Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Game plan for the coots?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 2,597

Game plan for the coots?

Nov 16, 2014, 7:07 AM

First, I think some forget Cole is hurt and his injury may affect his throwing and pitching. His INTS may just be bad decisions, I'm not sure. For whatever reason though he cannot execute the pitch to an RB and that was actually a pretty effective play when DW4 was in yesterday. If our QB can't throw or pitch, we have to look at Schuessler.

Don't forget NS looked better than Swag Kelly in the spring game. So he is not terrible.

If NS can run the offense without turnovers, we can at least give our defense a chance to keep it close.

Also, if we can mix it up just enough to open up a run game, we might be able to limit the coots' touches and move the chains. This is where relying on Chad's offense hurts us - we don't do well at all when we slow down, as we have with Cole for the past month, so to have any success we have to go up tempo. If NS is the better option to help us go up tempo, we need to go with him.

So the game plan would be to get back to up tempo offense and limit turnovers. Then pray the D can limit the coots offense.

Those are my ideas. Anyone got other ideas? I just cannot bear the thought of 6 in a row to the coots.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but

Nov 16, 2014, 7:16 AM

the Chad had over a month without DW to develop an offense that is even remotely effective. That did not happen. I don't see it magically happening over the next two weeks.

This is year 4 of his offense. Even with injuries and a thin OL we should be able to throw for more than 65 yards against a team ranked 97th in the nation against the pass.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

"We do what we do."

Nov 16, 2014, 7:41 AM

Translated: we're going to run the offense the only way I know how because I don't know how to do anything else. The reason we have to have a QB who runs is because that's all Morris knows. He's lost without a dual threat QB, it seems. I'm sure Cole's shoulder makes things a lot tougher for Morris, but watching our offense is like watching an animal being tortured. It's hard to stomach. I don't think it matters what our game plan is against the dirtpeckers. We will be out coached, and without a QB that can move the chains by himself, our talent everywhere else won't matter much. I say line up in the I-formation and pound it for 60 minutes with Gallman and Dye. Then maybe we could at least try to play keep away.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you eat meat? I guess you don't mind torturing animals.

Nov 16, 2014, 9:12 AM

How can you compare the offense to animal torture while you're taking a bite out of a cheeseburger.

You lost all credibility as soon as you said that.

Re: Do you eat meat? I guess you don't mind torturing animals.

Nov 16, 2014, 10:17 AM

I certainly do eat meat and like it..there is NO TORTUE of any animals in USDA approved slaughter houses.U need another soapbox!!LMAO

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen!

Nov 16, 2014, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Maybe I'm in the minority here, but ]

Took me a while because I didn't think it was fair to judge Chad with all the injuries but man, we have to face reality.

I have been saying since game one that CS didn't belong in there and outright questioned the staff's ability to evaluate the QBs in the Spring. Heck NS seems to be better than CS. My "rating" plummeted for just mentioning it and sccrkrzy even comes out personally attacking me from nowhere.

But beyond that, you're exactly right. How do we not have anything that can move the football against ANYONE in the ACC without DS injuries or not?

The OP is wondering how we score or win the game against the Chickens with our pathetic, anemic offense. Deep down we all know that Chad has not figured this thing out all year with a Watsonless team. Heck, he could even see how bad CS was in the Spring.

Yeah, I am off the Chad fan club. I think he needs to go if this continues. I really do.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe I'm in the minority here, but

Nov 16, 2014, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Maybe I'm in the minority here, but ]

I sure do have to agree with U on EVERY POINT!! I simply can not find a reason that Chad has not made SOME ADJUSTMENTS!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Game plan for the coots?

Nov 16, 2014, 7:16 AM

I am not a coach, and didn't even play one on TV. I have, however, watched a lot of football in my life. It was obvious to me that Cole plays much better in the hurry-up offense. When the offense went into the "quick snap, quick throw" rhythm, his accuracy improved. When Chad slows things down, it must give Cole too much time to think, or maybe too many options.

After yesterday's performance, he would have to start this week as the backup behind NS, but the Saturday after Thanksgiving is fast approaching. The coaches need to quickly come up with an answer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. And he looked decent against UGA for one half.

Nov 16, 2014, 7:27 AM

Decent, not great. DW4 is great. That's plain to see, but he can't stay healthy.

So I would be OK with starting Cole IF we had any kind of game plan to use him effectively, but we haven't seen one for a month.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get down by 14....

Nov 16, 2014, 7:28 AM

Take it from there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that would require athletes who can play the game.

Nov 16, 2014, 7:30 AM

Dabo kicked them off the team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I don't buy that argument.

Nov 16, 2014, 7:34 AM

This team is not lacking athletes or talent. It's lacking an offensive identity. I feel like Chad doesn't really know what he wants to do out there from one series to the next. And that is quite alarming given this is year four of his system.

Message was edited by: SpillerHighLife®

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: I don't buy that argument.

Nov 16, 2014, 8:37 AM

At this point Morris has be a wash. Plenty of offensive coordinators that make $500-$800k s year that have better game plans than him. He can't make any adjustments!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't buy that argument.

Nov 16, 2014, 8:38 AM

Been**

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BINGO- no in game adjustments at all. That's what he gets

Nov 16, 2014, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't buy that argument. ]

Paid for.

Re: Get down by 14....

Nov 16, 2014, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Get down by 14.... ]

Don't care who you are.... That's funny.

Nov 16, 2014, 7:57 AM

prayer? :-/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defense will have to win the game!

Nov 16, 2014, 8:51 AM

That includes scoring points. They are best chance for getting points on the board or getting the field goal team in position.

How sad is it when we are more confident in our D scoring..

Nov 16, 2014, 8:56 AM

then our high-powered Chad Morris offense. =(

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How sad is it when we are more confident in our D scoring..

Nov 16, 2014, 9:05 AM

If Cole is hurt he shouldn't play or at least start. NS is at least more mobile than Cole and has a strong arm or at least at Grayson he did. Let NS play and hope that he can find success running that leads to passes similar to what UT did with Dobbs. This DL is trash and surely to God our OL can hope them in check. NS gonna have to make a few plays for us to win because FGs will not beat scar. To hell with a game manager. NS should run the offense and plays as if DW4 is playing and not limit the playbook. I'd rather lose with the playbook open then lose with 3 or 4 easily diagnosed plays. If Thompson can beat us in DV 2 years ago with our ###### defense. I see no reason why NS can't win as well with their ###### defense.

Re: How sad is it when we are more confident in our D scoring..

Nov 16, 2014, 9:34 AM

Thompson had 3 previous starts under his belt. I agree to use DS. He should be able to run some. But, with ourcOL and below average RB's they can play one on one with our Wrs and bring the heat to our QB. IMO the game is in the hands of our d. Shorten the field and eek out a win with a couple turnovers and a drive or two.

There is no such thing as a "high powered chad morris

Nov 16, 2014, 9:22 AM [ in reply to How sad is it when we are more confident in our D scoring.. ]

offense"

There's something in these hills.

Nov 16, 2014, 8:53 AM

Hide all of the OBS liquor and replace his centrum silver and Metamucil with a placebo

Replies: 22
| visibility 2,597
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic