Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Games in Order of Difficulty (My Opinion, Whats Yours?)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,755

Games in Order of Difficulty (My Opinion, Whats Yours?)

Jan 24, 2017, 6:08 PM

The tossups:
1) Florida State
2) Auburn
-----
The 65-35 Type Games:
3) @ Louisville
4) @ VA Tech
5) @ NC State
-----
The 75-25 Type Games:
6) Georgia Tech
7) @ South Carolina
-----
The 85-15 Type Games:
8) @ Syracuse
9) Boston College
10) Wake Forest
-----
The Exhibitions:
11) Kent State
12) Citadel

Based on the above, I'd predict 10-2 but probably better chance of 11-1 than 9-3. Would not surprise me at all for us to win the two tough home games (Florida State and Auburn), but to slip up to one of the three in the next group (esp. Louisville or VA Tech). Georgia Tech and South Carolina we will be clearly more talented than them, but they will always play us tough even without the defending national championship factor. 12-0 would be quite an accomplishment next year, but not out of the question.

For those interested - last year I had only one in the tossup category (Florida State), 3 in the 65-35 area (@ Auburn, Louisville, @ GA Tech), and 3 in the 75-25 area (South Carolina, Pitt, and NC State). With that I predicted 11-1.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends entirely on our QB situation.

Jan 24, 2017, 6:14 PM

Assuming good (not DW4 world class) QB play, I'd say FSU and UofL are toughest games, then Auburn.

Not too worried about the rest. Would be concerned about VT had they not experienced a mass exodus of talent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think we will be a 4-5 pt favorite at Louisville

Jan 24, 2017, 6:15 PM

which is what 65% (roughly) equates to. I also think that game is more difficult than home vs Auburn.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think we will be a 4-5 pt favorite at Louisville

Jan 24, 2017, 6:30 PM

Agreed. Looks good mostly.

Would move UL into the tossup category. The hater in me thinks Jackson won't have a good year, and the slide continues. But...kid does have talent. Kind of in wait and see mode on that one for me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Games in Order of Difficulty (My Opinion, Whats Yours?)

Jan 24, 2017, 6:28 PM

I think Louisville is going to be a 8-4 type team next season

Jan 24, 2017, 6:36 PM

You must mean 75-25 will be the score of the scar game. I don't think they'll score 25. ????

Jan 24, 2017, 6:47 PM

I think everyone predicted 12-0 or 11-1.

Not sure of anybody got the 1 correct by team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt FSU is the biggest toss up on the Board. But,

Jan 24, 2017, 6:57 PM

we have them at home in Nov. if we are undefeated when they arrive, I feel good.

Start with Auburn. We will be breaking in a new QB and will not expect him to be our next savior. Kind of what Bama's frosh QB did starting last season. Auburn lost some key defensive players last year but, and this is Real, the QB they brought from Baylor is the real thing, like Cam Newton thing! That's my biggest concern but the Clemson Defense will be back.

Okay, next concern is at Louisville. They are convinced they should have beat us last year. They return Mr. Heisman but, bring it on. Dabo knows how to win on the road.

Last concern is Va. Tech. They finished well last year and played us well in the ACC. They will be waiting for a top 10 rated, underfeated team. Dabo will prevail. We love that kind of atmosphere!

I'm saying 9-3 the worst. Beat Auburn and I go 10-2, go to Louisville and win, 11-1...bring on the Seminole's!

Jan 24, 2017, 7:14 PM

Tier 1:

vs FSU (tossup)
at Louisville (tossup)
vs Auburn

Tier 2:

at VT
at NCST
at SCAR
vs GT

Tier 3:

at Syracuse
vs Wake
vs BC

Tier 4:

vs Kent
vs Citadel

Best case: 12-0
Worst case: 8-4
Prediction: 10-2

Jan 24, 2017, 7:26 PM

Interesting way to break it down,

Mine

Tier 1:

vs FSU (underdog)
vs Auburn (tossup)
at Louisville (tossup)

Tier 2:

at VT
at NCST

Tier 3:

at SCAR
vs GT

Tier 4:

at Syracuse
vs Wake
vs BC

Tier 5:

vs Kent
vs Citadel

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I'd move Scar down and Syracuse up.. seriously***

Jan 25, 2017, 1:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I feel better about Auburn & FSU at home than I do about

Jan 25, 2017, 12:05 AM

Va Tech and Louisville on the road.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are underestimating home-field advantage

Jan 25, 2017, 12:26 AM

We'll be a touchdown or more favorite against Auburn at home. We will not be a touchdown favorite on the road against UL or VT. That trip to Syracuse on a short week also will be tougher than Ga Tech at home after a bye. Otherwise, I tend to agree with your assessment. Mine would look like:

Tossup:
FSU
@UL

60/40
@VT

75/25
Auburn
@NCSU

85/15
@Syr
GT
@SC

95/5
Wake
BC

99/1
Kent State
Citadel

So doing the math (.5 x 2) + (.6) + (.75 x 2) + (.85 x 3) + (.95 x 2) + (.99 x 2) = ~9.5 wins.

Also, if you do the math on yours, you definitely don't get 10 wins, you get:
(.5 x 2) + (.65 x 3) + (.75 x 2) + (.85 x 3) + 2 = 9 wins. So either you need to adjust your percentages or you need to adjust your expected win total.

^^^ Proof Clemson is an engineering school***

Jan 25, 2017, 1:33 AM

Jan 25, 2017, 1:32 AM

FSU - curious to know how they fair against AL. Francios & Receivers, New RB talent
Louisville - facing Lamar Jackson
Auburn - Our QB will matchup well with vaunted defense to carry. Higher Scoring than last year
Syracuse- I know it's not popular, but Dino Babers is a good coach, and a good recruiter, who knows what He's got up his sleeve. He will have used Clemson's model to have been building for success.
NC State - Running backs, & kickers will play a big role in this game as we have seen yet again. We stack up as well on Defense, and yes ...Doren- again. High Scoring
VA Tech- Fuente is another good coach, He will have some pieces back and He'll find him a QB. High Scoring

Who knows what the new QB rotation or situation is going to look like. .We'll see.

From there: GT re-building and others. Just My opinion

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,755
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic