Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
General Update: Clemson names new men's tennis coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

General Update: Clemson names new men's tennis coach

Jun 7, 2016, 4:08 PM

Clemson names new men's tennis coach

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting move

Jun 7, 2016, 4:34 PM

when I worked with the team, Boetsch was the one who would train the players on court, make the recruiting trips ( to places like Bulgaria) and he scouted the opponents. He loves Clemson and is hungry to win. He now has the power to hire an assistant that matches his hunger to win. Hopefully he can bring in an assistant with greta recruiting ties.

Things looking up

Re: Interesting move

Jun 7, 2016, 4:58 PM

How would you rate his eight years as recruiting coordinator? Unlike football and basketball, don't follow closely enough to recall the level of success during that time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

hit and miss

Jun 7, 2016, 5:15 PM

if he goes back to recruiting guys for 4 years we will be better. The last few years the team has relied on mediocre transfers

T_I_P Thanks for chiming in

Jun 7, 2016, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Interesting move ]

As an avid fan of all things Clemson sports, I appreciate having people to rely on that are "Tigernet Experts" in a particular non-revenue sport. When I was at Clemson I was the Director of Non-Revenue Sports for Central Spirit and knew all of the coaches. In the 14 years since then almost all of the coaches I knew are gone. Larry Penley and Nancy Harris are the only two left and I didn't work with them much - Leggett and Hoover were the last two that I worked with a significant amount

You are certainly the go-to "Tigernet Expert" when it comes to the Tennis programs. Thus I look for your posts when I'm wondering about anything related to Clemson Tennis. When I saw this headline, my first thought was "where is T_I_P's opinion." Glad I found it quickly and wanted you to know that it was appreciated.

Ken
Clemson Class of 2002

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No problem Ken.

Jun 7, 2016, 5:32 PM

I love being around all college sports, not just the big ones. When I was growing up around Clemson and when I was a student there I went to countless games of all the teams. Tennis turned into my particular interest thanks to my love for that sport and being the manger of the mens team my junior and senior year was great. Traveling with the team were great memories.

And now working at NDSU I work closely with volleyball, women's soccer, softball, wrestling (two sports I wish Clemson had).

I really don't like when people say things like "who cares" about any collegiate sport.

Who is greta? Is she good at tennis?

Jun 7, 2016, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Interesting move ]

nm

I heard Ryan Young will be back as an assistant coach.

Jun 7, 2016, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Interesting move ]

I think it's a great hire.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he would leave SC for Clemson?

Jun 7, 2016, 10:29 PM

and I am not sure that's a great hire. SC has been pretty mediocre at tennis and before that he was at Michigan State who is always terrible in tennis. He was a great player for us but we need a recruiting wizard, someone with strong connections in several pipelines. Not sure Young has that. Also he is pretty similar type of coach to Boetsch

I guess we will see...***

Jun 7, 2016, 10:34 PM

Re: he would leave SC for Clemson?

Jun 8, 2016, 8:14 AM [ in reply to he would leave SC for Clemson? ]

Oh were you the manager for Michigan St. too when the made the NCAA tournament under Coach Young for the first time in their school's history?

Michigan State tennis is am embarrassment quite frankly

Jun 8, 2016, 11:49 AM

and they have a good facility too (yes I have been to it).

They did make the tournament 1 year with Young. If you want to give Young that credit then sure.

I'm not saying he would be terrible hire, I'm just saying I think there are better hires out there. Young and Goffi have stalled the SC program recently

Re: Michigan State tennis is am embarrassment quite frankly

Jun 8, 2016, 1:14 PM

Young and Goffi, or just Goffi? And how can you know?

Goffi and Young

Jun 8, 2016, 1:49 PM

have very similar recruiting pipelines, which is why SC has been pretty good about getting decent American players recently.

My worry is that Young and Boetsch would have the same connections in terms of recruiting pipelines and therefore his addition would not really add anything in the sense of recruiting. In my opinion they should get a guy who has good international pipelines to add with Boetsch's American ones. Recruiting is vital in tennis.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic