Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who on our schedule is the biggest threat to us winning the title next year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Who on our schedule is the biggest threat to us winning the title next year?

Jan 14, 2016, 4:30 PM

Will FSU have a QB that is reliable? Does LV have the experience to compete with us? Can BC find an offense?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who on our schedule is the biggest threat to us winning the title next year?

Jan 14, 2016, 4:33 PM

Florida State. I think they return something like 9 starters on defense and most of their offense will be back, including Cook and the entire offensive line.

Re: Who on our schedule is the biggest threat to us winning the title next year?

Jan 14, 2016, 4:34 PM

I'll be sick of we lose to them next year. Or anyone else for that matter.

it's possible that if they're actually good, we could lose

Jan 14, 2016, 4:57 PM

to them without it mattering that much. Say we're number one and they're in the top 5. We lose to them at their place, respectably. We're still quite possibly in the top 4, or at least in position to climb back in. I know it's not great, because they're then in the conference title driver's seat, but it might not be just completely catastrophic.

Re: it's possible that if they're actually good, we could lose

Jan 14, 2016, 5:01 PM

Yea that it actually he 2 game we can't afford to lose, because then we won't be in the title game. Even if FSU slips up to say nc state, they'll have the tiebreaker .

I don't want to lose

I don't think we'll lose

But of we have to, I'd prefer it to break somewhere between weeks 1-5, to say Notre dame or Louisville. We could even afford auburn or GT. NOT FSU

FSU, but Louisville scares me a touch. Granted, we were

Jan 14, 2016, 5:18 PM

still inexperienced, but Louisville gave us a pretty darned good game and a lot of their personnel were young. I think we win, just gave us a heck of a game this year, IMHO.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU, but Louisville scares me a touch. Granted, we were

Jan 14, 2016, 5:44 PM

We could lose to FSU, Louisville or Ga. Tech if we go into the games with an attitude and no effort thinking we win everything just by showing up. Allbarn is a tough opener, but FSU and the road games outside of Wake will be challenging with our defensive losses. Dabo must hire a special teams coordinator as well!

Go Tigers!

we do not play Notre Dame***

Jan 14, 2016, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Re: it's possible that if they're actually good, we could lose ]

We don't play ND this year.***

Jan 14, 2016, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: it's possible that if they're actually good, we could lose ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2016, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: it's possible that if they're actually good, we could lose ]

I guarantee you we won't lose to ND next year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2016, 5:02 PM [ in reply to it's possible that if they're actually good, we could lose ]

Don't know, but hard to imagine 2 ACC schools getting in. UNC wouldn't have made it if they won acccg. Ncg did help our credibility though.

FSU, as always.***

Jan 14, 2016, 4:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2016, 4:42 PM

FSU and Louisville. Auburn as the opener could set up to be a trap game. Malzhan has shown it only takes an upgrade at qb to make his offense go. However Auburn has one of the worst DC in college football in Kevin Steele and I doubt they stop next years Clemson offense.

Louisville is just so well coached and Lamar Jackson looks like he's coming into his own.

FSU is as deep as any team and is a qb away from being maybe the most Balanced team on the tigers schedule.

Overall I'll take #4 and #9 in any game. If it takes them scoring 52 pts to win a game I think they will.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Ummm...

Jan 14, 2016, 5:08 PM

I think the phrase "trap game" is dumb and overused. However, maybe I'm not sure what the definition is supposed to be. How on earth could the season opener be a trap?

Because we'll be looking ahead to Troy and SC state....

Jan 14, 2016, 5:35 PM

Duh....

Re: Ummm...

Jan 14, 2016, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Ummm... ]

Well in my mind a trap game is normally a game players and coaches overlook. So I guess you have a valid point.

In this case I'm wondering could Clemson end up seeing a drastically improved Auburn offense and find itself in an unexpected dog fight. I suppose you are right though Dabo has months to prep for Auburn, but if he preps for a certain play style and they come out doing something completely new is that considered falling into a trap?

It is an abused term I'll give you that.

null

Georgia Tech

Jan 14, 2016, 4:43 PM

Not cause they're that good, just something about playing them in Atlanta seems to be a major problem for any Clemson team (exceptions prove the rule)

Wyoming. Looking ahead may cost us the championship.***

Jan 14, 2016, 5:39 PM

+1***

Jan 14, 2016, 6:27 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Auburn, FSU, Louisville, and Pitt.

Jan 14, 2016, 5:42 PM

Nobody else concerns me. If you saw the Louisville QB that played in the bowl game against T A&M, you would be worried about the Cards too.

Jan 14, 2016, 5:43 PM

We are. If we play focused like we did this year then who we play doesn't really matter. If we just be us.....Natty again next year!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson special teams***

Jan 14, 2016, 5:55 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic