Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fumble Debate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Fumble Debate

Dec 30, 2019, 11:26 AM

Folks need to understand that even if the call had been different on the incomplete pass/fumble, clemson would have won the game anyway. OSU was the best team for the first 25 minutes of the game, but clemson was the better team for the remainder of the game. Ex, 94 yards in four plays!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fumble Debate

Dec 30, 2019, 11:32 AM

Probably but it would have changed the way the game flowed. If they had scored, they would then have kicked off to us, and as to where we began the next drive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup, we'll just never know...possible that...

Dec 30, 2019, 11:37 AM

...O4O State kicks it off to us and we run the kickoff back for a TD. No one can really second guess what would have happened...likely or unlikely, no one knows. If it were the last play of the game I would feel differently.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is NO FUMBLE DEBATE!!!

The RULES ARE CRYSTAL CLEAR!

...give it a rest, and tell all your whiny, crybaby buddies too. Look it up, DA.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was wondering on the catch / fumble that they might have called a catch and marked forward progress. Taking 3 steps back (with some push from the defender) often gets called as forward progress.

In any case, one of the best comments on the play was whoever asked if this catch would have been called a TD catch if the play had been in the end zone. I didn't look like it would have

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 11:39 AM

The thing about being called a catch in the end zone. If he had caught and and the guy knocked it out of his hands while still taking a quick 3 steps, it would have been called incomplete, you have to finish the catch. Same catching a ball with feet inbounds and then hitting the ground and it comes out. Still incomplete!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 11:48 AM

The fact that the calls initially on the field went in OSU’s favor and were OVERTURNED in review show completely dispel their argument. Booth review require indisputable evidence to be overturned.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic