Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Morris pushes Boyd to be better under pressure
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Morris pushes Boyd to be better under pressure

Aug 24, 2012, 10:20 AM

Morris pushes Boyd to be better under pressure

Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd struggled last year under late-season pressure, and offensive coordinator Chad Morris is pushing Boyd to make better decisions under pressure and be in more control of the offense. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Morris pushes Boyd to be better under pressure

Aug 24, 2012, 10:23 AM

"Boyd was a pig part of Clemson’s 8-0 start a year ago..."

Lol @ subliminal fat jokes.

COLLEGE: A three-year starter at strong safety for Clemson, finished his career with 234 tackles and 11 interceptions.

Aug 24, 2012, 12:03 PM

So, Sportjunkie, what's your waist line? Body fat%?

It kills me when people anonymously insult others, but it's all the worse when they insult Clemson players who aren't even out of college.

...for Vendeta***

Aug 24, 2012, 10:35 AM

Glad to hear this is an area of focus

Aug 24, 2012, 11:02 AM

if Tajh can learn to audible he could be unstoppable.

Not one pundit has said anything about Tajh's

Aug 24, 2012, 11:23 AM

improvement as a QB could help a little bit in making up for an inexperienced line. It doesn't cancel it out, but absolutely no one I've seen comment on the Tigers has even thought that Tajh might actually improve this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not one pundit has said anything about Tajh's

Aug 24, 2012, 11:49 AM

Next time I use all caps so everyone can heer me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just going to have to see improvement to believe it

Aug 24, 2012, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Not one pundit has said anything about Tajh's ]

Not that I don't think it can be done, but the end of last season, the spring game and camp have me worried over INTs. He looked downright awful in the Spring game (I know it's just the Spring game but still) and I know he's thrown some picks in the scrimmages.

I think he has it in him to take control of this offense, but I need to see it before I go around saying everything will be fine and dandy.

I said this once before,

Aug 24, 2012, 1:22 PM

Tajh's improvement between his backup year and last year were due to his work ethic. Remember, he only took one day off to go to the beach with his pals? He also spent a couple weeks in Cali working with a pro.

His improvement was evident after the first couple of games. I think his performance was somewhat lacking in those games due to everyone getting playing time in the new system.

He was reported to have worked equally as hard this summer as last and also spent a stint with the pro on the west coast.

I expect his only struggle to be with the 30-40% of Morris' system that we didn't run last year. I don't think we can expect to see much of that early, perhaps just enough to fine tune it.

I think FSU get a full dose of the Morris's system.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I said this once before,

Aug 24, 2012, 2:00 PM

One thing you have to consider when looking at Boyd's picks in the spring game and fall camp is that he is playing against a defense that knows all of the plays and has practiced against them repeatedly.
That is way different than playing against a defense that hasn't had the benefit of practicing against you every day! I believe Tajh's play will be greatly improved over last year and I'm expecting big things from him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fair point, but...

Aug 24, 2012, 6:57 PM

opponents have and will get film, so there will be few surprises for opposing defenses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I bet their defense doesn't get the play call.

Aug 25, 2012, 9:27 AM

I bet our offense isn't limited by The Chad demanding that Tajh not check out of a play when he reads the D.

Again, this merely re-confirms how happy I am that we have

Aug 24, 2012, 3:22 PM

The Chad coaching our QB's. Better footwork, better audibles, better checkdowns will be the result of this hard work. I hope we can keep Chad another 2-3 years, if possible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

What would it take to get ahold of helmet cam video?******

Aug 24, 2012, 7:20 PM

Having "M,' assign 007 to the task and Ms. Pennyworth...

Aug 25, 2012, 9:30 AM

providing Bond's reward for a mission accomplished.

Aug 25, 2012, 9:22 AM

boyd is probably most responsible for chad's pay increase. he played remarkably well last year. a team has to overcome interceptions, fumbles, etc.; they are part of the game. tajh responded well under pressure. i hope he plays as well this year.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic