Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Hangin' with Chad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 3,600

Front Page Story: Hangin' with Chad

Sep 19, 2011, 1:13 PM

Hangin' with Chad

The Clemson offense put up 624 yards of total offense on Saturday, but offensive coordinator Chad Morris said on Monday there is still plenty of work to do, especially with Florida St. coming to town this weekend. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this guy has head coach written ALL over him***

Sep 19, 2011, 1:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't see any tattoos

Sep 19, 2011, 1:39 PM

he is a very clean cut and professional guy IMO.

null

Re: this guy has head coach written ALL over him***

Sep 19, 2011, 4:48 PM [ in reply to this guy has head coach written ALL over him*** ]

Yea he's got a fantastic attitude. I just hope Dabo does the smart thing: let's Morris do his thing. His mentality is the right one.

I don't care if Dabo runs around and screams. If he wants to lead the student body in a mosh pit after a big win, go for it. Héll he can do hand springs all the way down the sideline after a touchdown for all I care. Just let Morris run this offense his way.

the pic on the front page

Sep 19, 2011, 1:34 PM

looks like the coach thinks hes riding a motorcycle with ape hanger handlebars and Chad Morris is trying to direct traffic

One of the best Clemson hires in years.

Sep 19, 2011, 1:38 PM

Love this guy and what he's doing for our program.

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Get outta here Chad.***

Sep 19, 2011, 1:39 PM

null

Re: One of the best Clemson hires in years.

Sep 19, 2011, 3:56 PM [ in reply to One of the best Clemson hires in years. ]

and for the benefit of Blue Caddy and Charleston Tom, who made that hire?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Sep 19, 2011, 6:15 PM

The guy who hired Morris is the same guy who wasted TWO seasons by hiring and keeping the inept, zero-OC-experience Napier. I don't think that a good, experienced head coach would have hired Napier as OC.

But I'm glad that Dabo is learning from the on-the-job training program that Clemson has so generously provided. I've always said that Dabo may become a great head coach someday. I hope it's this sesaon.

Sep 19, 2011, 8:23 PM

The guy who hired the first round realized his mistakes. Remember, Bowden had Rich Rod at tulane, Dabo had what he had. I know you are intelligent from your previous posts which indicate you may have a life outside of messege boards but keep in mind this is his second and one half year on the job. Please don't count the half year after bowden quit/got fired.

Choosing Napier as interim OC was OK, but not for year 1.

Sep 21, 2011, 1:09 PM

Upon taking over as interim head coach I was thrilled that Dabo immediately fired Spence, and I was fine with Dabo promotiing Napier as an interim OC. But I was vocally opposed to Dabo hiring Napier as the OC in year one since Napier didn't do a great job as interim. Unfortunately, Dabo and Napier were buddies so Dabo made a rookie mistake that a seasoned head coach wouldn't have made. I understand why Dabo made the mistake. But it was an unecessary rookie mistake, which is why I wanted Clemson to hire a good, seasoned head coach instead of Dabo.

Dabo is smart so I'll bet you won't see him make such a mistake again the rest of his head coaching career. But that mistake cost Clemson TWO YEARS.

Do you think it was easy to take over a program mid-year

Sep 19, 2011, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Re: One of the best Clemson hires in years. ]

and then go out and hire a top notch OC in the same year as a first time head coach? I think he did what he had to do those first couple of years. Hard to fire a guy after your first year in the conference title game in 10 or whatever years.

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Sep 19, 2011, 6:30 PM [ in reply to One of the best Clemson hires in years. ]

Not one of the best... the best! he has brought back the swagger and best of all he keeps pushing the players, challenging them to be the best they can be...

To BThomas: "You got a lot of people countin' on you."

Sep 19, 2011, 2:22 PM

Yea, 100 teammates. And 82,000 souls all around you, screamin' dead at you from a 0 - 45 degree angle.

Way to go kid.

Unless there are some 1 legged people in the stands, 120k+

Sep 19, 2011, 2:46 PM

soles. Maybe you meant 82k souls?

corrected, and 82k x 2 is not 120k, its 164k ;)***

Sep 19, 2011, 5:23 PM

What about those of us with a tripod?***

Sep 19, 2011, 6:30 PM

Loved this line:

Sep 19, 2011, 2:56 PM

"I don't need 22 year old friends"

Ha Ha Ha!! How great is that!? Guy's a hoot!!

Instant classic!

Sep 19, 2011, 3:43 PM

Nm

I got a kick out of that too.***

Sep 19, 2011, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Loved this line: ]

Yep, one for the memory bank***

Sep 19, 2011, 5:30 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Hangin' with Chad

Sep 19, 2011, 5:46 PM

good to see that the relentlessness in practices is going to be kept up.

The development of mental and physical toughness during practices can pay off big time in game situations.

Gotta like Morris. Best Clemson OC since RichRod?***

Sep 19, 2011, 6:26 PM

I hope Chad saw ref rob 7 Aub pts on Boyd/Ellington lateral.

Sep 19, 2011, 6:37 PM

Rewatching the Auburn game last night I noticed that the refs stole a TD from Auburn.

On the 1st play of the 2nd Clemson drive (10:36 of Q1), Boyd passed BACKWARDS about 1 yard (i.e. lateraled) to Ellington, Ellington dropped it, and an Auburn defender picked it up and started taking it in for a TD. But the ref immediately signaled it incomplete and I didn’t hear a whistle until the Auburn defender was on his way to the end zone.

At the time I was thinking, “Man that looked close. I hope they don’t review it.” I’m not sure if it could have been reviewed if the Auburn defender picked it up after an incomplete signal, but before a whistle. It’s hard to imagine the the ref didn’t blow the whistle while signaling incomplete so maybe it had been whistled dead immediately, and therefore wasn’t reviewable.

I hope Morris saw that on film and coached up Ellington to get in front of Boyd on those screens. If I saw it on film, I imagine Morris did.

Sep 19, 2011, 8:29 PM

Night coots. This was a better win than a 3 point win over Navy.

Sep 21, 2011, 9:16 AM

If you really listen to this second year college coach. You will understand why he was at the top of the chain in HS ball. And you will understand why he has done well so far in college. He is smart, and he handles these kids in a smart way. He pulls them in and makes them want to be a better player. He is a teacher first, and a coach second. It is still early, but right now, I think Dabo did Clemson a good service in getting Morris here. Now we have to figure a way to keep him. Head Coaches of bigger schools, and smaller colleges looking for a HC to jump start their programs are going to come after Chad Morris in a serious way. If he turns Clemson around, he is going to be very hard to keep. Our AD and Pres is going to have to get up off some bucks to keep him around....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 3,600
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic