Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Syracuse Travel Blog: Day one
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Syracuse Travel Blog: Day one

Oct 3, 2013, 10:58 PM

Syracuse Travel Blog: Day one

As this is Clemson's inaugural trip to Syracuse we decided to detail our visit there, and we hope it gives a lot of you some ideas for future trips. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Syracuse Travel Blog: Day one

Oct 3, 2013, 11:14 PM

Thanks for sharing,we are flying up in the morning to Buffalo and doing the Niagara Falls visit on the Canadian side then on to Rochester to visit and stay with Clemson friends transplanted up there. It should be an exciting weekend.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you D.Hood

Oct 4, 2013, 4:51 AM

Thanks for sharing. Def need to make it up to NY some time. Look forward to potential Cooperstown pics.

It is a beautiful area

Oct 4, 2013, 6:17 AM

and I hope to make the Syracuse trip next time. Thanks for the blog.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post, David. Looking forward to more reports, as well

Oct 4, 2013, 7:00 AM

as pix. If you are able, take some of the tailgating and the Dome along with the Clemson crowd. Have a great trip.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2013, 7:19 AM

Can't wait! My wife and I live in NJ and are heading up Saturday morning. Looking forward to hearing restaurant suggestions. This will be the second of my 5 games this season! (Georgia, Syracuse, FSU, Maryland and the BCS National Championship Game)

Oct 4, 2013, 8:48 AM

I like the way you think! Kudos on the positive attitude!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2013, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Syracuse Travel Blog: Day one ]

For restaurant suggestions, I posted a bunch towards the end of this thread: http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1274307&tstart=180

Oct 4, 2013, 7:37 AM

We have a 9:30 flight out of Myrtle Beach to Buffalo and doing the Niagara Falls tour, then heading to Rochester to meet up with Clemson folks that live there.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lived there 20+ years, enjoy the area!

Oct 4, 2013, 8:24 AM

One stop that is recommended is a grocery market...the best rated grocery store chain in the U.S., Wegmans. You will be amazed; if you stop at one of their super stores, they have a cafe, pizza station, sub station, and some have a classy restaurant; Wegmans won't disappoint. The Dinosaur is great BBQ, the Dinosaur in Rochester is even better, located on the Genesee River. Sauces can be found at Wegmans. The Finger Lakes are enjoyable if you have time.
Our sons attended a high school that went to the Carrier Dome for state championships... Loved it, it is a bit stuffy in there, enjoy! (I miss Wegmans!)

Excellent

Oct 4, 2013, 8:32 AM

My wife and I almost made the trip but work got in the way. This is a great theme for an article since so many of us travel for road games. And, well, Syracuse is virgin territory for most of us, it'll be nice to hear about your trip. NY is a big state and the 'upstate' part is really nice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2013, 8:47 AM

I have made that trip from Buffalo and on up to Niagara Falls. It is indeed a beautiful ride, and the falls are more spectacular than I had imagined. Since it was in January when we were there, it was freezing cold, and we didn't take the boat tour, but it certainly is a sight to behold. I can just imagine the first Indians paddling down that beautiful river and thinking what might that noise be, and then having one of those uh oh moments after realizing what lay ahead. Anyway, glad you enjoyed the trip. I suspect you will enjoy the game even more. Go Tigers!!!

Oct 4, 2013, 9:59 AM

Thanks....love this idea. Think you should make it a permanent segment. We live in New England and there are a lot of games we want to attend in the future and would love to know about the local attractions of all the ACC venues. Of course, Clemson will always be our favorite...you never have to leave the campus to have a great weekend!

Tailgating at the dome

Oct 4, 2013, 9:59 AM

Just wondering what anyone's plans are for tailgating tomorrow at the dome. I will be there with 9 people around 10-1030. I wish we could have a huge Clemson tailgate together!

Great Story. Hope to hear all about it including

Oct 4, 2013, 10:23 AM

how you experienced a Tiger victory in the dome.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Oct 4, 2013, 10:30 AM

Up here now. Driving around downtown through the college with the car decked out. Any kno where all the clemson people will be tonight for some pregame. Pics to come

Oct 4, 2013, 10:56 AM

Here's a good list of restaurants and other things in the area: http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14409047

Oct 4, 2013, 5:55 PM

Thanks for the blog....great day!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic