Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fruhmorgen?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 4,333

Fruhmorgen?

Feb 7, 2017, 1:11 AM

What happened? Why all of a sudden was he unhappy and wanting to transfer to another school?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fruhmorgen?

Feb 7, 2017, 3:55 AM

I don't think it was all of sudden, it started the week of the FSU game. I know he wanted to go close to home UF, but maybe they don't have room.

Feb 7, 2017, 7:53 AM

Was the FSU game the game he had 2 costly False Starts and Dabo pulled him from the game? I am thinking that was the beginning of the end. You can't take coaching personal!

Feb 7, 2017, 9:29 AM

I think he also suffered a shoulder injury in the FSU game, sounds like a lot of things piled on at once. That can be tough on a 20 year old.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2017, 5:58 AM

He was homesick. I remember being home sick at that age. But I was on the other side of the planet in the marines and made a commitment to the corps. It was a little tougher and Dangerous then playing football. Good luck kid !
GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2017, 6:22 AM

It takes a lot of courage for a kid to move away from home at such a young age but if homesick was that much of a factor why even bother visiting LSU, I think it was more than just being homesick.

Not really. Millions of college kids have no problem with it***

Feb 7, 2017, 9:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Feb 7, 2017, 7:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Fruhmorgen? ]

If he got that homesick, enough to make him quit a NC caliber team.
I'm sorry this kid has issues but I bet it was more than that.
I might could understand a student that didn't have any friends or nobody to talk to.
But come on now football players are treated like gods at CLEMSON.

i agree TSP...

Feb 7, 2017, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Fruhmorgen? ]

Many of us had to get over homesickness in a hurry or risk coming home in a box. Best thing to do is put your head down and get to work, forget yourself and grow up! Go Tigers!

Overbearing father was his problem. Got too involved***

Feb 7, 2017, 7:19 AM

^^^this***

Feb 7, 2017, 8:52 AM

It happens more than you know. And there are other examples

Feb 7, 2017, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Overbearing father was his problem. Got too involved*** ]

of it in the program from what I have been told.

A LOT of athletes have parents involved in their development all the way up the ladder. In Pop Warner they get special access that other parents don't. If their son does not get to play QB or LB, they threaten to move programs. When they get to Middle and High School it continues..star players parents with the AD's home phone, sideline priveledges, practie involvement, etc...

Then a college coach recruits the parents along with the athlete and the special attention and involvement is still expected. It is a tough rope to walk with the coaches.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Fruhmorgen? Bailed mid season which was his right

Feb 7, 2017, 8:04 AM

we were fine and manged nicely without him. Hope he finds what he wants at the next stop

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Home sickness and depression***

Feb 7, 2017, 8:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

don't think so- it was pretty well circulated the day of the

Feb 7, 2017, 9:25 AM

Syracuse game that there had been a blow-up between JF and Coach Caldwell earlier that week. This had to do with his play/playing time and Pollard taking his snaps from my understanding. His shoulder may have actually been hurt or limiting him but I believe that was still more of the external story of why he wasn't playing that day and they were hoping that JF would get in-line with the coaches. Not sure about the Dad part people are talking about-- never heard that when I first heard about the Caldwell story prior to the SU game but could certainly see an ex-player dad calling up the coaches and pushing his son/son's side of the story. Sounds like they were hoping to resolve but it's just not a fit with player/coach so both parties agreed to move on without really discussing the real reason. Sounds like just a case where neither side sees an advantage in bad-mouthing the other.

Question asked every day on the board. As you can see

Feb 7, 2017, 9:27 AM

nobody knows and does it really matter. Just hope he finds the right fit.

Replies: 15
| visibility 4,333
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic