Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Tyshon Dye to play against Georgia?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: Tyshon Dye to play against Georgia?

Feb 13, 2013, 10:17 PM

Tyshon Dye to play against Georgia?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Triple Option

Feb 13, 2013, 10:24 PM

Any other recent Clemson RB cone out if that HD system?

He won't play

Feb 13, 2013, 10:45 PM

if he can't protect Tajh Boyd.

We'll see how he does in pass protection and holding onto the ball. I hope he excels. Looks like he could be very good.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: He won't play

Feb 13, 2013, 11:17 PM

Well one of the true freshmen RBs are going to play. We don't really have a choice. Howard and Brooks haven't really shown much to this point in their careers. McDowell is ok, but do you honestly think he is the game changing player that we have to have at that position. I don't.

Any of the three returning guys could start...

Feb 13, 2013, 11:21 PM

.....and will be in running for all acc honors.

His HS coach needs to tone it down a bit.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Any of the three returning guys could start...

Feb 13, 2013, 11:26 PM

Say WUT? Any of the 3 returning guys can compete for All ACC? That is a crazy optimistic prognostication. I think those 3 are serviceable, but not all ACC talents. Dye is a top talent who has all ACC potential.

McDowell is aight, Howard has shown nothing, Brooks has shown nothing. I honestly don't see how it is wrong for his high school coach to think he is going to get PT. Heck I think he will get PT from the very beginning just due to our lack of top end quality at that position.

Brooks was only a Freshman last season and only played...

Feb 14, 2013, 12:14 AM

up in mop up duty, that's completely different than Howard who had one good game against a very bad Auburn defense in the 2011 season and hasn't taken advantage of the opportunities he has had since then. But you're right, I expect to see both Gallman and Dye play next season. Only way one of them would be redshirted, is if Zac Brooks turns out to be good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ease up champ, none have had a shot aside from HotRod

Feb 14, 2013, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Any of the three returning guys could start... ]

Howard is good, could be great. Brooks was Mr. Arkansas and highly recruited. Look at the carries from last year, they weren't given an opportunity as Ellington & Hot Rod got most the attention.

Give them a chance, they're all good. Obviously starting is a sale tactic to sign any recruit.

I personally think Howard may be one of the best backs we've had in a while when it's all said and done.

What have you seen from Howard to make you think he...

Feb 14, 2013, 12:23 AM

will be one of the best backs we have had? The "in a while part" is very inaccurate as we have had two great rb's recently in Spiller and Ellington.

Remember to start the season Howard was the 2nd string running back, Hot Rod was 3rd. Hot Rod stepped his play up and earned the 2nd string job. Not saying Howard can't step up. It's just outside of the Auburn game in 2011, he hasn't done that much when he has been in the game.

Re: Ease up champ, none have had a shot aside from HotRod

Feb 14, 2013, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Ease up champ, none have had a shot aside from HotRod ]

I like Howard's vision and how he runs downhill, but that man runs waaaay too high. If he can get that pad-level down, and HOLD ON TO THE #### BALL, he's got great potential. Otherwise.... next man up! We'll see how it all shakes out

Re: Any of the three returning guys could start...

Feb 13, 2013, 11:48 PM [ in reply to Any of the three returning guys could start... ]

Are you serious?

Feb 13, 2013, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Re: He won't play ]

I agree. Brooks is still at his HS weight. Apparently,
doesn't know his way to the weight room. He's a non-factor McDowell is okay, but but by no means is any kind of game breaker. Gallman?? And, Dye is still coming off a major injury. Bad situation at RB.

COdoooooooshOT!

Feb 14, 2013, 7:14 AM

BWAAAAAAAK-bwak-bwak-bwak!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

At least they don't have Lattimore knees***

Feb 14, 2013, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: He won't play ]

look at hot rod's yards/carry avg. he has above avg. speed

Mar 16, 2013, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: He won't play ]

and his vision is good. the ONLY knock on him was his pass pro, and he has done a great job of improving on that. our rb's will be as productive (maybe more so due to o-line improvement) as the last few years. the chad has wanted a bigger back since he arrived, and in dye, he's got a potentiall very good one, coming in at 205 (and that will increase before the start of the season) with 4.4 speed will get him the pt.,if he has any sort of blocking skills.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2013, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: He won't play ]

Danny, go work on your singing, Take me out to the ball game.

Feb 14, 2013, 7:02 AM [ in reply to Re: He won't play ]

> Well one of the true freshmen RBs are going to play.
> We don't really have a choice. Howard and Brooks
> haven't really shown much to this point in their
> careers. McDowell is ok, but do you honestly think
> he is the game changing player that we have to have
> at that position. I don't.

I beg to differ re DJ. He was a beast against Allbarn and played well in limited carries after that until he got banged up. If healthy, DJ is a more than capable back. As for Brooks, he has plenty of talent, he just needed to get bigger and stronger. Too bad he couldn't be red shirted last season. I expect him to be close to a grown man this fall and ready to really help out.

If Tyshon is so dang ready to play that we simply can't afford to keep him off the field, great. I'm not gonna sell DJ and Zac short, though. They're both ready to contribute.

Oh, and re Hot Rod, he's going to be our best RB, period. He's paid his dues and ready to have a great year.

Message was edited by: David78®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do

Feb 14, 2013, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: He won't play ]

McDowell is a big time home run threat....look at some of the runs he had in the limited carries he got....I think he will be great next year

And of course Brooks hasn't shown you much at this point...he hardly touched the ball last year!

You have to have faith in out personnel...just because they haven't seen the field doesn't mean they're not capable of greatness

DId anyone ever say that about James Davis.

Feb 14, 2013, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: He won't play ]

If I remember correctly he was one of the main reasons we beat Texas A&M (besides Jad deans Fgs). We ran the ball at the end of the game like 7 or 8 times with him in a row. I'm not saying Dye is Davis but I'm not saying he isn't either.

Feb 13, 2013, 11:40 PM [ in reply to He won't play ]

We have a bad history of playing guys before they've really overcome injuries. I'm afraid we'll make the same stupid mistake with this guy.

Cannon, you've gotta be a Coot or the biggest Debbie Downer

Feb 14, 2013, 12:17 AM

Ive ever seen on Tnet...

Feb 13, 2013, 10:48 PM

If hes smart he will and can be coachable.

McDowell

Feb 13, 2013, 11:15 PM

I honestly think Hot rod gets the start. But I think everyone is forgetting about DJ Howard. He's a very good back as well.

Re: McDowell

Feb 13, 2013, 11:29 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Brooks used as a WR/ hybrid back. I don't think he is big enough to run between the tackles.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is 195 pounds thats enough size to play running back...

Feb 14, 2013, 12:15 AM

after all Ellington started the past two seasons at 195.

On Clemson's roster, he's listed as 185

Feb 14, 2013, 7:27 AM

Not only that, he's 6' 1"

Not 5' 10" like Ellington...two different centers of gravity makes a big difference. These two are not comparable, at least not yet...

Re: McDowell

Feb 13, 2013, 11:50 PM [ in reply to McDowell ]

Howard a great back? Based on what??

Running back stable

Feb 13, 2013, 11:40 PM

I think McDowell is a pretty good back, really coming into his own. He had some great runs last season, great quickness and surprisingly tough. It's hard for me to say much about Brooks as we rarely saw him (which is understandable for a freshman). Howard is serviceable, but not overly impressive.

I really like Tyshon Dye. He is a big back with great power and speed. I think he will be a great complement to McDowell. I also think Gallman will be very good, but he may need an off season in the weight room, not sure if he will be an impact player from day 1.

Either way I think our running back stable is looking pretty good, and if we can hold on to our 2014 backs, Clemson will be running the ball very well for years to come.

Re: Running back stable

Feb 13, 2013, 11:52 PM

But not this season.

Coot strikes again...***

Feb 14, 2013, 12:19 AM

Now scurry back over to FGF and tell them how you told us!!***

Feb 14, 2013, 7:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Running back stable ]

^^^good assessment^^^***

Feb 14, 2013, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Running back stable ]

DJ Howard

Feb 14, 2013, 12:34 AM

DJ Howard averaged 5.6 YPC as a freshman and had some really good plays. He's probably in a sophomore slump. He'll probably work hard and develop into a top notch player. I do still wish we had Bellamy though (if he wasn't acting up).

Re: DJ Howard

Feb 14, 2013, 7:12 AM

He got banged up. Shoulder, IIRC. Was very limited later in the season due to injury.

GTFO COOT your not welcome here and the RB situation..

Feb 14, 2013, 5:25 AM

You guys crack me up. First of all Hot rod is a beast hands down he was just in Andre's shadow for most of his career. He will be the starter and will successfully run for over a 1000 next season. I agree howard is slacking and should have went to bama and played LB like they wanted him too. The guy who said brooks hasn't put on weight your blind. Dude has gained 15 pounds of muscle and mark my word will contribute this year. Lastly, Tyshon dye will get a few carries from recruitment but will be a non factor this year. Might play some ST to get used to the game speed. Ty and FU cannon you cheap dirty coot run back to your crappy #### board.

Running Backs

Feb 14, 2013, 10:07 AM

It will all come down to spring and summer workouts and who wants it most. The freshmen will have to learn to pass block and learn the playbook or we will have the same problems on the field as Bellamy. Plus they have to go to class and stay off weed.

Re: Running Backs

Feb 14, 2013, 1:59 PM

whoa! slow down! go to class, yes! stay off the weed?!?! relax it's college! ;)

"If you're going to give me 110 percent, you can rub that rock. If you're not, keep your filthy hands off it."

Brooks...

Feb 14, 2013, 11:25 AM

Brooks hasn't learned the system completely. And he will only be a sophomore next year. From what I saw last spring and from going to a few practices in the fall I think Zac is going to be a very good player. Give him a chance...

Tradition

Dec 16, 2014, 3:35 PM

I don't know if it's still tradition, but doesn't the first carry always go to a Freshman? I t did with Bellamy, Spiller, Davis. I know that.

Re: Tradition

Feb 15, 2013, 6:23 AM

Are you sure he got the first carry against Troy 2 years ago?

Re: Tradition

Feb 15, 2013, 6:43 AM

No, he didn't. Jamie Harper was the last freshman to get the first carry. It was against 'Bama and he coughed it up.

Bellamy touched the ball first for Clemson in 2011

Mar 16, 2013, 7:45 AM

It wasn't a rush, though. He returned the kickoff for 39 yards. Then, on his first rush (in the third quarter, well after ellington) he rushed for a 75 yard touchdown (and dropped the ball almost AT the goal line).

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic