Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No Gain?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,641

No Gain?

Sep 4, 2017, 10:29 AM

I won't say there is nothing to gain from playing a game against opponents like Kent State, or SCST, or Citadel, but there is not much to gain. If you win, oh well, you were supposed to. If you don't blow them out, Oh well, you must not be very good after all. If you lose, and ask usuc about that in with their Citadel, et. al., fiascos over the years, then you really look awful. The good news is that everybody got PT, but they gain more skill playing against the caliber talent they practice against every day. I reiterate, not much to gain, especially when the opponent doesn't even try and make a good effort.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No Gain?

Sep 4, 2017, 10:34 AM

still nothing like playing in front of 80000 people. Subs got valuable game experience. Will pay off in the long run.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No Gain?

Sep 5, 2017, 11:18 AM

Good point that all players got to see the field. Also fun to get to hit somebody other than your own guys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kent State ain't SC State or the Citadel

Sep 4, 2017, 10:36 AM

Kent State is an FBS school playing in the MAC with Northern Illinois and Western Michigan (who played in a NY6 bowl game last year). Back when they had standards for Bowl eligibility, that's a huge distinction over playing an FCS school like SC State or the Citadel.

However, Kent State isn't a very good program.

p.s. Alabama and Penn State both played Kent State last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Kent State ain't SC State or the Citadel

Sep 5, 2017, 11:21 AM

Kent State played at about the same level as SCSU or Citadel. I didn't say they were in their same division.

Obviously There is Something To Gain As Every Major Program

Sep 4, 2017, 10:39 AM

Schedules at Least One of These Games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obviously There is Something To Gain As Every Major Program

Sep 5, 2017, 11:28 AM

Everybody tries to pad their wins. It helps the players get experience, and it helps the coaches records. A win always is good, and it's great that all the guys get to play. They do deserve that. There is a pony buried under the pile of crap. Also, I really enjoy watching us putting a good butt whipping on somebody. It doesn't help our prestige, though, nor does it help Alabama's nor most any other D1 Power 5 school's SOS. JMO, and I respect that others do it, too. The PT for the guys is the big positive.

It was a glorified scrimmage, no doubt. But it did a lot

Sep 4, 2017, 10:40 AM

in prep for next week, just in getting the game flow and logistics ironed out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Game Film

Sep 4, 2017, 11:08 AM

Almost everyone has film that can be coached from this week. You gain a ton when everyone has a chance to get better

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,641
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic