Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let Georgia Fans enjoy this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Let Georgia Fans enjoy this

Jan 5, 2018, 11:20 PM

Let the preface this by saying I'm in the MINORITY here in cheering for UGA (I grew up in a split Clemson/UGA family and I cannot stand Bama). But I've seen a couple of posts seemingly demonizing thier fan base leading up to this game. They've waited the same amount of time we did in order to get to this point. Remember how excited you were when Renfrow caught that TD to seal the Orange Bowl? They felt the same thing when Michel ran into the endzone in 2OT on Monday night. This fanbase and this state in general has not had much to cheer about in terms of sports and now they have back to back years with a team in a championship game. Being in Georgia these last couple of days has given me the same vibe I felt in the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl everyone is on cloud nine (except bumble bee fans).

Save this hate for the time hell freezes over and pigs fly and the coots are possibly at this point

Message was edited by: TurnerK28®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm pulling for UGA

Jan 5, 2018, 11:35 PM

People here seem to think that Clemson fans are always commendable, and rival fans are always deplorable. I've had friends from other fan bases tell me they were quite abused by other Clemson fans in Death Valley. People here over generalize a lot.

I like a lot of UGA fans. My best friend growing up, and my former best man, owns a UGA paraphernalia store in Athens. His kids are UGA grads. They are very excited and I'm happy for them.

Your friends are liars.

Jan 6, 2018, 7:41 AM

And your choice for national champion sucks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Not really

Jan 5, 2018, 11:37 PM

Clemson fans don't pull for Georgia

Re: Not really

Jan 6, 2018, 1:44 AM

They do if their dad graduated from UGA.
However, while I want Georgia to win this game, I choose not to watch it
because I am of the mindset that Clemson's season is over, and I just don't care to watch, or listen all the ESecPN bull crap we will be subjected to Monday night, and especially if Bama wins.
You see if Bama wins then the"Committee" will feel justified by putting them in the playoffs over Ohio State.
So while I will pull for Georgia whenever I just don't care to have to put up with all the SEC
BULL$#!+ we will hear Monday night.

I guess you don't if your mom graduated from UGA, and

Jan 6, 2018, 1:55 AM

her family is from Georgia.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I posted this a few days ago, but the last thing Clemson

Jan 5, 2018, 11:41 PM

needs is UGa winning a national title. As you posted, they haven't been that great for a while. Clemson has capitalized on that by taking a lot of the best players out of the state of Georgia over the last 6-7 years. Alabama is Alabama, and while we recruit against Alabama on occasion, it is not as frequent was the battles with UGa.

I'm pulling for Alabama on Monday.

This is also UGa's best chance for the next 2-3 years, as they have 31 seniors on their team this year. Next year will be a pretty big rebuilding year for them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The stupid is strong on this post.***

Jan 5, 2018, 11:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

under this logic

Jan 6, 2018, 12:00 AM

Why should we hate the Coots if it ever happened to them? I mean hell they've never come remotely close to anything like that before so wouldn't they feel super super good if it did? Why not feel happy for them in that moment? You seem to think there's a strange UGA feeling good osmosis for Clemson.
Hell no

Some of my closest friends here on Lake

Jan 6, 2018, 5:09 AM

Murray are Georgia fans, including the daughter of a long time Bulldog coach, Mike Petronis.

On the other hand close relatives in Mobile are dyed-in-the-wool Bama fans, while Clemson has had a long connection via coaches.

So, fence-straddling is important right now...at least in my communications. (lol)

My biggest regret is that we don't play either team more often, especially the Dawgs sitting 75 miles down the interstate from us.

Thus, my words for the game remain: may the best team win!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have lots of Georgia friends as well but I've made

Jan 6, 2018, 6:26 AM

it clear to them that I support whatever is best for Clemson and if that hurts their puppy feelings so be it (not that they give two craps if I root against their dawgs). They would do the same thing for Georgia if a Clemson loss was better for Georgia which in most cases it would be. If they can't understand that then they may not be true friends.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lets all just be honest

Jan 6, 2018, 7:04 AM

if the Tigers ain't playing....we shouldn't care. That being said I would LOVE love to have A Home - Home with Jawja, it would be great for the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

And miserable when the game is in Athens.***

Jan 6, 2018, 11:13 AM

Re: And miserable when the game is in Athens.***

Jan 6, 2018, 11:28 AM

I do believe we have a dawg fans here?

Agreed. Go Dawgs.***

Jan 6, 2018, 7:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mixed family here too

Jan 6, 2018, 9:20 AM

But I am pulling for Bama

I was a CU student in the 80s
I was in Sanford Stadium in 1994
I know plenty of Georgia “fans” who have no idea wh their coach is

I have tried to pull for Georgia, and I just can’t do it. If Georgia wins, I will happily congratulate all of my family and friends who are fans, but if I have my way, Georgia will lose.

They've waited 2 years longer than we did. We went from

Jan 6, 2018, 9:57 AM

1981 to 2016 =35 years Georgia has gone from 1980 to 2017 = 37 years, if they win.

#notwatching***

Jan 6, 2018, 10:08 AM

how do you think a Ga. win will effect our

Jan 6, 2018, 11:03 AM

recruiting,they already out recruited us after we won it all.Do you want Clemson to win another.Well it starts with recruiting

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can tell by your first sentence you don’t know what you

Jan 6, 2018, 11:10 AM

are talking about, believe me! Majority of Tiger fan for the dogs? LOL!

Re: You can tell by your first sentence you don’t know what you

Jan 6, 2018, 11:22 AM

I don't think you have a clue

Re: You can tell by your first sentence you don’t know what you

Jan 7, 2018, 12:19 AM [ in reply to You can tell by your first sentence you don’t know what you ]

> are talking about, believe me! Majority of Tiger
> fan for the dogs? LOL!

Meant "minority" my bad

Re: Let Georgia Fans enjoy this

Jan 6, 2018, 11:21 AM

I wouldn't pull for UGA in a ###### pulling contest

Re: Let Georgia Fans enjoy this

Jan 6, 2018, 11:21 AM

P eCKER

Georgia fans have nothing but disdain and condescension for

Jan 6, 2018, 11:34 AM

Clemson.

They will tell you, "We should never schedule Clemson. They don't deserve the recruiting exposure."

They really think a UGA degree is Ivy league compared to a Clemson degree. I am talking about their alums, not just the mouth breathing fan base.

No thanks on rooting for UGA, ever.

I'm for UGA ... but see them as underdog

Jan 7, 2018, 12:36 AM

Savannah citizen married to Dawg for 29 yrs ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I absolutely hate Alabama with a passion!

Jan 7, 2018, 4:12 AM

...but it will be a cold day in h-e-l-l before I ever cheer for Georgia!

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic