Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Two years make a difference, but there are mountains still to climb
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Two years make a difference, but there are mountains still to climb

Jan 7, 2014, 5:02 PM

Two years make a difference, but there are mountains still to climb

Clemson and West Virginia seemed to be headed in different directions following the 2012 Orange Bowl. As it turns out, they were but not in the directions that many expected as the Tigers have gone 22-4 since that game. However, there are mountains still to climb. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WVU's, TCU's & Utah's falls came from joining tough leagues

Jan 7, 2014, 9:07 PM

While the win over OSU was a great one over a blue-chip big-boy (and the same goes for the LSU & UGA wins), I don't think Clemson would have 11-win seasons in the Big 12 (or SEC or Pac-12) so I don't know how fair it is to compare Clemson's trajectory (playing in one of the weakest conferences) to WVU's (playing in one of the strongest).

WVU had far less talent than Clemson when they whupped us, so it was a double disgrace that the underdogs spanked us so badly. Evidence here:
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/3/13/2866151/2012-clemson-vs-wvu-orange-bowl-depth-chart-analysis

The WVU Orange Bowl debacle was a terrible coaching job by Dabo & staff. Fortunately Dabo seems to have learned about bowl prep and motivation from that mistake.

I don't think anybody who seriously looked at WVU's roster thought that a talent-poor Big East WVU would go into the Big 12 and hang with the big boys. WVU was destined for mediocrity the minute they signed with the Big 12.

Same thing goes for TCU & Utah who used to be perennially ranked by the pollsters for romping through a weak MWC schedule with 10+ wins. They joined the Big 12 & Pac-12, respectively, and fell off the face of the planet. I imagine they'd all be logging 10+ win seasons if they had stayed in their weak conferences.

That's one of the weakest posts I've ever seen. Fact is you

Jan 7, 2014, 9:12 PM

were dead wrong about Dabo, and now you clearly lack the character to admit it.

Re: That's one of the weakest posts I've ever seen. Fact is you

Jan 7, 2014, 9:25 PM

It's ok. He and his circle jerk buddies on STS get off on bashing Dabo. He thinks he's smart posting Sagarin ratings in an attempt to disgrace the ACC, the same ACC that just went 2-0 in BCS games. If you have not seen what I am referring too, just wait. He'll post it again, for the 80th time.

He justifies his position by arguing that Dabo has not been a serious candidate for another head coaching job, but fails to acknowledge that Dabo and his family are happy here and he is not pursuing other jobs.

Fact is clemson finished ranked second highest in the history of the school this year.

Anybody bashing Dabo and what he has accomplished is

Jan 7, 2014, 8:47 PM

just stupid. End of story.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't let Razz get to you. He's a troll.

Jan 7, 2014, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: That's one of the weakest posts I've ever seen. Fact is you ]

Coot to the fullest. I think he's (and I'm being 100% serious) either a teen (or very young) or has a learning disability or something, or some kind of social disorder like Aspergers. And I'm truly not trying to be funny here... He post the same things over and over and over and over and over... He's incapable of making assessments and observations of his own, and only posts statements based on numbers and stats. Which are usually accurate, but almost always futile and worthless to the point he's trying to make. He's either really good at annoying people, and gets off on that (extreme case of Narcissism) or there truly is something wrong with him socially. I tend to think he's just an ego-centric jerk, who lives in his mother's basement.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Your ID is "RU4GOD2" but you post juvenile name-calling?

Jan 7, 2014, 10:15 PM

That's very unchristian behavior. Maybe you're not a Christian, but it doesn't sound like the behavior of the follower of any religion that I'm aware of-- except maybe Satanism (in which case you wouldn't be for God).

It's ironic that you complain that I'm repetitive and "a teen or very young" but you constantly reply with the same juvenile insults over and over and over rather than simply posting civil, adult counterpoints.

Jan 7, 2014, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: That's one of the weakest posts I've ever seen. Fact is you ]

You can complain about how he uses ratings to prove the weakness of the ACC and that the ACC just went 2-0 in BCS bowls, but the numbers don't lie. Check the overall record in BCS Bowl games for the ACC. The numbers paint an ugly story of the ACC being by far the least achieving conference year in and year out in the BCS.

ACC BCS wins before this season: FSU won the title in 99-00, VT against Cincinnati in 08-09, and FSU against NIU last season. Other than that, the ACC has had a tough road to hoe in the BCS era, often against the champion from what we deem to be and inferior conference.

The good news is, that the tides seem to be turning and the ACC is finding a way to win these games.

Jan 8, 2014, 9:33 AM

The "facts" are everytime Clemson is matched up against a team in the top 10 from the SEC not named SCar, Dabo has won. He is 2-3 against Jimbo. They have had our number the last two years, for sure. But jeezus.

But we finished 11-2 with losses against two teams that finished in the top 4.

Yep. ACC is 5-13 in BCS bowls. By far worst of AQ leagues

Jan 8, 2014, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: That's one of the weakest posts I've ever seen. Fact is you ]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowl_Championship_Series#BCS_Bowl_appearances_by_conference

And once again the ACC finished behind all but the Big East/AAC in the Sagarin conference strength of schedule rankings.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2013/conference/

The ACC was 4-1 against the AAC this year

Jan 9, 2014, 8:57 AM

The only win was from a team that will be in the ACC next year.

Go with Sagarin all you want. On the field is a different story.

How was I dead wrong about Dabo?

Jan 7, 2014, 10:00 PM [ in reply to That's one of the weakest posts I've ever seen. Fact is you ]

Did you miss the following post from me? Wasn't it complimentary enough to Dabo and staff?
http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14898094#14898094

What was weak about my post?

Please point out factual or logical errors instead of just claiming nonsense.

See, he now want YOU to use stats and numbers too...

Jan 7, 2014, 10:37 PM

GO AWAY TROLL!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

No. Just an explanation instead of a bogus claim.***

Jan 8, 2014, 1:41 PM

Weaker than an insulting reply that offers no counterpoints?***

Jan 8, 2014, 2:00 PM [ in reply to That's one of the weakest posts I've ever seen. Fact is you ]

What?

Jan 8, 2014, 1:01 AM [ in reply to WVU's, TCU's & Utah's falls came from joining tough leagues ]

Clemson wins 10 in the big 12 or Pac 12. We could hang with Oklahoma and Ok State. Stanford too. Oregon would be our FSU, but I still think we could hang with anybody if we brought our a game

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not just the 1-2 premier teams. It's the weekly grind.

Jan 8, 2014, 1:58 PM

Aside from FSU, Clemson just didn't face any ACC teams that were remotely capable of beating Clemson like Clemson might face in a tougher conference. For example, this year in the Big 12, Clemson wouldn't have just had to get past OU & OKSt. Clemson would have had to have gotten past Baylor, and upset-capable teams like KSU, Texas & Texas Tech-- all of whom finished ranked or "receiving votes" in the AP Poll. That's not the same as having to beat FSU and a bunch of ACC weaklings that didn't even finish in the "receiving votes" realm.

How is the ACC one of the "weakest"? 2-0 BCS record***

Jan 9, 2014, 9:02 AM [ in reply to WVU's, TCU's & Utah's falls came from joining tough leagues ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Two years make a difference, but there are mountains still to climb

Jan 7, 2014, 10:22 PM

Our Tigers are the Best. Seems the commentators had their winner picked Monday night before that game ever started. Sorry guys, GO ACC, O'Yeah!!!!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic