Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fuggin' termites.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 283

Fuggin' termites.

May 21, 2020, 10:24 AM

I see at LEAST a few of them every year when they swarm, but the last two nights have been absurd. They make you realize what cracks and spaces you actually have in your doors and windows. Probably had several hundred make it into the house last night. Termite scouts are slow and clumsy like cicadas and easy to suck up with a vacuum, and they aren't capable of chewing wood or inflicting damage. If they find a place to start a new colony, well...that's when shit gets real. There must be a colony somewhere nearby. The pallet deck is new enough that I don't think that's being chewed up yet, but I'll check it. Wife and kids were going full tilt, not sure if they slept last night. I slept great.

I called my termite bond company just for a little reassurance this morning, said they were getting swamped with calls. But seriously, look at this. One of my resident back porch toads, covered in scouts. He'd casually move around here and there and eat one or two, but there was more than he could eat at this buffet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Groce

May 21, 2020, 10:40 AM

Why don't you clean the place up you fugging pig? All they want is goldfish crumbs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fuggin' termites.

May 21, 2020, 10:45 AM

That's gross and sad.

This is the EXACT reason that smart people in the lowcountry

May 21, 2020, 10:51 AM

build their houses out of asbestos blocks.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ther a lot of houses in old village with asbestos siding

May 21, 2020, 11:20 AM

If the owners are smart, they keep them well painted.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the reminder. Even though I am bonded, I do my

May 21, 2020, 11:29 AM

own termite inspections because termite company is slack as shid. Usually if I find some tubes they'll come out after I call them 2-3 times. Send a pig of a tube within a few inches of wood and they appear magically overnight. Almost as quickly as the termites.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet if you had a pallet porch they would have eaten it 1st

May 21, 2020, 12:24 PM

giving you time to discover and annihilate them

Replies: 6
| visibility 283
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic