Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Massey, Mauldin QB with 11 TD's in a game earlier this month, visiting Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Massey, Mauldin QB with 11 TD's in a game earlier this month, visiting Saturday

Nov 21, 2013, 6:21 PM

Massey, Mauldin QB with 11 TD's in a game earlier this month, visiting Saturday

Mauldin quarterback Dre Massey opened some eyes when he scored 11 touchdowns against Boiling Springs earlier this month, and Clemson recruiter Dan Brooks is bringing Massey in for a visit this weekend. Photo by Bill Brucker Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Massey, Mauldin QB with 11 TD's in a game earlier this month, visiting Saturday

Nov 21, 2013, 6:26 PM

I was there for the game against Boiling Springs, SIGN THS KID!!!

Re: Front Page Story: Massey, Mauldin QB with 11 TD's in a game earlier this month, visiting Saturday

Nov 21, 2013, 6:36 PM

yeah a tape with 11 tds would be impressive. very impressive

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm thinking Region II 4A doesn't spend as much time working

Nov 22, 2013, 6:15 AM

on defense with all those teams/players putting up gaudy numbers!! GO DANIEL LIONS!!!!

I went to Mauldin

Nov 21, 2013, 6:37 PM

Amazing to see a player from there being recruited. Mauldin has been garbage for years.

Re: I went to Mauldin

Nov 21, 2013, 6:39 PM

Have one on the team now I think- Ryan Norton

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2013, 8:00 PM

yep, Ryan is from Mauldin. I went there too....way before then though.

Nov 21, 2013, 8:45 PM

I lived in Mauldin when there wasnt a Mauldin High to go to

so did you decide to go to Farragut Academy?***

Nov 22, 2013, 6:17 AM

Me too...longer time ago than I care to admit.***

Nov 22, 2013, 4:21 AM [ in reply to Re: I went to Mauldin ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went to mauldin

Nov 21, 2013, 6:47 PM

I also went to mauldin. I went there with Ryan Norton was at mauldin. Dre is a very good player and gives it his all. He also has great upside

1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 C-L-E-M-S-O-N T-I-G-E-R-S fight tigers fight tigers fight fight fight!! Goo Tigers!

Yep

Nov 21, 2013, 8:36 PM

I forgot about Ryan! I'm really good friends with his sister. It's still surprising. We won one game my junior year...at least it was against Hillcrest. Lol.

Looks like a good one , seems he's headed to prep school,

Nov 21, 2013, 8:40 PM

but he should show up on campus ready to go. All these d@mn Maulin people, I kid, I kid,lived in Mauldin as a kid, but we moved and I went to high school a little further south(Hillcrest).

According to the article, he's JUCO bound not prep school

Nov 22, 2013, 1:00 AM

bound. Prep school, of course, would be a great option for us. He has an offer from Marshall. Marshall accepts non qualifiers I believe

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this guy would be a great get imo

Nov 21, 2013, 8:41 PM

He's very fast and can run well with the football. Plus if something happens with our QBs in the future like injury or sexually assaulting woman then maybe we could move him to QB. He would also be a good scout team QB if he RS.

Why would you even say that***

Nov 22, 2013, 12:05 PM

Back up

Nov 21, 2013, 8:51 PM

Brooks is on this! ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2013, 9:06 PM

I attend Hillcrest right now. We were fortunate that Dre didn't play against us, or we would of lost.

I still find it unbelievable that these guys can't qualify

Nov 21, 2013, 11:40 PM

Lord knows these guys are not taking the most challenging classes...How is it possible that they can't get a 2.0 and 800 on their SAT's? Classes like weight training, PE, and other electives alone should make a 2.0 pretty easy to attain solely by showing up

An 800 on the SAT's requires basic math and reading skills.

I just don't get how these kids could care so little about their futures, that they could fail at that level academically

Re: I still find it unbelievable that these guys can't qualify

Nov 22, 2013, 12:09 AM

I think that the 2.0 required is on core courses, and doesn't include electives. English, Math, Science and Social Studies would be the courses where a 2.0 is required.

Still though, if a kid knows by the ninth grade that he will be good enough to be a D1 athlete [and almost all D1 athletes probably start on varsity teams in the ninth grade], then they should know enough to start getting their stuff together as far as their academics go.

That being said, most kids need guidance from parents, relatives, and friends in order to value an education and get things in order when they hit high school. A lot of kids don't have such guidance and are not mature enough to realize the importance of grades/learning. Especially kids that are skilled athletically that think that those skills will take them everywhere that they need to go.

Support at home is huge, but also coaches.

Nov 22, 2013, 9:13 AM

My coaches(head coach especially) were he!! bent on academics and wouldn't allow players to slack no matter how gifted they may have been. You didn't make the grades you didn't play, plain and simple....

BTW, we won 1 state title and were deep in the playoffs the other years I was there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: I still find it unbelievable that these guys can't qualify

Nov 22, 2013, 9:10 PM [ in reply to I still find it unbelievable that these guys can't qualify ]

I find it hard to believe you never scored 11 TDs in a high school football game.

Whatsamatter wid ya? Not trying? Not working out? Not enough 'want to' in ya?

Harley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scary, isn't it?

Nov 22, 2013, 12:10 AM

Do you ever think about the ones who not only make bad grades but who aren't athletically gifted either? Scary world we live in....

11 tds in a single game.

Nov 22, 2013, 7:34 AM

My mind won't let that wrap around it. One player , 11 tds...one game. I played with Mike Dingle at Berkeley in 1986 and he scored 6 tds in a game and I remember specifically thinking what an outrageously whopping accomplishment that was. Standing on the sidelines for this kids 11 must've been dumbfounding for the team and coaches. Sign him and place him...he got mad skills yo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic