Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Travon Walker commits to UGA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Travon Walker commits to UGA

Jul 24, 2018, 7:25 PM

It's kind of interesting to think because the last #1 DT they had didn't even get drafted and ended up being picked up in free agency by the Browns. Player development isn't UGA's strong point so it's tough to wrap but wish him the best of luck.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trenton Thompson was not a player development issue***

Jul 24, 2018, 8:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Travon Walker commits to UGA

Jul 24, 2018, 8:04 PM

That gives them 4 5* and 8 4* and a couple of those 4’s should get their 5th this fall. Probably definitely will now since they’re big bad sec.

Thought they might get a decent class his first year but this is three years running. Wonder how many from his classes have been homegrown.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2018, 6:58 AM

I'm thinking that dirty recruiting has slowed down our getting top 4 and 5 star recruits bc we didn't make the championship game last season. A coach like Kirby Smart, rest assured he is telling any recruit that will listen, that with all the top talent we have, we couldn't make it back to the championship game without DW4. As soon as recruits see what TL can do at the college level, we will pull in a few more 5 star players that want a chance to play for, and win a NCG. And if we sign the top QB out of Cali, even more 5 star recruits will be looking our way bc it's all about having a chance of winning that big game at the end of the college FB season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2018, 8:08 PM

SethSlyy said:

It's kind of interesting to think because the last #1 DT they had didn't even get drafted and ended up being picked up in free agency by the Browns. Player development isn't UGA's strong point so it's tough to wrap but wish him the best of luck.

Thompson has dealt with some psychological issues during his career that without a doubt hurt him in the draft but that is by no means an indication that player development @ UGA is an issue. All you need do is google "Georgia players in the NFL." And btw Thompson is a gifted player and is doing well in Cleveland.

In other news Gurley got paid today.

Jul 24, 2018, 8:17 PM

best team money can buy

The new Ole P1$$. Was blatant then, its blatant now.***

Jul 25, 2018, 9:43 AM

Jul 24, 2018, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Travon Walker commits to UGA ]

Yeah, how many of your recruits got paid money today too. Coots are going to kick your ars. Can’t wait to laugh. Tell me about player development when you dont make the playoffs this year... you piece of dawg ####.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2018, 8:20 PM

Your coots ain’t going to beat nobody with a pulse

Jul 24, 2018, 10:17 PM

Not my coots. But I will be pulling for them when they play jawja.

Jul 25, 2018, 4:19 AM

You are in for a big disappointment.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2018, 5:16 AM

Yes, I agree, I never have and never will pull for the coots to win, go Dawgs when those two play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 25, 2018, 7:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Travon Walker commits to UGA ]

It is possible that it is you that will be disappointed, never say never!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree Kerrigan! Something is going on

Jul 25, 2018, 12:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Travon Walker commits to UGA ]

Between the hedges besides football. Time will tell.

Jul 24, 2018, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Travon Walker commits to UGA ]

Being in Athens should make you crazy

Jul 24, 2018, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Travon Walker commits to UGA ]

Sure, look at your average recruiting class compared to Clemson. Overall talent out of high school is far superior going to UGA than Clemson. But both teams have the same number of players in the NFL on a roster at 38. Why is it that UGA recieves the cream of the crop out of high school with recruiting and cannot send them to the NFL at the rate expected if it isn't a player development or player accountability problem?

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Which-Power-5-teams-produce-more-draft-picks-than-expected-1809657?tstart=576

Also check this out if you want to be comparative with statistics and such stating to use google for "all I needed to know." So when you're on a forum of the #1 ranked player development school in the country we will be critical.

Gurley got paid? Hmmmm... did he share the wealth?

Jul 25, 2018, 12:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Travon Walker commits to UGA ]

Walker choosing Georgia is a head scratcher but I'm sure you have seen what went down at Ole Miss.

How many

Jul 25, 2018, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Travon Walker commits to UGA ]

National Championships did they win at UGA?

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Jul 24, 2018, 8:26 PM

Not sure why people get all over a kid because he picked another school other than Clemson. We will get our players. Georgia is a hot school with a coach taking them to a level Coach MR couldn’t. Kid wanted to be a part of that. Wish him the best. Go Tigers!

Jul 24, 2018, 8:29 PM

Careful. No room here for a common sense post.

Jul 24, 2018, 8:38 PM

I didn't get all over him, stated my opinions as to UGA player development and their recent failures towards that position. Also stated that I wish him the best of luck which I do I would never wish a kid failure.

whoa whoa whoa

Jul 24, 2018, 8:56 PM

Be careful trying to use facts with supermutt.. clearly has psychological issues of his own spending every day on our boards.

We would have been better of in recruiting had Georgia

Jul 24, 2018, 8:48 PM

kept Richt and stayed just a little under the radar. Richt is a good coach, see Miami, but he just had Georgia a little less exciting than they are now.

What we really needed was for Smart's first year to be the norm for the rest of his time at Georgia. I think they lost to Vandy and Georgia Tech that year. But that year appears to be equivalent to Saban's 2008 year at Bama and Dabo's 2010 year in Clemson. Georgia is here to stay and the recruiting in that state will be tough and may have to get the ones Georgia ether doesn't want, or they are too deep at the position that it scares the player off. Kind of like our DE guy this year. We can still get top players out of Georgia even with these circumstances, but pretty much all of Georgia's opponents face the same situation with recruiting Georgia if they are peaking.

I have to pull against Georgia because it is not in Clemson's best interest for Georgia to be at their peak. But it is a conundrum for me for a few reasons.

Why it's easy to pull against Georgia:

1. I was abused as an away fan probably more severely in Athens on Labor Day night in 1982 than at any other time as a fan. It was September 6, 1982 to be exact.I have never forgotten the treatment my friends and I, all Clemson students, endured that night. We even had it coming from older people that should have known better. I cant imagine myself now, as a 55 year old man, getting in the face of young students from another school and even young girls that were in our group. I also went back in 1984, but the abuse was much less, or I just don't remember it. I went in 1986 for the Treadwell kick and won with dignity.

2. It is easy to pull against them because of what we see them doing right now with recruiting. If Georgia is at their peak, there is no reason at all why a young person from Georgia would not want to play there. We are not talking about a school that has no game atmosphere, no good college town vibe, no passion. They have it all, so a kid would want to play for their state school unless they were really underachieving.

Why it is difficult for me to pull against Georgia:

1. I have lived in Atlanta for 25 years. I have many friends, neighbors and co-workers that are Georgia fans. When they win or lose, they do it with dignity and don't get carried away like coot fan delusion, probably because it is not delusion. Other than that night in 1982 that I mentioned above, I have never had a single bad incident with a Georgia fan. I have been invited to a handful of games on occasion and each time was shown a wonderful time. And yes, I puled for Georgia on those trips. I a not going to accept an invite to go see another fan's team and then pull against them, even in my head. If I can't muster enough class to sincerely pull with them for their team, then I would decline the invite. It was pretty easy though because most of the invites were to Georgia/Auburn or Tennessee and I had absolutely no trouble pulling for Georgia.

2. When we won the national championship over Alabama, I got so many text and calls from neighbors and co-workers right there on the spot, after midnight. Maybe they weren't sincere, I don't know, but it was a very classy thing to do and I appreciate it and will always remember it. If they win the national championship, I will be issuing the same type of late night congratulatory calls and will be happy for them.

3. I have had occasion to spend a little time here and there on the Georgia campus, as part of my job, working with people that work for UGA. Some of these experiences lasted weeks, some only days, but I have never had a negative experience with any office over there. They were pure class, even after finding out I was a Clemson man.

So, it is really a dilemma for me. But make no mistake, Clemson is the one and only in my heart and Georgia peaking is not good for Clemson. But it is not good for Florida, Bama, Auburn, FSU, Tennessee, GT, SC, or any of the surrounding teams. But if they win, I will have enough class to be happy for my friends, co-workers and neighbors. But I don't sit around pulling for them unless I am a guest at a Georgia fan's house, which has been the case a few times, or a guest going to a game with them.

I've lived in Georgia for 24 years and

Jul 24, 2018, 9:00 PM

Not once have I felt a twinge of concern for UGA. I've not been on the receiving end of treatment by an opposing fan base, nor in every day life, than from UGA fans. Not once have I ever treated/responded to a fan from another school anywhere close to what UGA fans seem to display as the norm. They're. Pathetic.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's exactly ow i felt about them until I really

Jul 24, 2018, 9:12 PM

met a few really nice people as described in my post. I am not concerned for Georgia, and I don't sit around pulling for them as I said. I used to really despise them for years, but some of that has waned as I have gotten older and met some good people. The pathetic ones were the ones I encountered in that stadium in 1982. Now that was really pathetic.

Re: I've lived in Georgia for 24 years and

Jul 24, 2018, 10:48 PM [ in reply to I've lived in Georgia for 24 years and ]

I have to totally agree with Salty55. Was abused in 77? 78? Whenever it was when we beat them 7-6. Was a wee bit older than a college student but let me tell ya, I’ve been abused by them in Athens and abused by them in Death Valley during the 60’s and 70’s. Not so much in the 80’s but that’s only because college fb kinda changed then.

Been to every usc/Clemson game for 50 yrs till disability got me 15 years ago and we couldn’t make it to the games. They never treated us like uga fans did. Good for you for finding some nice ones. I’ve had some nice coot neighbors too but I’d never go to a game with them and pull for the chickens... nor would I have taken one to a clemson game.

why don't they pull for the school in that town

Jul 24, 2018, 9:45 PM [ in reply to We would have been better of in recruiting had Georgia ]

?

Re: We would have been better of in recruiting had Georgia

Jul 25, 2018, 6:40 AM [ in reply to We would have been better of in recruiting had Georgia ]

I, too, experienced your 1982 narrative. I have no place in my life for UGA fans since that weekend. There's just too many other places to visit that are wonderful experiences. (Texas A & M, Wisc., Notre Dame, Stanford, Nebraska, Army)

Great. Just makes it better when we beat them

Jul 24, 2018, 8:53 PM

on New Years.

Re: Great. Just makes it better when we beat them

Jul 24, 2018, 10:51 PM

You got that one right.

They Won't Be There....

Jul 25, 2018, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Great. Just makes it better when we beat them ]

;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2018, 8:56 PM

https://deadspin.com/kirbys-law-will-make-it-harder-to-report-on-georgia-a-1770500372

Everybody needs to read this.

The last line from the LT Governor is just about the most forthright confession of malfeasance that you'll ever read or hear when it pertains to cheating without somebody getting caught red-handed and trying the mea culpa.

Jul 25, 2018, 12:40 AM

Every time I see a picture of his smug #### I want to puke. Reminds me of seeing dooleys smug ####.

Jul 24, 2018, 9:56 PM

They're stacked. Bama vs Georgia each year for the SEC title each year for a long time. Should be some amazing matchups.

Jul 24, 2018, 10:37 PM

Georgia is notorious for squandering talent. I think Mullen at Florida will suprise some people. He had some scrappy teams at Mississippi State.

Jul 24, 2018, 11:01 PM

I have no twinge of support for anyone at another school. Not even on my wish list. The heck with them,move on.

Jul 25, 2018, 12:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Travon Walker commits to UGA ]

Different coaches and different players. Richt and his players are meaningless. They're going to be stacked and play for the SEC title vs Bama annually.

Jul 25, 2018, 12:38 AM

Yeah, and I sure hope we can find a way to stop that from happening too. Hopefully someone in the east will run them down and render them meaningless. Same with bama, they need a fall from grace too but I don’t hate bama like I hate uga though.

Plus we need their talent too.

Georgia has surpassed Clemson and that is reality

Jul 25, 2018, 6:03 AM

The simple fact is this - If Georgia wants them then Georgia gets them.

People will bring up Trevor Lawrence. Justin Fields was the #1 ranked player in America last year and that is why Georgia made the decision to get him and told Lawrence he would be better served somewhere else. Fields can do more and that is why he passed Lawrence. Is Lawrence a good player? Yes. But, Georgia was just honest with him.

This is NOT a slam at Clemson. Clemson IS a good program. Sometimes, though, folks get the facts mixed up.

Re: Georgia has surpassed Clemson and that is reality

Jul 25, 2018, 6:59 AM

Only ESPN had Fields higher, every other service had Lawrence...but hey we know reading isn't a strong point in the state of Georgia...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2018, 8:53 AM

Only ESPN had Fields higher, every other service had Lawrence...but hey we know reading isn't a strong point in the state of Georgia...

You are correct but Fields was the MVP of Elite 11. The kid was flat out awesome last summer and was clearly the better of the two. Now he's under Jake's wing and we couldn't be happier!

Did Jake

Jul 25, 2018, 9:02 AM

break his hand so he could be like Fields?

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

"Even Georgia had to take a peek"***

Jul 25, 2018, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Georgia has surpassed Clemson and that is reality ]

Jul 25, 2018, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Georgia has surpassed Clemson and that is reality ]

ROTFLMFAO. AMAZING.

Excelent. .another dumb dumb post to put in its place

Jul 25, 2018, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Georgia has surpassed Clemson and that is reality ]

When in the last decade has clemson out recruited uga? Maybe 2 or 3 times, but if you Averge the rankings im sure clemson will be at least 2 or 3 spots below uga.

Clemson has made it to the cfp the last 3 years and played in the nc game twice, winning once.

Uga made it to the cfp once, made it to the nc game once..and lost...

So if you go by recruiting, uga surpassed clemson many moons ago.

If you go by results, uga will need a couple more years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 25, 2018, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Georgia has surpassed Clemson and that is reality ]

I mean whatever helps you sleep at night, but that post is riddled with inaccuracies.

Jul 25, 2018, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Georgia has surpassed Clemson and that is reality ]

You are entitled to your opinion but you might beat us in stars but we always get more results being honorable and developing players, But you better win some more recent playoff games and National Championships if your going to think you surpassed CLEMSON period! ??????

You lost me with the laughable lie about Trevor Lawrence, you dogs acted like little puppies with no milk when Trevor committed to us. It was much later when y’all settled on Justin Fields and he made y’all sweat it for a while.

The only reason he was #1 for ESPN was Trevor had already committed and not to their SEC favorite school and they wanted ratings. Trevor’s Career will make Justin’s look like little league if both stay healthy by miles.

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 25, 2018, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Georgia has surpassed Clemson and that is reality ]

#1 TL was higher ranked than Fields when TL committed just to debunk your false theory. #2 also Fields was not the top player by any recruiting site than ESPN which is never all that close with any other recruiting websites. #3 Fields lost more games last year than Lawrence lost in 4. #4 Lawrence threw as many TD's last year as Fields did in his career. #5 Lawrence produced nearly 3 times the offensive production as Fields did. #6 Fields also ended his HS career on the sideline which is also a risk that is going to have to be dealt with forward.

Glad Justin Fields did good at a non contact event passing to the best receivers in America. But this doesn't make you a winner it makes you a camp champ which I know before you say it I get it, UGA is built off of Spring Games and scrimmages hyping their fan base but at least be truthful when you're going to post on here.. I don't disagree that Fields is a freak talent that could be extremely special in the future, the very near future at that and I think he's more equipped than Jake Fromm but make no mistake your pups didn't quit going after him, he just told them to look somewhere else.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic