Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
George Rogers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 3,316

George Rogers

Jun 22, 2020, 11:15 AM

In today's Fansided edition, there is an article about George Rogers, Lamar Jackson and Herschel Walker. Rogers and Walker, both inners of the Heisman Trophy, never scored a touchdown against the Tigers.

Several years ago, there was story going around re the friendship of Rogers and a die-hard Tiger fan. The Tiger fan told Rogers he would like to take him to a place he had never visited. Plans were finalized for the trip, and on the appointed day the Tiger fan drove over o Rogers' abode to pick him up. In the Tiger fan's van was a fold-up table and two fold-up chairs. Leaving Columbia, they turned North on I-26 and eventually arrived in Clemson. They stopped at the local KFC and picked up two chicken lunches and then went to the Clemson stadium. The Tiger fan picked up the table and two chicken lunches and asked Rogers to pick up the two chairs and follow him. Entering the stadium, they set up the table and chairs in the end zone and enjoyed their chicken lunches. In Rogers four years at South Carolina, that was the first time he had ever made it to the Clemson end zone.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: George Rogers

Jun 22, 2020, 11:23 AM

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: George Rogers

Jun 22, 2020, 11:52 AM

He's a good sport, though.

A few years ago, I walked into a local Dick's Sporting Good store wearing a Michigan State t-shirt. George was sitting near the entrance with his Heisman trophy (or a copy of it) - signing autographs and allowing folks to take pictures. As I walked by, he said "Michigan State, that's a good school!" I said "George, I'm wearing this only because a friend gave it to me - I went to a much better school." He asked where and I said "Here's a hint - you were standing on the field, looking through the end zone, up a hill and saw a sea of orange pants that were about to whup your butt." His jaw dropped and he started stuttering and shaking his head. We had a good laugh, but I could tell it still haunted him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^^Reply of the day!

Jun 22, 2020, 2:06 PM

hilarious!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD***

Jun 22, 2020, 1:23 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 3,316
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic