Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: DT Eddie Goldman talks Gamecocks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: DT Eddie Goldman talks Gamecocks

Jul 18, 2011, 1:03 PM

DT Eddie Goldman talks Gamecocks

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: DT Eddie Goldman talks Gamecocks

Jul 18, 2011, 1:08 PM

Impressed by Acidemics at USCjr? Wonder if he visited Five Points also?

All you have to do is a little research to find that USC's

Jul 18, 2011, 1:29 PM

Academics are not all that hot and Spurrier's APR Score is around the 60th percentile of Div1-A football playing schools. Can't believe everything coaches tell you kid.

You need to go see USC's academic performance over the last

Jul 18, 2011, 10:31 PM

3 academic years (6 semesters). We are outperforming most the of the SEC since the Dodie opened; and the football team in particular has set record after record for team GPA.

Outperforming the SEC really isn't saying much...

Jul 19, 2011, 12:20 AM

I just looked up the latest APR scores that were released a few months ago. USC is 6th in the SEC and in the 60th percentile in the nation. They might be records for South Carolina but that's no different than SC State saying they are setting records for football. Just cause you are doing better than you have in the past doesn't mean your academics are good.

Keep ignoring the facts that don't help your case...

Jul 19, 2011, 8:34 AM

it is apparently serving you well...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2011-01-20-2126894622_x.htm?csp=34sports

They significantly out-paced Clemson's football GPA during the same period... 2.7 vs. 2.4.

http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=9364

USC had more athletic programs over a 3.0 than Clemson did, including an overall athletic GPA over 3.0.

Now... no one is saying that Clemson has a poor academic performance record. I am merely pointing out that it is clear USC is putting an emphasis on academics, which is why the Dodie got top billing in the plan to reconstruct the athletic facilities at USC. It appears to be paying dividends in the classroom and in recruiting.

These are just facts. But I am sure you will find some reason to discredit them.

Now if the curriculum at both schools were exactly the....

Jul 19, 2011, 9:28 AM

same, you would be on to something. Unfortunately for you, not only are they not, but the measure that the NCAA uses (That is Clemson and USC's governing body, correct?) is the APR. And USC's APR is not even CLOSE to Clemson's. That's all there is to it.

Jul 18, 2011, 9:46 PM

So funny. They have a real player, a real 5 star prospect, and stevie is just too busy (proobably on about the 4th tee), but his minions did a good job in his place. This young man got no respect at coot u. I hope he and his Dad really see this. After he signs, there will be even less caring. Of course, when he gets busted at 5 Points for drugs, or whiskey, or whatever, stevie will get him out in time for the game, but he still will have the bad record, and it will follow him the rest of his life. I hope this young man is smarter than that. And the comment about the academics is so comical. Who could fall for that from them? Come on Eddie, be smarter than that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guys... just saying it doesn't make it true.

Jul 18, 2011, 10:34 PM

Go look at USC's team GPA over the last 6 semesters. Go check out what USC athletics overall are doing in the classroom.

The Dodie is having a major effect.

Re: Guys... just saying it doesn't make it true.

Jul 19, 2011, 10:10 AM

It's not like they are at a good school. Come on!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geez, does Clemson REALLY need to look at

Jul 19, 2011, 10:51 AM

some coot GPA numbers???? Why don't you take a look at Clemson's graduation and GPA numbers??? Start at the top of the list---you won't have to look much farther down.

And maybe you could tell us and the Goldman family exactly who the "Dodie" is copied after?????

Nice try, maroon

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sorry---should be under the prior post***

Jul 19, 2011, 10:52 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sorry---should be under the prior post***

Jul 19, 2011, 11:26 AM

Also, the guy is a maroon moron!

Jul 19, 2011, 9:21 AM

about how they suck, guess its feel like home to him, he grew up in the projects so why not stay in them.
Hey Eddie if you want a better place to live come to Clemson

Jul 19, 2011, 10:22 AM

man, y'all really make me wanna be apart of the clemson family....

everyone is welcome...

Jul 19, 2011, 10:44 AM

even tarholes like yourself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2011, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: DT Eddie Goldman talks Gamecocks ]

I hope not.

What sort of bamboozling BS could usuck be telling

Jul 19, 2011, 10:41 AM

this kid and his parents about the "academics" there?????

Maybe they've advising the family that young Mr. Goldman will get a "valuable degree" regardless of the work he does or doesn't do.

Re: What sort of bamboozling BS could usuck be telling

Jul 19, 2011, 11:30 AM

Valuable? Really? A diploma from there would probably be like a really short organ. Probably okay close around home, but if you get away from home and someone sees it, there would be laughter.

the batteries in your sarcasm meter are low......:~)***

Jul 19, 2011, 11:47 AM

Re: the batteries in your sarcasm meter are low......:~)***

Jul 19, 2011, 12:22 PM

I'll try to get a recharger hooked up.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic