»
Topic: Other than winning what other Brownell quality do you admire.
Replies: 13   Last Post: Mar 22, 2018 10:12 AM by: ClemsonTiger12
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 13  

Other than winning what other Brownell quality do you admire.

[2]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 7:30 AM

I don't really mean for some of you to comment on looks good or bad. I mean in terms of coaching, demeanor, personality and whatever else you have to offer. Have fun with it, I don't care. I'll get it rolling... I like that he runs the program the right way. Ok please no insults for him on here. Keep it positive but jokes are encouraged!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

I’m glad he has thick skin.***

[4]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 7:34 AM

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

great point FM! I didn't even think about that but

[1]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 7:36 AM

You are so right! Very good point!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Fundamentals

[2]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 7:41 AM

I have kept up with Clemson basketball since the mid-60's, and I think Brownell coaches fundamentals, i.e. passing,
screening, shooting, blocking out and fundamentally sound defense better than any coach in that 50+ year period. His teams have exceptional success in keeping the other team's leading scorers below their scoring average. I have always said that if his recruiting picks up, he could be successful. Consistent quality recruiting has proven difficult, but things appear to be on the upswing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

I’m glad he has great hair.***

[4]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 8:11 AM

2019 orange level member

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Other than winning what other Brownell quality do you admire.

[4]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 7:38 AM

i had the pleasure of drinking a couple of adult beverages with coach about a week after he was hired. him and bender and wyneki were at the cajun cafe for a game. me and a buddy and those 3 went down to the esso afterwards. coach is a great guy. very personable. he wasnt able to stay very long because he had to go recruiting the next morning. but it was a pleasure getting to meet him. i am quite sure he doesnt remember it but i sure do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Wow that would be pretty awesome to get to talk

[1]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 7:43 AM

Basketball and other matters with Coach like that! I would always remember that too! Being personable is not a must in coaching but if you aren't you better be winning games!! Ty for that deRob!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

I admire his ability to draw up some really great

[5]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 8:44 AM

inbound plays when we have the ball under our own basket. It's a thing of beauty.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

After the Pitt debacle, wasn't surprised KJ jumped ship...

[4]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 9:20 AM

it was crystal Brownlee was in over his heads after crayoning up that inbounds play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Other than winning what other Brownell quality do you admire.

[1]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 9:01 AM

He is as articulate as any coach I ever heard speak. It confirms a classiness our university exudes.

I agree he's articulate. That is not something to

[2]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 9:52 AM

Take for granted after hearing some of these coaches in post game interviews!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: I agree he's articulate. That is not something to

[2]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 10:03 AM

The same can be said of most of our athletes. Granted, there are some grammatical errors from time to time, but most conduct very good interviews and leave me with a sense of pride in the quality we go after. Likewise, the graduation rate we have vs other programs. I expect that means quite a bit to many, maybe even most, parents. To them it isn't all about the money. At least that is how I think most of our athletes' families think. The kids are classy, because they have good guidance from family and coaches.

You are exactly right! Another quality we take for granted!

Posted: Mar 22, 2018 10:11 AM

Clemson's players do graduate unless they transfer and transferring is just indicative of college basketball these days!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Postgame and preseason interviews...

[2]
Posted: Mar 22, 2018 10:12 AM

He's extremely blunt, but real. I like that when he talks he actually answers questions and there's no "coach speak".

Replies: 13  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1235 people have read this post