Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Game 2 vs Yardbirds @ Fluor Field...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Game 2 vs Yardbirds @ Fluor Field...

Mar 4, 2017, 9:15 AM

Tigers need to tighten up today and get this W. We thought last night was tough...Its going to be harder with Crowe on the mound tonight. Hopefully Lee its back to small ball mentality vs this tough pitching we are going to be facing. We need to get out to an early lead and give Krall some room to work with...and for the love of God make the routine plays! What do yall think?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Game 2 vs Yardbirds @ Fluor Field...

Mar 4, 2017, 9:32 AM

Leaving all the runners on is an afterthought.........the errors is what cost us the game. I don't look for multiple reasons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Mar 4, 2017, 9:37 AM

Couldn't agree more...

Gotta make the routine plays and when you don't it comes back to bite you in the butt big time like last night. Hate that Barnes went 7 and gave up 2 unearned runs. Got to take advantage of this great pitching we have been getting.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

i think if Clemson needs to score more runs than Scar ..***

Mar 4, 2017, 9:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Mar 4, 2017, 9:45 AM

We have got to string some hits together. That's something we haven't been able to do all year. We get a leadoff single, then nothing else. We get a one out walk, then nothing else. We have to put some good at bats together. And for the love of god can someone go yard? Power is non existent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2017, 10:04 AM

I think that's been the most frustrating part so far this season is the lack of power. Around this time last year Oakey, Wilson, Beer, and Pinder were dropping BOMBS. I've noticed our lack of ability to get extra base hits...

Timely hitting....

Mar 4, 2017, 10:49 AM

This team absolutely has to start hitting with runners on base.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Mar 4, 2017, 11:01 AM

One thing I have noticed is our lack of "protecting the plate". Too many pitches being allowed to go "right down the middle", even if on a first pitch, untouched, then later getting behind and swinging at far inferior pitches. Also, too many times a batter just stands at the plate when a called third strike comes over. Cannot always wait for a fast ball guys. Protect the plate with two strikes!

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2017, 11:49 AM

Agree. It seems like they're coached to not even swing at curve balls. I've seen so many curve balls thrown with huge hit me signs on them go right over the middle of the plate that are taken. Some of them for a third strike.

I know Monte is big on waiting until you get your one specific pitch, but teams are making us look silly with off speed pitches. Either we are just not swinging at them, swinging and missing them, or popping them up/weak grounders. I noticed this last year also, but we had hitters that could take advantage of their pitch when they got it. When hitters get their pitch this year, it seems like they always foul it off. Luckily it's still early and we have time to grow, but that light has to come on soon.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic