Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fun Fact about Wake for Tiger fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Fun Fact about Wake for Tiger fans

Nov 16, 2016, 4:40 PM

Clemson leads the all-time series against Wake Forest 63-17......oh yeah, and 1. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fun Fact about Wake for Tiger fans

Nov 16, 2016, 4:46 PM

I see what you did there!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fun Fact about Wake for Tiger fans

Nov 16, 2016, 4:51 PM

That 2008 loss at Wake was Tommy's last game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

And Some Not So Fun Remembrances... :(

Nov 16, 2016, 5:26 PM

I've personally seen some real stinkers of football games there as a Clemson fan under Tommy Bowden.

* I remember the shellacking we got in 2003. I believe that was the weekend before we beat FSU at home to start the streak that ended with the 63-17 win over Carolina in Columbia and the Peach Bowl win over Tennessee. That game was horrible. Wake Forest had a 45 to zero lead at halftime and ended up winning 45-17 or something like that.

* The 2006 game was in the rain and I believe that was the game where Gaines Adams returned a blocked field goal for a TD and Spiller had at least one long run for a TD. Clemson ended up winning that game, but had to come from way behind to do it.

* The 2008 game which was Tommy Bowden's last game as a CU coach. We looked completely inept in that game and should have lost by more than we did.

* Even the 2014 game with Cole Stoudt was a barnburner because we so out of sorts.

I hope that this one Saturday has a lot less drama than we've seemed to find in most of the other games up there.

MT

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And, Winston-Salem is home of Krispy Kreme Donuts!

Nov 16, 2016, 5:35 PM

Yep, the actual home town of those sugar babies!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic