Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gameplan for coots...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Gameplan for coots...

Nov 22, 2014, 4:15 AM

Coaches call a meeting next week with Deshaun Watson and his offensive line only. During this meeting coaches need to stress to the big boys up front that Watson will be in a brace and operate out of the pocket. Stress to them that the difference in winning and losing the most important game of the season is up to them. Protect your QB at all cost and make them understand that if they don't do their jobs THAT NIGHT, it could not only mean a Tiger loss to coots, but letting the man they are assigned to protect being carried off the field.

I don't know if Watson will start, but if he can, that Oline needs a spark and must understand the gravity of the situation.

Watson with time in the pocket can be deadly. All he needs is time my friends...Here's to hoping he can play bc if he does, the streak is over. I will tell you now that if Stoudt starts we will not be the fanbase with smile on their face when the clock strikes 0.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gameplan for coots...

Nov 22, 2014, 4:57 AM

Respectfully I disagree. I think that Cole would beat the Coots as well . I think that Nick S. would beat the Coots.
Remember , Spurrier can't call the plays on defense ...and their defense couldn't stop a toy train .
Spurrier also has to beat our defense . That is his assignment.
Clemson 24 SCar 17

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 22, 2014, 5:36 AM

I disagree.
Chad Morris only game plan during the time Deshaun was out was the old Rob Spence
bubble screen right,bubble screen left,and hope Cole don't throw a pick six.
You think!!Of course Nick S.would beat the coots.
Granted,we can only hope that Spurrier comes up with the same game plan,
nixing the run for the pass,but if he does run,and eats up valuable time,the less Cole has to work with is not a reciept for victory.
Chad,and Cole will not,imo,beat the coots.Chad,and Deshaun will have a field day if our "O"
line can give him time to throw.
Oh,and Chad ,please limit Deshauns running plays.

Nov 22, 2014, 6:30 AM

Still amazed how people brush off our offensive woes as a worry because the other team has a bad defense. I hope we move the ball all over the coots but there isn't a defense that doesn't scare me at this point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2014, 6:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Gameplan for coots... ]

I would sure hope they could move the ball on that horrible gamecock defense, but georgia techs defense was statistically worse, and look how they shut Cole down. I hope they can put a better game plan in place if Cole starts, considering they will have some time to prepare for them. Its just a big unknown with Cole and that makes everyone nervous.

Nov 22, 2014, 6:57 AM

What scares the heck out of me is the thought that we start Watson, get the ball first, run the ball twice and end up with third and seven. First series, coots rush 7, blitz 4 sack Watson. He may not get hurt, but he will get scared. A scared QB can't be effective. At this point the coots know what they have on defense and as much as I'd like to think that their coaches are stupid, they aren't. You don't coach at this level if you're stupid. They will find our weaknesses and we will find theirs. It will boil down to which team has the fewest weaknesses on Saturday.

Agreed***

Nov 22, 2014, 6:59 AM

Nov 22, 2014, 7:06 AM

Game plain for the Coots:

UNLEASH Vic Beasley, Grady Jarrett etc up front!!

UNLEASH Stephone Anthony and Tony Steward in the middle!! BLITZ!!!

UNLEASH Jayron Kearse and Gary Peters in the back!!

Assign Mac Alexander to shut down one entire side of the field!!

Our Defense WILL win this game for us!!

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2014, 7:27 AM

Clemson's defense, while great, has given up points on busted plays in the secondary this year. The pressure of the d line will be huge for CU, but SC's strength is their online and running game. SOS has called some bad plays this year but proved last week at UF that he can and will rely on the running game. Spurrier will grind this game out as much as possible. The defense doesn't have to be amazing, just good enough. If the defense matches their production of the UF game, Carolina wins.

as bad as our offense has been, it has still been better

Nov 22, 2014, 9:47 AM

than what florida fields on that side of the ball, and the other side as well! you just can't be sitting there claiming how good your defense played in that game (against that horrendous offense), with a straight face,anyway....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Punting on 2nd and 3rd down to avoid turnovers?***

Nov 22, 2014, 7:38 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson: pass from the pocket. Cole: hand off to the RB's***

Nov 22, 2014, 7:43 AM

Nov 22, 2014, 9:59 AM

As much as this is a good idea to do. Its something that they should do no matter who is at qb for us. We have played much worse defense so far this year and look what we have produced out it. I feel CS should not be an option for the game. If DS is not able to play give ot to NS to handle!

Romans 10:9

Nov 22, 2014, 10:43 AM

Dang, you think that's what's wrong with the Oline- nobody pulled them to the side and told them they have to block..... You must have an IQ of 160, wish out coaches were smart enough to do this at the beginning of the year!

Nov 22, 2014, 11:03 AM

Not a bad plan for whoever is the starting QB, but this game will come down to D and who wants it the most.

No Watson no win

Nov 22, 2014, 11:21 AM

We can't score on offense without him, this is fact!

Re: No Watson no win

Nov 22, 2014, 11:43 AM

clearwater ...you honestly think Clemson can't beat the Coots without D. Watson ? That must also be the way you feel about every team we play .
Sorry to burst that bubble , but since Watson's hand injury we went 4-1 with Stoudt at the helm. That was against a #9 , #40 and # 28 defense .
The Coots defense probably has some rank , but I wouldn't list it if I were them.
Clemson is gonna shut them down on offense , and our offense will score plenty.
I still think we win by no more than a TD with Cole ...but if DW plays and stays in the game for the entirety ...its a Clemson blowout.
They think A & M lit that secondary up ? Wait til they get a load of D Wat !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic