien Feaster due to Tennessee. Seems a bit rash to make a player de-commit, which increases his chance of not coming to Clemson, just because he wants to look elsewhere.... right?

My point being I doubt Dabo or BV made this kid de-commit....thoughts?

Did awbarn finally make their $$$ offer?***

Aug 6, 2015, 3:44 PM

Re: Did awbarn finally make their $$$ offer?***

Aug 6, 2015, 3:48 PM

Either that or the OLE MISSES....OLE CAN YOU THINK OF ANYTHING MORE IRRELEVANT THAN ROBERT KNEDIECHE but good choice he wouldn't have started at CLEMSON WITH BEASLEY, Crawford, and LAWSON who is a nasty beast!

Re: Clemson LB commit reopens his recruitment- dont care

Aug 6, 2015, 3:45 PM

he will come or not. either way Clemson is and will be just fine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's gone if he takes just one visit, and so it should be.

Aug 6, 2015, 4:18 PM

nm

He decommitted....what else should he do?

Aug 6, 2015, 4:20 PM

He wanted other visits. He and Dabo talked, decided he should decommitt to not hold an offer up.

Clemson

Really?, Swinney's rule in no more visits after commiting.

Aug 6, 2015, 4:23 PM

He's gone.

Not the rule

Aug 6, 2015, 4:25 PM

Besides, he decommitted before he's taking the visits. He's doing exactly what he should

Clemson

Re: Really?, Swinney's rule in no more visits after commiting.

Aug 6, 2015, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Really?, Swinney's rule in no more visits after commiting. ]

god, another idiot. the rule is no official visits if you are committed. what is really so hard about this. once again i can not believe a clemson person can be so stupid. this board has to be loaded down with coots. some of you take stupid to a whole other level.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, it is in his best interest to look at all options.

Aug 6, 2015, 4:23 PM

He should have not pulled the trigger before he did his homeowner but he is young and it's good that he realized he needed to do more homework before making his life altering choice. We may or may not get him in the end, hopefully so but I hope he also understands "A Clemson Man Needs No Introduction".

Best wishes to him.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too bad, he knew better.

Aug 6, 2015, 4:29 PM

Swinney's rule is a commitment can't take other visits after recruiting. If he does, he's gone.

Re: Too bad, he knew better.

Aug 6, 2015, 4:32 PM

methinks old rowdy must reek of wet feathers. please tell me a tiger can not be this stupid.

Re: Too bad, he knew better.

Aug 6, 2015, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Too bad, he knew better. ]

Another pathetic chicken fan

Sad

null

Question for Rowdyman

Aug 6, 2015, 4:50 PM

Does the Mark Fields deal still sting?

Re: Question for Rowdyman

Aug 6, 2015, 4:50 PM

hehe

They never come back after decommit

Aug 6, 2015, 4:59 PM

q

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep showing him the love - Clemson is a choice that

Aug 6, 2015, 5:03 PM

will resonate all good things in this young man's life for the rest of his years.

No place on earth like it.

Would love to have him as a part of our Family.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

It's fine guys, he'll be back and maybe with friends.

Aug 6, 2015, 5:08 PM

Aren't all the IGM guys going to take officials to the same schools. I thought they all scheduled Clemson, LSU, Auburn, one more, and one undecided.

Let the kids have fun. This might help us by getting that 5* D-lineman on campus for his last official.

Not too worried about it as we have the best DC in the game and basically everybody knows it. If they don't they will after this year.

Aug 6, 2015, 5:09 PM

He is not worthy of Clemson if he cant make up his mind by now.....I wish someone laid out the "orange carpet" for me the way this cat was treated.

Aug 6, 2015, 5:10 PM

another pathetic chicken fan...

sad

null

Aug 6, 2015, 5:15 PM

he gone

the latest on Rahshaun Smith via David Hood

Aug 6, 2015, 5:17 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1470307&tstart=0

Aug 6, 2015, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson LB commit reopens his recruitment ]

yep pathetic #### fan.

So sad. I am glad I will never be embarrassed of Clemson like you are of Scar.

null

Aug 7, 2015, 10:14 AM

not an sc fan, just realistic...be careful with your words

similar situation to the kid playing at Miss. that committed early

i have no problem with that. Kid handling it fine

Aug 6, 2015, 5:17 PM

Imo. Go look around and come back at the end.

Get real and relax...

Aug 6, 2015, 5:52 PM

Some of you guys are reading this so wrong and coming off as a kid who just got a toy taken away from them.

It is his prerogative to go to wherever he wants. I say good luck to him and I hope he finds the place or school that he feels most comfortable with.

I want Clemson people, I would hate it for anyone to sign somewhere that they felt wasn't right for them.

Maybe he signs maybe he doesn't

Aug 6, 2015, 7:35 PM

we will be loaded either way. You know there are other quality/talented LB''s wanting to play in this system.

Re: Maybe he signs maybe he doesn't

Aug 6, 2015, 7:41 PM

We can easily flip Tobias Little from Mizzou if we decide to stop pursuing Rahshaun Smith. HOWEVER, I expect our coaching staff to continue their pursuit and for Shaq to recommit to Clemson later this year. If anybody wants to call me a coot because I'm not going to bash a kid for taking free visits, be my guest.

Well. Shxt.

Aug 6, 2015, 10:14 PM

I'd really hate to lose this kid. Hopefully he comes home. Otherwise best of luck.

Aug 7, 2015, 8:12 AM

This is a reasonable decision for him. I am glad he now understands what a commitment is and should be. I believe he still will choose us after seeing the other places, because no other place offeres what we have. Clemson is a culture unto its own, and part of that culture is leaving with a degree, or being so commited to getting it that he will come back and earn it even if he is drafted before graduating. That is so important, even if he makes it in the NFL. That doesn't seem to be the focus anywhere else like he it is at Clemson.

I am ot sure if he reads these boards....

Aug 7, 2015, 11:12 AM

but the classier our fans handle this the better. Clemson football at this stage is bigger than one player. Clemson will be great even if he ends up elsewhere. I bet with all the buzz around Clemson this next season that we end up with him again. If not, so be it. Wish the kid the best whatever he chooses. I bet we still land him.

Weannie . . .

Aug 8, 2015, 12:53 PM

is not how I handle my thoughts. I am not worried about anyone reading my opinion. That is what makes it my opinion. Sorry you live your life through other people and scared.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic