Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GAME REPORT: Made it back to Dallas at 3AM after game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

GAME REPORT: Made it back to Dallas at 3AM after game

Sep 9, 2018, 4:59 PM

Here are my thoughts in no particular order:

1) At the 1/2 yard line and A&M with no timeouts, if you are going for it just go line up and smash it in. A&M had wrong personnel set and without a timeout or Clemson subbing it's an good 7. Other than that take the FG.

2) Front 4 of Clemson were blowing out A&M's line. A&Ms QB having a horseshoe up his keester and our secondary being clueless kept A&M in it.

3) A&M faithful are just that they did not ever give up. Had Clemson got up 18 or 22 they likely would have settled down a bit

4) Clemson turnout was HUGE, though spread out to 5 different areas, there were some distinct blocks of Orange. Of the official attendance of like 104K I would put the Tiger fans at at least 10K and maybe 12-13K

5) A&M fans to a man and a woman were overly and genuinely polite. Any Aggie you made eye contact with, except this one old retired Vietnam Colonel who was just innately grumpy, greeted you with a Howdy and from the heart thanked you for visiting.

6) In accordance with previous point, I was given sheetons of cooked meats. Mostly Sausage and Burgers but tasty.

7) Reciprocally, the A&M fans were complimentary of the Clemson fans and those who had been to Clemson felt truly obliged to return the courtesy.

8) The Corps of Cadet form and march in behind the band was a sight to see. The 1/2 time band performance made 20 minutes fly by. Truly I could have watched their band for hours.

9) Noise from crowd was strong when it needed to be. The Aggie war hymn swaying thing truly caused the upper deck to sway at least 4-5 inches, kindy scary.

10) Traffic in no problem, traffic out ugly until you were 2-3 miles out

11) Parents of the Corps of Cadet students were very proud of their children, you genuinely felt their love and sense of accomplishment

12) Living here in Texas, the Aggies have to my edification been mistakenly labeled "cultish" I would more moniker it as genuine and heart on the sleeve that spooks this social medial world of cynicism.

13) I will go back to an Aggie game and be a surrogate fan. I think if they play like they did against Clemson even without some of the good bounces they will easily take 2nd in the West and beat the Cootz by 21

14) The fumble out of the endzone was just that. On the initial replays shown on the jumbotron just 10 feet from my seat showed the ball was fumbled inside or worst case on top of the pylon. Once the A&M video team saw that the ONLY replay shown 10 more times was the offset angle view. Refs got the call right.

15) Bryant and Lawrence both had stellar moments but were hamstrung by odd playcalling and sporatic O-Line play. Coaching was not up to par for this big game all the time.

Message was edited by: morbidtiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thumbs uP Morbid...you da Man!

Sep 9, 2018, 5:08 PM

Thx 4 attending, supporting & spending Your bank account to see the Clemson Tiger Team WIN!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GAME REPORT: Made it back to Dallas at 3AM after game

Sep 9, 2018, 5:10 PM

Thanks for posting. Interesting read.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

# 1 is spot on

Sep 9, 2018, 5:16 PM

and since we don’t have confidence in our o line to smash it in, kick the dang FG.

Message was edited by: tigertrain®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic