Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Battle to Enter Supplemental Draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

New Story: Battle to Enter Supplemental Draft

Jun 25, 2015, 10:11 AM

Battle to Enter Supplemental Draft

Senior offensive tackle Isaiah Battle will enter the NFL Supplemental Draft. Head Coach Dabo Swinney made the announcement on Thursday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

once a tiger, alway a tiger...***

Jun 25, 2015, 10:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He couldn't have stayed for a year....

Jun 25, 2015, 10:49 AM

with a kid and then gone possibly first or second round in the draft next year? He let the team down imo. Huge loss.

maybe he cood have, but he did knot. good luck to him.***

Jun 25, 2015, 10:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

trew.***

Jun 25, 2015, 10:51 AM

nm

Priorities....***

Jun 25, 2015, 10:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GOD, Family, Clemson!***

Jun 25, 2015, 6:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a feeling there is more to this story

Jun 25, 2015, 10:16 AM

Oh well, good luck Battle.

Re: I have a feeling there is more to this story

Jun 25, 2015, 10:21 AM

Agreed. If it was all about the child being due this summer, well he should have known about that late last year and would have been better off entering the draft.

With that said, best of luck to him! I look forward to watching him in the pros.

Yep sounds like a resign or be fired deal

Jun 25, 2015, 10:23 AM

Re: Yep sounds like a resign or be fired deal

Jun 25, 2015, 10:24 AM

So you think he got the CTB treatment?

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

He does not do this if he could play at Clemson.***

Jun 25, 2015, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Yep sounds like a resign or be fired deal ]

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: He does not do this if he could play at Clemson.***

Jun 25, 2015, 10:26 AM

Maybe Hyatt is killing it in the workouts and he knew his draft stock would suffer when Hyatt passed him. I'm just pumping Sunshine here but I want to believe it.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2015, 10:38 AM [ in reply to He does not do this if he could play at Clemson.*** ]

I agree. I think there were several factors leading to this including pressure from Hyatt. His good technique and hands are more important than his lack of strength at this point. We know Hyatt will have some growing pains, and Wofford and App St. will help counter those, but my only question is who will step in to provide depth?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Battle is not ready for the NFL

Jun 25, 2015, 10:56 AM [ in reply to He does not do this if he could play at Clemson.*** ]

He needed another year of Development. He only started 16 games. He will be a Practice Squad player AT BEST this coming season!

Jun 25, 2015, 10:59 AM [ in reply to He does not do this if he could play at Clemson.*** ]

Maybe he's worried about playing time Hyatt is a BEAST!!

Jun 25, 2015, 11:37 AM

Agreed. He may have been afraid he'd lose the starting job and lose his luster completely. I wish him the best. I still think we are fine. We have a number of very capable reserves, but they lack experience. That is huge.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2015, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: He does not do this if he could play at Clemson.*** ]

Agreed. He may have been afraid he'd lose the starting job and lose his luster completely. I wish him the best. I still think we are fine. We have a number of very capable reserves, but they lack experience. That is huge.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry for double post.

Jun 25, 2015, 11:39 AM

Darned text!

Could be a grades deal in his summer courses and he

Jun 25, 2015, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Yep sounds like a resign or be fired deal ]

wasn't going to be qualified for the fall semester.

That would be my guess

Jun 25, 2015, 10:28 AM

Probability factor rising but at this point,... moot.***

Jun 25, 2015, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Could be a grades deal in his summer courses and he ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2015, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: I have a feeling there is more to this story ]

could be he didn't know he had a baby momma that was expecting - that does happen every now and then

more likely something more to the story.

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Re: I have a feeling...

Jun 25, 2015, 10:35 AM [ in reply to I have a feeling there is more to this story ]

it doesn't matter one way or the other. He's gone on to life after college. For his sake I hope he returns to graduate someday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2015, 10:45 AM [ in reply to I have a feeling there is more to this story ]

Oh for sure. But people will get defensive and say don't assume when it's just common sense.

Best of luck ! Take good care of that child !***

Jun 25, 2015, 10:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Enter . . .

Jun 25, 2015, 10:20 AM

Mitch Hyatt

Or move Gore over to left tackle and let Hyatt and

Jun 25, 2015, 10:30 AM

Fruhmorgen man the right side with Hyatt backing up Gore at left tackle. Hyatt may be technically sound, but he doesn't look like he has the necessary strength yet.

Re: Or move Gore over to left tackle and let Hyatt and

Jun 25, 2015, 10:32 AM

You mean, he can get longer?

Gore is not moving to LT. Hyatt is better than him.***

Jun 25, 2015, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Or move Gore over to left tackle and let Hyatt and ]

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Aaand this is what I was kind of thinking

Jun 25, 2015, 10:36 AM

He didn't do anything wrong, he just didn't want to play college football anymore.

Really, really hurts our team though.

Re: Aaand this is what I was kind of thinking

Jun 25, 2015, 10:45 AM

With Guillermo's return to the team, Maybe Norton can move back to guard and MacLain can play OT. Hopefully Falcineli, Hearn and Morris grow up in a hurry and provide depth. Nonetheless, we have to move on and I think we have some pieces there that can help. Keeping Hyatt, Norton, Guillermo, Crowder, Gore, Fruh, and MacLain healthy will be huge though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aaand this is what I was kind of thinking

Jun 25, 2015, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Aaand this is what I was kind of thinking ]

Very good summary. This is what my gut is feeling as well.

A college degree would help the kid more than anything

Jun 25, 2015, 10:55 AM

Even if you do get rich in the NFL

Re: New Story: Battle to Enter Supplemental Draft

Jun 25, 2015, 11:18 AM

Battle never reached his full potential. From the outside looking in, this looks like a big mistake. I hope things turn out ok for him and his family, but this is a huge loss for the team. Hyatt might turn out to be the most talented OT Clemson has ever seen, but I'd like to have Battle starting in the fall. I really hate these summer months. Best of luck to you, Isaiah.

Attention Baby Mama

Jun 25, 2015, 11:20 AM

You would get more money if he stayed and was a first round pick next year...

Re: Attention Baby Mama

Jun 25, 2015, 11:34 AM

exactly.

If they had foresight like that they'd have avoided the

Jun 25, 2015, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Attention Baby Mama ]

whole problem.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wear a condom next time***

Jun 25, 2015, 11:24 AM

nm

How many football players have had kids while at Clemson?

Jun 25, 2015, 11:40 AM

CJ Spiller had a little girl before he even stepped on campus. Martavius Bryant had 2 kids i believe while at Clemson. There are many more players that i can't think of so obviously there is something else that is making him leave Clemson. I don't know what it is but i wish nothing but the best for him. Really hurts our team though, fingers crossed our OL don't get the injury bug like last year

martavis left early, cj had one foot out the door to return

Jun 25, 2015, 11:48 AM

to florida.

there may be something else, but not every situation or person is the same.

Re: martavis left early, cj had one foot out the door to return

Jun 25, 2015, 11:57 AM

Good luck to him. He will need it.
Next Man Up !!

J Kearse has baby due any day now***

Jun 25, 2015, 3:05 PM [ in reply to How many football players have had kids while at Clemson? ]

Re: J Kearse has baby due any day now***

Jun 25, 2015, 3:07 PM

guessing javon hasnt been arrested to possession of pot. just a guess.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: J Kearse has baby due any day now***

Jun 25, 2015, 6:44 PM

Didn't know javon was playing @ clemson......

Jun 25, 2015, 11:58 AM

This just seems like a band-aid fix. If it's truly about the child, then OK, I can see why he needs the money. However, what does this supplemental draft thing guarantee? He couldn't make it work for an additional 9 months, increase his draft stock, then go on to make real money? Wouldn't that be "easier"? Dabo couldn't help him figure out a better plan?

On the other hand, if he was scared a freshman was going to take his spot, then how will he win the job in the NFL?

Or perhaps his grades were slipping and was embarrassed to admit it.

Or something else really dumb happened and he doesn't want that to surface.

It could be anything. At any rate, good luck to him.

Jun 25, 2015, 2:12 PM

Dang! Was looking like he was gonna be one of the key members of this years O-line, especially with all the young O-lineman and him being a senior...Hope things go well in the NFL:)

Jun 25, 2015, 2:29 PM

Battle got caught with weed 2 wks ago...Dabo prob told him to enter the supplemental draft b/c he was gonna get the boot from team and he has a baby on the way.
Classic summertime senior shenanigans....I think we need a summertime "big brother" for these kids.

Jun 25, 2015, 3:43 PM

I think it's smart for Battle to go honestly, he was quoted saying, “I have some family matters to address, with a child due this summer, and I feel it is in my best interest to enter the NFL Supplemental Draft”. He's good enough and wouldn't want to do another year and risk injury.

The article I found on it was http://www.campussports.net/clemson-tackle-isaiah-battle-to-enter-nfl-supplemental-draft/

Jun 25, 2015, 4:51 PM

I think it has been 3 or 4 years since ANY player has been taken in the supplemental draft. If a team takes a player in the supplemental then they lose the corresponding pick next April for the same round.

The supplemental is a crap shot at best for the team and the player. Each team has to submit a bid for the player and which round they want to take him. Best offer / highest round offered wins the player.

I would be shocked if he is not an unrestricted free agent come next month. No one will take him, they value those draft picks way too much.

Denver or Atlanta will take him.

Jun 25, 2015, 4:52 PM

Denver lost their franchise LT a few weeks ago.

Re: Denver or Atlanta will take him.

Jun 25, 2015, 4:58 PM

You might be right, someone could take a late flyer on him.

He was probably a 2nd to 3rd round talent coming back for his Sr season, subtract 2 rounds or so for behavior issues and maybe a team will submit a 5th round or so bid.

Three strikes, you're out?

Jun 25, 2015, 5:34 PM

According to this article, he was more or less asked to leave.

http://theclemsoninsider.com/2015/06/25/battle-was-caught-with-simple-possession-of-marijuana/

Re: Three strikes, you're out?

Jun 25, 2015, 5:57 PM

Yuppers!...I posted that earlier. Everybody is just posting all the same stuff with out knowledge of this. Good work brother.

Re: Three strikes, you're out?

Jun 25, 2015, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Three strikes, you're out? ]

This is the case. Caught speeding with no insurance and the. An oz of weed. Sounds like it was either a leave or be asked to leave situation.
Don't know why the team has blown up the past few days.
Anyway looking forward to Mitch!

So this was the rumor about IB?

Jun 25, 2015, 6:37 PM

Ok.....

Didn't Chris Hairston have a child while at Clemson?

Jun 25, 2015, 6:41 PM

Just saying?....

Big loss for us. Love his attitude.

Jun 25, 2015, 7:17 PM

Like #2 on defense, he does not take any crap. We need more like him.

Best of luck dude.

Note to the rest of the team - wrap that rascal. Please.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big loss for us. Love his attitude.

Jun 25, 2015, 7:17 PM

Like #2 on defense, he does not take any crap. We need more like him.

Best of luck dude.

Note to the rest of the team - wrap that rascal. Please.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

another bad apple fell from the tree. . .

Jun 25, 2015, 10:04 PM

the tree looks better every day.

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic