Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Frustrating to say the least...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Frustrating to say the least...

Mar 23, 2018, 10:01 PM

but you always look back after a tough close loss to see the 1 player that could have made a big difference in the outcome of the game and gotten the team over the hump had he scored more points like he has done for most of the season...Tonight that 1 player is Aamir Simms,as he only had 2 Points

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope..Mitchell and Reed...

Mar 23, 2018, 10:03 PM

Yet again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

Re: Nope..Mitchell and Reed...

Mar 23, 2018, 10:07 PM

The guards combined for over 50 points! Kansas is good...Tigers fought hard. Why does a player have to be the BLAME? Pathetic...sad and pathetic.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2018, 10:12 PM

overall the team had terrible first half, flagrant foul call was the correct call , it hurt to end the first half, had the tigers fought the first half like they did in second half, we would have won, but yes a couple of the players didn't have a good night, thomas, reed, mitchell, simms, and skara missing 4 free throws, those things come into play in a close game, but the tigers fought hard to keep the game respectable..
Proud of the way the played the last ten minutes to make it close..

Mar 23, 2018, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Nope..Mitchell and Reed... ]

Kansas is very good.
I hope they make the championship game. They easily could.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2018, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Nope..Mitchell and Reed... ]

but both did end up scoring in double figures and Aamir Simms who had been doing so good as of late had a bad night at worst time possible

Mar 23, 2018, 10:17 PM

What was Simms average for the season? 4-5 ppg?

Mar 23, 2018, 10:22 PM

It was 4 PPG but he had been doing so well lately and especially within the last month.Aamir was coming up really big for the team in big games.

Mar 23, 2018, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Nope..Mitchell and Reed... ]

Yes this wasn’t on Simms

Plus Thomas had stupid selfish act at end of first half which ended up being a 5 point swing.

Skara stepped it up tonight***

Mar 23, 2018, 10:06 PM

Re: Skara stepped it up tonight***

Mar 23, 2018, 10:28 PM

Maybe occasionally but he also missed several FTs and had some dumb TOs and missed 2 to 3 layups

Re: Frustrating to say the least...

Mar 23, 2018, 10:09 PM

don't forget Thomas only had 4 points, and skara was 1-5 on free throws, i said thomas needed to have a good game of at least 12 or 14 points if any of our guards were having a off night and he didn't..

Re: Frustrating to say the least...

Mar 23, 2018, 10:15 PM

WOW I forgot about that as Eli was below his average for the season of 10.9 PPG.I was thinking more of Aamir Simms because he did not score his first points until about 5 or 6 minutes left in the game.

yes it is frustrating that some people were raised

Mar 23, 2018, 10:14 PM

To believe that after the best season in over 20 years, and a gutsy performance against a team full of future NBA talent, it’s cool to call out individual players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yes it is frustrating that some people were raised

Mar 23, 2018, 10:29 PM

It wasn't like I was just downgrading him to death like some do players.I was just stating how important he is to the team and not having him play like he is capable of playing night in and night out was just frustrating.

Re: yes it is frustrating that some people were raised

Mar 25, 2018, 8:01 AM

It's why they're called 'averages' and not 'absolutes'. Consider the opposition...otherwise, why play the game. These aren't automatons out there...they're young men doing their best. Not one of them deserves to be labeled as the 'blame' for a loss. This crap is pathetic. Drop BB a note and suggest he bounce Thomas, Sims, and Skara from the team since they 'lost' the game. Go ahead.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^THIS^^. I wish I could give you more TU’s***

Mar 23, 2018, 10:43 PM [ in reply to yes it is frustrating that some people were raised ]

Meaning Obed’s post...not the dude calling out players.***

Mar 23, 2018, 10:49 PM

Agree, this is one of the stupidest threads I have seen in

Mar 23, 2018, 11:01 PM [ in reply to yes it is frustrating that some people were raised ]

a long time. A lot of perfect people I guess.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sim didn't play more because he was totally not boxing out

Mar 23, 2018, 10:32 PM

for rebounds, allowing KU players to run in uncontested for offensive rebounds!

I'll give a TU for posting & answering when called out

Mar 24, 2018, 10:26 PM

We don't see much of that on here, so TU for not being a "crop duster". Not sure I'd call certain players out though. I've never played in that position before and probably 99% of people here have never played in an NCAA tournament game before either, so we don't know what they go through. D@mn good season though. Proud of our Tigers! I just hope at least 75% of these TigerNetters greeted them when they arrived back home!

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic