Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gamecocks Should Be Ranked in the Top 25
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 69
| visibility 1

Gamecocks Should Be Ranked in the Top 25

Nov 12, 2017, 8:52 PM

I can't believe there are six, 7 win 3 loss teams ranked in the top 25 and USC is left out. Heck they only got two votes. There are 6 other teams with more votes than South Carolina outside of the top 25. So that would put the Gamecocks at #32

I am a Clemson fan through and through don't care much for the Coots but, you can't tell me that the likes of North Western, AZ, Boise State, Iowa, Army, West Virginia and Michigan State should all be ranked ahead of them. And NC State who they beat the 1st game of the year is ranked #25 with the same record.

USC should be ranked around #24 and a couple of those other teams should drop out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Other than NCST they have played absolutely no one

Nov 12, 2017, 8:56 PM

they don't deserve ####.

They deserve to have about three more losses than they do because teams have given games away to them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Other than NCST they have played absolutely no one

Nov 12, 2017, 8:58 PM

You’re correct. Not sure what OP thinks he’s seen but they’re definitely not top 25

If you analyze who they have beaten

Nov 12, 2017, 8:57 PM

You would have your answer...

Do you think USuCk could play bama as well as Miss St? They are both 7-3. Records are misleading...

Re: If you analyze who they have beaten

Nov 12, 2017, 9:34 PM

Well they played UGA better than Miss St so yeah maybe.

Nov 12, 2017, 9:37 PM [ in reply to If you analyze who they have beaten ]

Can you read? I didn't say they should be ranked ahead of Miss State. But there are definitely some other teams with identical records who are ranked above them but in my opinion are not as good and their strength of schedule is worse.

Nov 12, 2017, 9:42 PM

I don't think they should be ahead of Miss St but NC St and Northwestern for sure. They are not as bad as everybody on here makes them out to be. They are not a really good team but they have a decent RB and good WRs and TE. Their D is playing pretty dang good football.

Nov 12, 2017, 10:08 PM

What makes you think they should be ahead of Northwestern?

Nov 12, 2017, 10:20 PM

The eye test. I have watched both teams play and I think the chickens would win. If you consider beating Mich St and Iowa good Ws I understand why Northwestern is ranked. They lost to Duke 41-17.

Nov 12, 2017, 10:44 PM

And South Carolina needed a last second field goal to win 17-16 over a 4-6 LA Tech team who just lost 48-23 to Florida Atlantic this past weekend. Northwestern has also beaten 2 teams in the CFP top 25, and played 2 other ranked teams including given unbeaten Wisconsin a tough game. Maybe South Carolina would beat them, but Northwestern certainly has a more deserving resume.

Nov 12, 2017, 10:54 PM

I am not saying Northwestern does not have a better resume. You can say all you want about them barely beating LT but Miss St had a hard time last week with Umass which is worse than LT and this week they had Bama on the ropes. We only beat Troy by 6 and won the Natty. Sometimes you play down to competition. I can't argue that SC should be ahead of Northwestern but I think they are better. I will argue all day that they should be ahead of NC St. Though NC St is a dang good team and played is great SC beat them and they have the same record and State has no really good W.

Nov 12, 2017, 11:04 PM

Miss State beat LA Tech 57-21. Troy has also been a good team, they went 10-3 last season, and are 8-2 this season with a win over LSU. Yes they are from a smaller conference, but at least they play well within that small conference. The way South Carolina played against LA Tech and even the way Miss State played against UMASS only supports the point of the SEC being weak. Last season three teams who scored the most points against South Carolina were Clemson, South Florida, and Western Carolina, and UMASS scored the 5th most. That's 4 out of the 5 highest points given up last season coming from out of conference games.

Nov 12, 2017, 11:12 PM

While I do agree, Bama is a dang good team.

Re: Gamecocks Should Be Ranked in the Top 25

Nov 12, 2017, 8:58 PM

The Gamecocks shouldn't be ranked in the Top 50......

Message was edited by: keith75®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All the teams U listed would beat them,so would NCS

Nov 12, 2017, 8:59 PM

if they played again. They trash,only held up by playing in the EASIEST division in Div 1 Football.The voters in every poll have spoken, THEY ARE NOT TOP 25 MATERIAL.

Over 55 different polls have said so,not even TOP 30

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

Re: All the teams U listed would beat them,so would NCS

Nov 12, 2017, 9:09 PM

SEC - East
CONF OVERALL HOME ROAD NEUTRAL PF PA STRK

South Carolina 5-3 7-3 4-1 2-2 1-0 248 206 W1

Here are the SEC teams they beat!

Florida 3-5 3-6 2-2 1-2 0-2 185 255 L5
Beat Tenn, Vandy, Ky
Missouri 2-4 5-5 4-3 1-2 0-0 379 319 W4
Beat Tenn, Fl
Tennessee 0-6 4-6 3-2 0-4 1-0 204 277 L1
Vanderbilt 0-6 4-6 3-3 1-3 0-0 236 307 L1

SEC - West

Arkansas 1-5 4-6 2-2 1-3 1-1 279 358 L1
Beat Ole Miss

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 9:36 PM [ in reply to All the teams U listed would beat them,so would NCS ]

Blah blah blah blah blah. They would beat them if they played again. Lmao. Do you hear how that sounds?

Nov 12, 2017, 9:58 PM

Well NC State outgained them by 300 yards, and it was clear to anyone who watched the game that the better team didn't win. Sure, the final score is all that matters, but NC State would beat them 9 out of 10 times, and that was clear to anyone watching that game.

Nov 12, 2017, 10:08 PM

South Carolina never trailed and was up 14 in the fourth quarter. They were out gained but part of that is because a fumble gave them a short field to score, they had a kick return so there is a position of O lost. That right there would be about 150 yards. State missed a field goal and they couldn't convert on downs. You can gain as many yards as you want to it doesn't matter if you do not score. Vt out gained us and we beat them 31-17 and it wasn't ever close.

Nov 12, 2017, 10:11 PM

There is a difference in being outgained, and being outgained 504-246.

Nov 13, 2017, 8:21 AM

Yea but you need to add in special teams yards and it is not as bad. Also SC scored off turnovers. Gotta give an credit.

You can't believe it?

Nov 12, 2017, 9:01 PM

NC State is the only team they've beaten with a winning record, and all of those wins have been in a close fashion where it could've gone either way.

Nov 12, 2017, 9:02 PM

The Gamecocks shouldn't be ranked in the Top 50....

Nov 12, 2017, 9:04 PM

Lol no way these coots should be ranked, unless ur talking women's basketball. Someone's feathers are showing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 9:04 PM

They've played the most garbage teams and teams with coaches on the way out in the history of CFB. It's close to unprecedented. Not saying they aren't low end good, but that's about it. No way you can emphatically argue they are top 25.

Nov 12, 2017, 9:05 PM

So, you think that the Wisc. Badgers should be ranked ahead of Clemson since they are undefeated? I guess that it doesn't matter who you've played or how you've played.

Check the offensive and defensive standing of the Cluckers. They're in the 120's on a lot of their rankings. Sure they have a decent record - much better than I ever guessed, but I never guessed that Arkansas, UT, and Florida would be terrible this year. Plus they played and beat teams known to be lousy: La Tech, Missouri, and Vandy. They beat NC State - well no they didn't. State lost that game! Other than the Wuffies, name a single good team that they beat.

Are you sure they deserve to be ranked?

The combined SEC records of the SEC teams they have beaten

is something like 5 and 25. NC State is the ONLY decent team they have beaten, and that was an absolute gift! I don't think they should expect to be in the top 25, but if they are when we play them, great! Another ranked team for us to whip.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh, no. Just stop it. They haven't beaten ANYONE with a pulse---other than NC State, who frankly gave that game away. Nobody.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

They have played no one.

Nov 12, 2017, 9:20 PM

Their offense is ranked like 115th or something like that. Their defensive numbers are propped up by playing offenses as bad as theirs which is just like last year. I mean Western Carolina scored more on them than any of their SEC opponents last year. Their only good win was a fluke in which NC State out gained them 500-250. State completely dominated them on both sides of the ball and still found a way to lose. It's a rare feat but leave it to the pack to do it. Anyway you want to rank a team that had barely beaten teams that are horrible. Half of the teams on their schedule are firing their coaches. They lost to Kentucky at home and needed a last second miracle to beat La Tech at home. They beat their chests over a 14 point loss to Georgia and you are wondering why these losers aren't ranked? You have got to be a coot.

Re: They have played no one.

Nov 12, 2017, 10:15 PM

Last year, Clemson, South Florida, and Western Carolina scored more on them than any SEC team, and UMASS scored more than all but 1 SEC team.

Re: They have played no one.

Nov 13, 2017, 6:03 AM
image.jpg(79.5 K)

You are correct sir. I just like the FCS example considering their struggles lately.

where is Kentucky ranked?***

Nov 12, 2017, 9:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: where is Kentucky ranked?***

Nov 12, 2017, 9:45 PM

I think Kentucky and Usuck would both beat Northwestern.

ROFL...uhhhh...NO !!!!***

Nov 12, 2017, 9:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: ROFL...uhhhh...NO !!!!***

Nov 12, 2017, 9:32 PM

Their strength of schedule is their downfall. They have played only 2 teams with a pulse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 9:39 PM

I think they will be on Tuesday. They deserve it IMO. They have the same record as NC St and beat them head to head. They should be about NC St. Who has NC St beat? BC is their best W. I don't hate on them like most of us though. I'd rather them be 11-0 when we beat them.

Nov 12, 2017, 10:04 PM

I'd say it's because the committee looks at more than just a single game, and they make an honest effort to rank what they feel are the best 25 teams in college football. NC State has beaten more than just one team with a winning record all season, and has a win over what was a top 25 Louisville team at the time they played. NC State also doesn't have losses to freakin Kentucky, Texas A&M, and they didn't need a last second FG to beat LA Tech.

Nov 12, 2017, 10:14 PM

The teams they beat with winning records are Louisville, Marshall, and Furman.

Nov 12, 2017, 10:20 PM

Which is 2 more than South Carolina. NC State also had to play 2 other ranked teams(ND and Clemson) where South Carolina has only had to play one(Georgia).

Bla, Blah ,Blah

Nov 13, 2017, 6:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks Should Be Ranked in the Top 25 ]

It doesn't matter what you think

A link of over 50 Polls shows that they are not

https://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

Nov 13, 2017, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks Should Be Ranked in the Top 25 ]

Dude you crack me up. You really throw some crazy stuff out there. What real clemson fan would ever want the chickens to be 11-0? Only fans like you that I’m sure pull for them when they aren’t playing us. “State pride” crap.

You thinking they deserve to be ranked doesn’t shock me at all. Who cares if they are 7-3. Rutgers could be 7-3 with that pos schedule. Do you realize the Sec teams they’ve beaten are a combined 6-26 in the conference. And that’s with a Florida team that won 3 conference games before the team totally quit playing football. They needed an absolute miracle Hail Mary pass to set up a game winning field goal to beat Louisiana freaking tech. Every game they’ve played has been close except one. How does that justify them being ranked? Or better than northwestern? Of coarse you would think that.

Nov 12, 2017, 9:43 PM

Based on record alone I've been saying it for 2 weeks, but does anyone think they are really one of the top 25 teams in the country? If Clemson plays its best game and South Carolina plays its best game we probably still win by 2 TDs.

Nov 12, 2017, 9:57 PM

What a surprise that the "Clemson" fan who wants South Carolina in the top 25 also refers to them as USC.

the surprise is that they think we're as stupid

Nov 12, 2017, 10:06 PM

as they are and unable to see through such a simpleton disguise,

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2017, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks Should Be Ranked in the Top 25 ]

Ding ding ding we have a winner. I was gonna say that. +1

They are in the SEC east.

Nov 12, 2017, 10:04 PM

They have that going for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fries are ready and drive through is backing up coot

Nov 12, 2017, 10:11 PM

get back to work

Nov 12, 2017, 10:22 PM

They have played nobody... They will loose to Wofford on Saturday. Like the Citadel game a two years ago the Carolina Ding Dongs have trouble with the triple option.

I can tell you that actually. I don't know, or care enough,

Nov 12, 2017, 10:27 PM

What the SOS is for the teams ranked ahead of them, but I'd be willing to bet of you compared resumes you'd have your answer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 12, 2017, 10:32 PM

You can name every team that has a worse offense than them on one hand (ranked 115th as of last week). Given their competition, thats downright pathetic. They don’t deserve to even be in the top 30.

Nov 12, 2017, 10:35 PM

They are 88th in ppg and 103rd in ypg.

Nov 13, 2017, 9:26 AM

They are 107th in yards per game, which improved form 115 last week (I’m sure you’ll be happy to know) and they are 92nd in points per game. I have no clue where you are getting your stats. That’s pathetic for the teams they play.

Nov 12, 2017, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks Should Be Ranked in the Top 25 ]

27th in ppg given up and 47th in ypg given up.

Nov 13, 2017, 9:29 AM

They are 60th in yards per game given up. Again, pathetic for the absolutely anemic offenses they play. But hey, keep rooting for them and I’m sure they’ll get better.

Nov 12, 2017, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks Should Be Ranked in the Top 25 ]

36th in total efficiency.

Bless your heart.***

Nov 12, 2017, 10:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It is ok to should on the Gamecocks, but it is not very nice***

Nov 12, 2017, 11:08 PM

Nov 13, 2017, 12:15 AM

Really.....do you not realize the SEC sucks.....who have they beat this year.....nobody with a pulse.....Go Tigers!!!!

Nov 13, 2017, 9:25 AM

If NC St is ranked the ##### should be ahead of them. Same record. State's beat W is against Louisville or BC.

Nov 13, 2017, 12:18 AM

just look at their stats.....DPOTY (AKA/Dumbest post of the year)........Go Tigers!!!!!

Nov 13, 2017, 12:18 AM

Anyone who barely scrapes by LA Tech doesn’t deserve to be ranked

Nov 13, 2017, 6:00 AM

It could be the coots strength of schedule. Out of their 7 wins only NC State IMO can be considered a quality win. And some of their wins were basically handed to them by the other teams.

Maybe the other 7 win teams have actually played somebody and defeated their opponents rather than have the opponents give them the win with sloppy play and turnovers.

In reality SC is probably the worst or second worse SEC team in that conference. Every team that have wins against have losing records with the exception of N.C. State and maybe ULL.

Should they be ranked NO not based on the above plus other articles and research I have done on the coots this year. The SEC East is a dumpster fire yet the coots could only mange 2nd place ahead of teams like Fla. and Tenn two teams that are disasters right now with recently fired HC’s. UGA won the East but had their butts handed to them Saturday by SEC West team Auburn!

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2017, 8:06 AM

They have played no one...

The SEC East is a joke of a division.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

They should be ranked #13

Nov 13, 2017, 8:15 AM

In the FCS (I-AA)

Nov 13, 2017, 8:45 AM

They playin the Least??

Nov 13, 2017, 8:57 AM

The SEC teams they have beaten have a combined record of 6-26.

Mizzou - 2-4
Arkansas - 1-5
Tenn - 0-6
Vandy - 0-6
Florida - 3-5

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Probably that 46th ranked strength of schedule.***

Nov 13, 2017, 9:00 AM

GO TIGERS!!

Jacksonville st lost to GT and USC is ranked number 12.

Nov 13, 2017, 9:27 AM

A clemson fan would know this.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Nov 13, 2017, 9:27 AM

So many people on here are pathetic and straight up haters. They hate on the #####. Heck they hate on our own QB. What is wrong with this post? Why does it have a 14 pulse? Them being ranked is good for us. Adds another quality W. I agree with a lot of it though WVU would beat them IMO. I think SC would beat Iowa and Mich St though. Idk how Iowa beat Ohio St.

Nov 13, 2017, 9:44 AM

Exactly. I know our instinct is to hate SC but the best results for Clemson is for EVERY team we play to be undefeated except a loss to us! I know mathematically that isn't possible since they play each other. But it is in our best interests for teams we play to have the best records possible so that when we beat them it looks better on us. Plus its emotionally devastating to my co-workers who REALLY thought they had a chance against us this year!! :D

Replies: 69
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic