Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GA had their chance, they lost! Why does the media want to give them a re-do?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 510

GA had their chance, they lost! Why does the media want to give them a re-do?

Dec 2, 2018, 7:39 AM

In essence, the conference championships ARE a single elimination tournament. If you lose that, you’re out. Not really hard to understand. Hear me out.

Every regular season game counts, that’s how the conference championship games are selected. I hear people say “best 4 teams “ or 4 “most deserving “. Let’s use GA & AL as an example.

GA had a horrible loss in the regular season, yet won their division. Ok, great. They then lose their conference game to AL. Ok, fine. We now KNOW AL is better than GA. This ISN’T a double elimination affair!

We THINK AL is better than both Ohio St AND Oklahoma...but we don’t KNOW that because they haven’t played. Putting GA in above those two IS political and doesn’t give those teams a fair shot.

Neither is it fair to AL. It’s hard to beat a team twice. The loser of the first game usually plays with much more emotion and desire to atone for the loss.

Isn’t that why we now have the conference championships and playoffs, to let the teams decide it on the field and NOT some suits behind closed doors?

Regardless of who they PUT in today, this year will lead to an expanded field of 6 or 8. This year feels an awful lot like the year AL played LSU for the National championship. That game is why we have the playoffs now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GA getting in would make the conf champ games totally

Dec 2, 2018, 7:44 AM

meaningless. What was the point of playing the ACC, B12 and B10 games at all?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GA had their chance, they lost! Why does the media want to give them a re-do?

Dec 2, 2018, 7:46 AM

yeah thats kind of how I look at it too. I'd like for us to get ND. Though I could see them moved down for not having a conf championship

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 510
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic