Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: McDaniels makes his decision, announcement soon
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

New Story: McDaniels makes his decision, announcement soon

Apr 7, 2014, 2:14 PM

McDaniels makes his decision, announcement soon

Clemson standout junior K.J. McDaniels has made his decision on whether to turn pro or return for his senior season, and an announcement could come later this week, according to his mother. What does she say about the decision? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's hope he stays!

Apr 7, 2014, 2:16 PM

He stays and we are NCAA tournament good, and may be able to make a good run. He goes, we may make the tournament, but not a deep run.

I'm not sure if him following his dreams and it not being about the money is good or bad, for once… I'm hoping it's good though

Re: Let's hope he stays!

Apr 7, 2014, 5:56 PM

If he stays another year, he will be a lot better than he is now. If he is a maybe 1st round, next year he will be a lock 1st round. Brownell is a BB COACH, he makes players better players!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being the forever pessimist, the wording in this article

Apr 7, 2014, 2:18 PM

sounds like he may leave. :(

But, I am very proud of all he has done for Clemson basketball! I will support him in his decision.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I hate to say it and I hope I'm wrong

Apr 7, 2014, 2:20 PM

But to me it sounds like he is gone.

KJ to make his announcement via Tigernet

Apr 7, 2014, 2:23 PM

not really

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

The last sentence in the article says "It's not about money"

Apr 7, 2014, 2:28 PM

If that's true, then he'll stay another year.

He had a fine season, but he has a lot of room for improvement.

He can get a lot better and can enhance his position for the long term if he's not overly enamored with the financial payday he'd make in the short run by leaving early.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or, "it's not about the money," as in...

Apr 7, 2014, 2:30 PM

It doesn't matter to him whether he's pick #25 or #7. Sometimes it's good to take the opportunity when you have it, because you're not ensured of another one.

COOT

Apr 7, 2014, 2:49 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I talked to his mom and dad in New York....

Apr 7, 2014, 2:38 PM

and they said they honestly didn't know what he was going to do. However, his mom did say that if it was up to her she would like to see him get his degree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Generally, Mom knows best.***

Apr 7, 2014, 2:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Unless she's a politician from another country***

Apr 7, 2014, 2:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did say "generally"

Apr 7, 2014, 3:23 PM

:)

well she was smart enough to know that RN could get away

Apr 8, 2014, 6:18 AM [ in reply to Unless she's a politician from another country*** ]

with his crap at old miss but not at Clemson.....

I always listen to my momma

Apr 8, 2014, 1:01 AM [ in reply to Generally, Mom knows best.*** ]

and it usually works out pretty well :)

You can get a degree anytime. If his NBA stock is high

Apr 8, 2014, 11:18 AM [ in reply to I talked to his mom and dad in New York.... ]

he should go for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: New Story: McDaniels makes his decision, announcement soon

Apr 7, 2014, 2:39 PM

The general tone of this article sounds like he is gone...and if he is I wish him well and I can say I have watched one of the most exciting Clemson players to ever lace 'em up in Little John. Good luck KJ with either path you choose!!!

"one of" but not "the"........."the" is still Skip Wise IMHO***

Apr 7, 2014, 3:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope I am right but if he had decided to leave it would

Apr 7, 2014, 3:03 PM

have leaked by now. An agent is not going to sit on this announcement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there a press conference...

Apr 7, 2014, 3:22 PM

Scheduled? My experience on this is when there is a press conference the player leaves, if not he's coming back. Any idea???

signed CJ Spiller...signed Tajh Boyd...signed Nuk Hopkins?***

Apr 7, 2014, 3:42 PM

You forgot Vic!***

Apr 7, 2014, 3:44 PM

Actually he is the only one the last few years that fit his

Apr 7, 2014, 4:02 PM

example...

I could have also mentioned Martavis Bryant as he didn't have a press conference...

Gone! Thanks KJ and best of luck!!

Apr 7, 2014, 3:51 PM

These quotes sound like thwy are softening the blow.. genuine, but still read to me like he is gone. What a joy it was to watch this guy.. love the credit gocen to BB and staff. Thats recruiting gold.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

STAYING***

Apr 7, 2014, 3:57 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For the fans and Team's sake

Apr 7, 2014, 4:48 PM

I hope he returns, but as for KJ...might be good if he
went pro.

J/S

Sounds like he might be leaving, which would be a mistake.

Apr 7, 2014, 5:10 PM

As good of a year as he had, it was still clear that he has some significant aspects of his game to work on. That includes his outside shot, his ball handling, and his passing. I have no doubt that he will ultimately improve those deficits, but it's much harder when you are a late first round or second round pick as opposed to a lottery pick. Teams just don't tend to be as patient with those they don't invest high picks in.

I would certainly love to have K.J. back, not only for his own development, but for the good of our basketball team in 2014-2015. Regardless, I wish K.J. all the best and am confident he will be successful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

no doubt...get buried on a bench and your development is

Apr 8, 2014, 12:38 PM

slowed. However I think it comes down to one thing...does he dream of being a top pick or simply an NBA player.

Re: New Story: McDaniels makes his decision, announcement soon

Apr 7, 2014, 5:39 PM

Is he going to class that would be a clue he is staying !

Sounds like he went straight home after NY,NY.

He Gone

Apr 7, 2014, 8:43 PM

Wish he'd stay because i think next year could be really exciting. He could also polish some ball handling & shooting skills to raise his stock in the Draft next year.

Reading this makes it sound like a done deal though that he's gone.

staying or leaving?

Apr 8, 2014, 9:52 AM

If he is staying... why wait to make announcement?
Seems KJ is humble and not for fanfare.

Sounds to me like he is going and will now get his business in order..pick an agent, set up training, etc. As a business decision he probably should capitalize on being only person in NCAA's to lead his team in those 5 or 6 categories. Next yr his overall stats could go down and the team be better. But I think kj will always have pts blocks and rebounds.

I just do not see why someone waits to say that they are coming back. But I hope we have a cj moment for cu basketball.

Stay K.J..........stay. As an announcer said in the NIT

Apr 8, 2014, 11:09 AM

game, it is one thing to get drafted and entirely another thing to make a roster. Get that one more year.

I tend to think that if a big exciting announcement is comin

Apr 8, 2014, 11:27 AM

g later in the week, then this already sez it all: he's leaving.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic