Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Full Game Replay: Presbyterian vs. (#25) Clemson (March 11)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Full Game Replay: Presbyterian vs. (#25) Clemson (March 11)

Mar 25, 2020, 12:13 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9XmEtevxW8

Fresh off of a sweep of Boston College, Clemson plays its first of two consecutive midweek games against teams from the Big South. The Tigers jump out to an early lead in this one and never look back, matching its season-high in runs scored in the 12-0 victory against the Blue Hose.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Full Game Replay: Presbyterian vs. (#25) Clemson (March 11)

Mar 25, 2020, 12:14 PM

Correction: March 10

Mar 25, 2020, 12:30 PM

I know one thing, won't miss the openers again. I really think they were headed toward a special season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2020, 1:26 PM

I certainly believe the pitching staff was the deepest and most talented of Monte's tenure. We had 4-6 guys who could each take the ball by the end of the season and give fans some confidence in them starting a game in the regional (Weatherly, Sharpe, Strider, Clark, Askew, Lindley). On top of that, we had plenty of young arms you'd have confidence in coming out of the pen (Spiers, Gilbert, Clayton, Hoffmann).

I still had concerns about the offense. One would like to think they'd develop over the course of the season, but I hadn't seen a whole lot from Monte to adjust his philosophy on manufacturing runs. I'm not one that believes that bunting with a man on first and nobody out is ALWAYS the best philosophy, but I also think the team didn't have the makeup from an offensive standpoint to warrant living and dying by our team's slugging percentage. I just don't think that would have bowed well...would have ended up streaky at best on offense.

Nonetheless, there's plenty of promise for next season. It'll be interesting to see which players choose to use their extra year of eligibility granted by the NCAA and which ones we'll lose to the draft. I'm particularly interested in Strider, who had radar guns on him all year, and Clark.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic