Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson Belongs: Swinney says Tigers are among the nation's elite
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson Belongs: Swinney says Tigers are among the nation's elite

Dec 11, 2015, 8:01 AM

Clemson Belongs: Swinney says Tigers are among the nation's elite

Clemson belongs with the nation’s elite, and Dabo Swinney isn’t afraid to say it. Sitting at a table with Alabama head coach Nick Saban, Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops and Michigan St. head coach Mark Dantonio, Swinney was asked if the Tigers are worthy of being mentioned with such traditional programs.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something looks out of place here.

Dec 11, 2015, 8:10 AM

Oh yeah. The midget in the red coat being dwarfed by the trophy. Can't win what you can't lift little Nicky.

best picture I've ever seen of Saban***

Dec 11, 2015, 10:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We blanket Alabama already ******

Dec 11, 2015, 11:46 AM

Re: New Story: Clemson Belongs: Swinney says Tigers are among the nation's elite

Dec 11, 2015, 8:57 AM

Congratulations to Coach Sweeney! A great Staff and great players and.a top notch program helped him to win this award. Also, Congratulations to "MR" Watson on his receiving his award as THE TOP QB IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL ! Great Coaching Staff and a great supporting group of players contributed to his accomplish ! GO TIGERS!!!

asked if the Tigers are worthy of being mentioned

Dec 11, 2015, 9:00 AM

"asked if the Tigers are worthy of being mentioned " It's a stupid question.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

What an insulting question!

Dec 11, 2015, 9:08 AM

I'm glad Dabo took the high road on his response. Of course, I would expect nothing less from the Coach of the Year!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: asked if the Tigers are worthy of being mentioned

Dec 11, 2015, 9:18 AM [ in reply to asked if the Tigers are worthy of being mentioned ]

Yeah did they ask the other guys if they belonged? A very disrespectful question

Dec 11, 2015, 11:03 AM [ in reply to asked if the Tigers are worthy of being mentioned ]

Just by asking the question, they are smugly implying we DON'T belong. We've been disrespected all year long. Just because they"let" us be #1 doesn't diminish the total lack of respect this coach, this team, the fans have endured. We were the ONLY team that dropped after our bye week, we have been flogged over the head constantly by the "C-word", we are the most consistent member of the "upset alert" bunch and our ACC Championship has be deemed illegitimate because of a stupid call even leading some in the national media to say we ere the beneficiary of a Swofford-ACC conspiracy. Having followed Clemson Football my entire life we've never been the beneficiary of anything in the ACC except an extra year of probation.

Dec 11, 2015, 11:14 AM

I can't being myself to get that worked up about it. It is kind of baffling that we are the first #1 rated underdogs in the history of college football but I'll take it. Our destiny is in our hands and I like our chances.

Don't worry about the lazy reporting and the (5 year) stale story lines, just enjoy the moment and keep winning!

Dec 11, 2015, 8:39 PM

If any of you can remember back that far, we were also ranked #1 and were the underdogs against Nebraska in the '81 Orange Bowl.

Dec 11, 2015, 8:40 PM

'82 Orange Bowl, pardon please....

Clemson is among the top 10 programs now.

Dec 11, 2015, 9:19 AM

I think that places us in the conversation of elite as much as anyone else. We might be sick of SEC talk, but if Bama were to win this year (which I don't think will happen) they would have 4 titles in 8 years.

Dabo has this program going in the right direction. 13-0 is awesome. Love to top this great season off with that title.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: New Story: Clemson Belongs: Swinney says Tigers are among the nation's elite

Dec 11, 2015, 9:21 AM

What a stupid effing question. How long has Michigan State been an "elite" program? How many programs have done what Clemson has done in the last few years? ######.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i was just thinking the same thing

Dec 11, 2015, 12:37 PM

How is Michigan State "elite" in football? Except for the past, maybe two years, what have they done?

Basketball, yes.

Coach Stoops, your team was just wrecked 12 months ago...

Dec 11, 2015, 10:11 AM

40-6 by the guy sitting nect to you. You couldn't manage a point till 4th quarter garbage time. Does your team belong here?

Coach Dantonio, you're only here because the Michigan punter was too stupid to down the ball...
Coach Saban, you lost to a three loss team at home, do you belong here?

Did I miss those questions?

Re: Coach Stoops, your team was just wrecked 12 months ago...

Dec 11, 2015, 5:21 PM

All good points, but you can't expect these questions to be asked of those coaches. Why, it would be like a White House reporter asking Obama, "do you think your healthcare program sucks?"

As Mama always taught me, "when you hear a truly stupid question, consider the source."

Go,Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'll never be hired by ESecPN

Dec 11, 2015, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Coach Stoops, your team was just wrecked 12 months ago... ]

But I respect you.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Go Tigers! Bring Baby Occulus home to Momma!***

Dec 11, 2015, 10:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Dec 11, 2015, 10:28 AM

When, exactly, did MSU become an elite 'traditional' program with AU and OU?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does Clemson Belong among the nation's elite

Dec 11, 2015, 10:38 AM

Did they ask everyone that same question? I would say the answer is no. More disrespect. But that's fine, keep giving our guys motivation. We will have to beat the best to beat the best. So go beat them!
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does Clemson Belong among the nation's elite

Dec 11, 2015, 5:25 PM

Hmmm... how many undefeated 2015 teams were represented at that news conference? Last time I checked, only one. So, perhaps the question "do you think you belong..." should have been asked ONLY to the other three coaches.

I love Dabo's position: Well, let's see... we're 13-0... we've beaten 3 Top Ten teams this year... can anybody else say that? Yeah, I guess we belong...

Tell 'em, Coach! Go Tigers

Fuel to the FIRE

Dec 11, 2015, 3:04 PM

(interviewer)

So glad that knuckle head ask that dumb question....Fuel 2 da fire**

Go Tigers.

Dec 11, 2015, 7:57 PM

I think a lot of y'all are missing the point in Dabo being asked that question. It's an excellent devil's advocate question that opens up the floor for Dabo to speak out on all the viewers out there that might be skeptical of us.

Dabo's response eliminates any amount of doubt that other's might have in regards to us deserving where we are today. There's a lot of viewers out there in our country that have never heard of Clemson. When you have the same teams sitting on the top for many years there's only so much new, relevant press to be made for them.

When something out of the ordinary happens, like Clemson sitting at #1 for several weeks. It gives the media tons of fuel to generate press. The more 'dumb' questions that they ask, the more press time we get to advocate our story :)

Dec 11, 2015, 8:07 PM

The Tigers will be an even better team next year, more mature on both sides of the ball, a lot of new talent coming in for the years to come. You are looking at the next football dynasty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic