Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gamechicken SEC mantra
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,541

Gamechicken SEC mantra

Jan 13, 2014, 8:44 AM

Living in Eastern NC, thankfully I don't come across many Chicken fans (though I have seen a lot more over the past 5 years than the previous 15). However I came across one Sat who relied on the same old SEC mantra to justify their greatness.

Walking out of the gym following my son's Upward basketball game, a guy walking into the gym put his hand on my shoulder and said "5 in a row". At first I was thinking "who are you and what are you talking about?" but then about the time I realized I had on a Clemson t-shirt, he said "Go Gamecocks". By this time each of us had kept walking so I just responded with "Orange Bowl". Of course he then said "SEC" to which I just shook my head and replied "is that all you've got?"

It didn't dawn on me until later that since FSU won the BCS I could have responded with "ACC", but therein lies the difference in the two programs. USuC fans (and other SEC teams not named Alabama) tout the greatness of their conference to boost themselves up. In a year when it would have been "justified", it never even occured to me to use the ACC in the same way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ask them who shot Kenny.***

Jan 13, 2014, 8:46 AM

null

Message was edited by: cutigersJD®

Re: Ask them who shot Kenny.***

Jan 13, 2014, 8:54 AM
image.jpg(8.9 K)

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They killed Kenny!!

Jan 13, 2014, 9:49 AM

You ########!!

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Awesome JD! POTD!

Jan 13, 2014, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Ask them who shot Kenny.*** ]

NMR

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In my experience....

Jan 13, 2014, 8:52 AM

no other fans of $EC teams come even remotely close to touting conference affiliation like $CU fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

SC is like Canada, they're great because of their connection***

Jan 13, 2014, 8:53 AM

The really funny part is....

Jan 13, 2014, 9:00 AM

most other $EC schools don't like $CU and view them as little more than a red-headed step-child who only got invited to join the league because Texas and FSU both declined.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The really funny part is....

Jan 13, 2014, 9:38 AM

think texas or fsu regret their decision now? didn't we also at one time have a chance to join?

FSU may but I doubt Texas does....

Jan 13, 2014, 9:46 AM

and FSU's only regrets are monetary.

LOL?

Jan 13, 2014, 8:52 AM

Goo juan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Bama fans chanted "SEC" in 2008 at the Kick-off Classic. Of course,

Jan 13, 2014, 8:55 AM

they had sucked up to that point without Saban, so that should have been the tip-off. Chanting SEC is for the sucky coattail-riding teams. It's all they got.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Bama fans chanted "SEC" in 2008 at the Kick-off Classic. Of course,

Jan 13, 2014, 10:53 AM

I watched a video of Georgia's locker room after national champ in 80. They were shouting SEC, SEC. It is a deliberate propaganda campaign stemming many years to condition the populous on conference superiority.

The first Gamecock stranger to put his hand on my shoulder

Jan 13, 2014, 9:59 AM

to make a boast will not be able to make a "6 in a row" sign from that point on.

Do you always carry your...

Jan 13, 2014, 10:39 AM

machete?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes

Jan 13, 2014, 9:23 AM

This man walks a half-step behind me everywhere I go.

Re: Meet CEO John H. Ginzu of Ginzu Knives, Inc.***

Jan 13, 2014, 12:45 PM

Re: I may have been tempted to dislocate his arm at

Jan 13, 2014, 10:55 AM

the elbow, immediately. Very easy to do to an outstretched arm with the inner joint exposed. It's not safe to put a hand on a stranger. EVER. It's a mean thing to do in the situation you described but afterall, it WAS a coot.

At first, I thought this was something I shouldn't repeat...

Jan 13, 2014, 1:05 PM

But over the weekend, my best friend (also a gamecock) needed some help. He's in the Air Force and stationed in Hawaii. He'd rented his condo to a couple and they have fallen 3 months behind in rent, so he's started the eviction process. He asked me to go over to the condo yesterday and change the key combination on his garage and also take a look at the inside and document it's condition, in case the tenants decide to break something after receiving their eviction paperwork. So - I show up and immediately, notice gamecock stuff everywhere. (and no - serious subject, I'm not joking). I was wearing a Columbia jacket with a little Clemson paw and the tenant welcomes me with "Clemson! Haha! - what you think about 5 in a row? hahaha!" as soon as I walked in the condo. I was only in there for maybe 15 minutes and the entire time, he laced everything he said with gamecock/SEC barbs. Toward the end, he mentioned that he was so thankful he was a sc grad, and they'd given him everything he had in life. Then he mentions how I must hate being a Clemson fan. I (for the most part) took the high road and just said, "no - the only thing that sucks is having to come over here on a Sunday and handle this eviction mess for my buddy." It was a subtle jab that I'm sure fell on deaf ears. But seriously - you're 3 months behind on rent, refusing to pay the bills (And it's not because he's fallen on hard times, according to my buddy - he's just refusing to pay), $cr3wing over a friend of mine and forcing me to spend part of my day off dealing with you... and you're going to pepper the whole conversation about how awesome it is to be a gaycock and why you're better than me?

I immediately thought about this site and you guys, and the stereotypical nature of the trashy person I was dealing with - and I decided against posting that story, thinking it was statements made by a bitter person in a tough time. Then this morning, I receive an email from my buddy, saying as soon as I left, the tenant called him and asked why he sent over a "hillbilly Clemson fan" and he'd probably pi$$ed me off with all his football talk. (I guess knowing my friend is also an sc fan, he thought that may score him some points or something - it didn't.) So - that email, coupled with your story about also being accosted by a derelict sc fan changed my mind. I realized it's not a angered/bitter person down on their luck. It's a trashy, ignorant, moron that made statements he's probably always made, and even at his low point, still can't bite his lip and wants to tout how he's somehow better than me - while I'm expediting the process of making him homeless. A typical gamecock. And sorry if this post has an acrid feel, but it's just painful for me to have to deal with the irony of idiots in their home environment.

Re: Gamechicken SEC mantra

Jan 13, 2014, 1:26 PM

I don't understand the bragging to complete strangers thing. If I see someone in any college related attire other than Clemson I just ignore them. Arguing with a random person on the street about which college team they like is completely pointless in my opinion, and I don't know why someone would walk up to anyone and say "5 in a row."

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,541
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic