Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fun Fact: Every drive that ETN had 2 carries in a row
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Fun Fact: Every drive that ETN had 2 carries in a row

Jan 15, 2020, 9:53 AM

We scored a TD or got first downs.

He was so close to breaking a big one too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fun Fact: Every drive that ETN had 2 carries in a row

Jan 15, 2020, 9:57 AM

I know his position coach is the play caller. It frustrates the heck out of me how he forgets about him for long stretches at a time. RPO's or not he should get more touches than he generally does. We seem to have to try everything instead of sticking more w what works. I think Tony overthinks it at times on play calls too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When ETN gets 2 carries in a row, we don't punt.

Jan 15, 2020, 10:00 AM

When he doesn't get 2 carries in a row, there's about an 80% chance that we punt.

But hey, I'm just an idiot and certainly no coach.

Whoa whoa whoa, don’t overthink this

Jan 26, 2020, 11:32 AM

What’s going to happen when our RB doesn’t break the first tackle on every carry? 1 more year of ETN

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When ETN gets 2 carries in a row, we don't punt.

Jan 26, 2020, 11:37 AM [ in reply to When ETN gets 2 carries in a row, we don't punt. ]

Maybe we want to make sure we remain wru and qbu and to keep everyone happy. Who knows?

We're not WRU anymore***

Jan 26, 2020, 2:02 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2020, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Fun Fact: Every drive that ETN had 2 carries in a row ]

I have had those exact same feeling for some time now, and I have made that statement during the games, overthinking IT!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2020, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Fun Fact: Every drive that ETN had 2 carries in a row ]

74TIGER said:

I know his position coach is the play caller. It frustrates the heck out of me how he forgets about him for long stretches at a time. RPO's or not he should get more touches than he generally does. We seem to have to try everything instead of sticking more w what works. I think Tony overthinks it at times on play calls too

Exactly! Why would we want Trevor running it more or equal times than ETN? QBs throw the ball, and RBs run the ball!

Jan 15, 2020, 9:59 AM

Tony didn't see it that way, IMO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I fail to see the "fun" part of that fact***

Jan 15, 2020, 10:01 AM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I fail to see the "fun" part of that fact***

Jan 15, 2020, 10:04 AM

Just maybe GWP, there is no fun in the facts!!!;)

That means that you must be

Jan 26, 2020, 1:48 PM [ in reply to I fail to see the "fun" part of that fact*** ]

paying attention.

Jan 15, 2020, 10:09 AM

Jan 26, 2020, 1:55 PM

More ETN is certainly a good thing. However, I will say that information like this can sometimes overlook things like a 1st down carry losing a yard which makes it less likely to run on the next play, or throwing an incomplete pass. There could also be a penalty that changes things. Obviously you’re more likely to run on 2nd down if the first down play gained 7-9 yards.

on a night lawerence was struggling

Jan 26, 2020, 1:57 PM

and it wasnt as much as their defense he was just having an off night...etn gaining at least 5 yards a carry..so what does elliot do? gets pass happy

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic