Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson Recruiting 2013 Signing Day Notes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson Recruiting 2013 Signing Day Notes

Feb 7, 2013, 12:39 PM

Clemson Recruiting 2013 Signing Day Notes

Notes from Clemson's 2013 football recruiting class, which was inked on Wednesday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson Recruiting 2013 Signing Day Notes

Feb 7, 2013, 12:54 PM

I like being in the company of those teams listed... Always good to be on lists that include AL, FL, GA, TX, OK, OSU, USC (the real one, of course),and ND. Also good to have a coach that is listed amongst Saban, Miles, Brown, Richt and Stoops..

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson Recruiting 2013 Signing Day Notes

Feb 7, 2013, 4:36 PM

I've got a little bit of a problem with us bragging about being listed in the top 25 of ESPN's list for the last 4 years. This strikes me as a bit of picking which statistics work best for you and using them in your sales pitch. That's not a bad strategy when trying to make sales, but if you're self evaluating, it's dillusional. I think Dabo is an excellent coach and great recruiter. 2009, however, was not a great recruiting year. ESPN ranks us high because it was a quality group from top to bottom, but when you only sign 12, you can't afford misses. JK Jay wasn't a miss, but he never played a down of college ball because of a high school weight lifting accident. Bryce McNeal was a miss.

None of the other services (scout or rivals) had the Tigers listed in the top 25. That said, we're still in pretty good company, just not elite. Scout's rankings are public and probably more accurate.

Over the last 4 years, tOSU, Alabama, Notre Dame, LSU, UGa, Auburn, Oklahoma, FSU, USC, and Texas have had every recruiting class ranked inside the top 25. Clemson, Oregon, Washington, and Oklahoma State missed the mark only in '09. That's significant because those guys will be playing their last year this fall.

Teams that made the cut in 3 out of the last 4 years include usc-e, Michigan, aTM, Florida, and Mississippi.

Based on talent alone, Clemson ranks somewhere between 10th and 16th with a slight bias toward the upper end of that group. ('10 - 23rd Seniors and RS Juniors; '11 - 14th Juniors and RS Sophomores; '12 - 17th Sophomores and RS Freshmen; '13 - 12th true freshmen)

One of the things those rankings predict is that Clemson will continue to get better each year.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic