Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dan Scott: Clemson - Ga. Tech Prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Oct 20, 2006, 2:06 PM

Through seven games the Tigers are 6-1 and ranked No. 12 in the country. Picking games, I'm 5-2 and, while ranked nowhere near that high, my stats this season are infinitely better than they have been the past two years. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand how Dan Scott gives a slim edge...

Oct 20, 2006, 2:08 PM

to both teams, then counts them as even on special teams and coaching, then says Clemson beats GA Tech by 11?

Home field, leadership***

Oct 20, 2006, 2:12 PM

don't understand how anybody can give us an edge in....

Oct 20, 2006, 2:13 PM [ in reply to I don't understand how Dan Scott gives a slim edge... ]

special teams until we prove them wrong; one reason GT is worse than us statistically is we've squibbed so many kicks... limiting returns to 5 or 10 yards... and we've also got placekicking issues (as does GT)... but GT's punter is averaging over 43 a kick I think

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GTs net punting is 39.5 to our 37.0.

Oct 20, 2006, 2:16 PM

Their opponents average starting on the 30 after a kick-off. The Tigers opponents average starting at the 31.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

interesting...

Oct 20, 2006, 2:20 PM

thanks....

Re: don't understand how anybody can give us an edge in....

Oct 20, 2006, 4:16 PM [ in reply to don't understand how anybody can give us an edge in.... ]

We have not kick many lately, cannot compare averages to much!

Two words ... Death Valley***

Oct 20, 2006, 2:13 PM [ in reply to I don't understand how Dan Scott gives a slim edge... ]

GT, 3-1 in the last 4 visits.***

Oct 20, 2006, 2:17 PM

GT hasn't played in front of a tough road crowd this year...

Oct 20, 2006, 2:32 PM

To their credit, the VT crowd was a non-factor 1/2 through the first quarter. I think GT could easily get rattled.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson by 17!!!***

Oct 20, 2006, 3:04 PM

If you aren't standing behind our troops overseas, how about standing in front of them?!

Re: Dan Scott: Clemson - Ga. Tech Prediction

Oct 20, 2006, 6:19 PM

Come on Dan...Get your head out of the clouds and come back to reality. Basing your decision on skewed stats and athletic ability is wrong, wrong, wrong. Take away Clemson's punching bag games (La Tech, Temple, FL Atl, & yes, NC) you will notice that the "true" stats are basically on par with everyone else in their conference. What you are forgetting are the intangibles and mental preparation. This is why I believe, past games have been so close. Almost every year, Clemson has always had an advantage with better athletes but Tech has always countered this with a logical gameplan. Yes, Tech usually wins the game because they "outsmart" the Tigers. Trying to fill an athlete's head with more than they can handle will usually lead to mistakes and blown coverages. This is what Tech will do tomorrow. This year Maryland almost did it to us but you must consider where their coach came from. I really don't care who wins but I am hoping for a good, clean, game that will put the ACC's best foot forward to a national audience. Don't be too shocked or dismayed if Clemson comes out on the short end of the stick on this one.

You cant come here and talk how the Tigers are gonna lose

Oct 20, 2006, 6:59 PM

and not expect retaliation. Two words I am gonna give you that will be GT demise, REGGIE BALL the interception king, he will blow this game for GT and not to mention that James Davis and this little guy they call CJ Spiller are gonna attack this so called amazing run defense GT has sit back and watch big dog and remember this post, I gonna go ahead and say it CLEMSON TIGERS will beat GT 27-14 or 27-10

Re: You cant come here and talk how the Tigers are gonna los

Oct 20, 2006, 9:12 PM

Really, I didn't know that this was a private forum. In any case, don't get me wrong, I like and follow Clemson Football since they are a bona fide member of the ACC except for one game a year (maybe two this year if things go well for both teams). I sure would like to know how you came up with your picks and I would guess from your grammer that you're a student.

that would be grammAr, Einstein.........***

Oct 20, 2006, 9:19 PM

Re: that would be grammAr, Einstein.........***

Oct 20, 2006, 9:26 PM

Thanks...guess that spell check button is there for a reason.

"Logical gameplan"...LOL.

Oct 20, 2006, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Dan Scott: Clemson - Ga. Tech Prediction ]

"Run around and throw it to Calvin Johnson"...I'll give you this, at least it's logical. I would not, however, call it a "plan".

Here's to an injury free contest...and here's to y'all getting your a$$es handed to you on the field. :)

Re: "Logical gameplan"...LOL.

Oct 20, 2006, 8:54 PM

I apologize in that I may have mislead you to the pertinent points that I was trying to convey. Hopefully Tech's "logical" gameplan will not be as simplistic as you have indicated.

[It's ok to put your head back in the sand now...]

No apology necessary.

Oct 20, 2006, 9:13 PM

I simply pointed out that your "mental preparation" boiled down to a single philosophy.

Enjoy your evening.

forced into 'logical game plan' when using academically

Oct 20, 2006, 9:18 PM [ in reply to "Logical gameplan"...LOL. ]

ineligible players

Oct 20, 2006, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Dan Scott: Clemson - Ga. Tech Prediction ]

28-25 Tigers...reinactment of the Nealon Greene and Raymond Priester game of 95 or 96.

Oct 22, 2006, 6:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Dan Scott: Clemson - Ga. Tech Prediction ]

You were right atom, Clemson was really outsmarted by that Tech gameplan. :P

Re: Dan Scott: Clemson - Ga. Tech Prediction***

Oct 20, 2006, 7:12 PM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic