Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fumble...no fumble
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Fumble...no fumble

Dec 30, 2019, 8:48 PM

If it was a catch, wouldn’t it be forward progress on the play and then the fumble doesn’t come into play?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fumble...no fumble

Dec 30, 2019, 8:51 PM

The game is over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that all is said and done

Dec 30, 2019, 8:52 PM

I’ll go ahead and tell the OSU fans that we were given special treatment on that call and it should’ve been a scoop and score. Oh well, sucks to be them. Enjoy your season being over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now that all is said and done

Dec 30, 2019, 8:54 PM

My season is only one more game long. We win it and we are NC AGAIN. LONG TRAIN RUNNING!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 8:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Nah, IF it were a catch, there was no forward progress...

Dec 30, 2019, 9:14 PM

...made (in that split second) and it would indeed be a fumble. Nor was any part of his body down. So the only call to be made was complete or incomplete imho.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Dec 30, 2019, 9:26 PM

The best explanation of that play was the Box Ref's explanation in that if you watch that play in real time it never looks like a catch. He said the referee that threw the bag down actually made a mistake but in this new error of letting it play out as the Refs know that replay will review has caused more bad turnover controversy. Then he said, if it had been called an Incompletion then almost no controversy but because he threw the bag caused the issue. Then his final thought was as you watch the ball moving around in his "possession", once he made a football move the ball began moving. He agreed it was "No-Catch", but once the bag for turnover was thrown, it would have been a hard reversal.

That said, "Who Freakin Cares!!!" My Tigers won and hopefully we can make that claim once more to end this season! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic