Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Depends upon how one views criteria
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Depends upon how one views criteria

Dec 2, 2018, 7:35 AM

In reality the whole CFP committee has but one job and that is to select the 4 BEST teams.All other data points are to be used when it is close, that includes CCG's. From a view of slecting the 4 BEST teams UGA could/should be the #4 slotted team. DOes anyone think OU or tOSU is a better team? I certainly do not but then again I think defense matters and UGA plays defense very well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Depends upon how one views criteria

Dec 2, 2018, 7:45 AM

If you go by the BEST I agree. You have Herbstrit, Jesse Palmer, Tebow, Scott Van Pelt, etc etc etc etc with you. Even Joey Galloway said he would have no problem with Georgia back in. I agree with you, if we are going by the BEST 4. Skip Bayless agrees with you too by the way. That will anger some people. Most people that know college football know Georgia is one of the four NEST. Just some thing that they should be out anyway due to 2 losses. Anyway, I am just glad that everyone has us at 2 and ND at 3. That's who I want us to play. That's what really matters.

Dec 2, 2018, 7:49 AM

I too want ND and it does not matter which stadium. I like our chances here out to win it all.

If......if they get in. They have to be #4

Dec 2, 2018, 7:49 AM

I have no problem with them playing Bammer again a week before the winner would play us. Also think Bammer would dismantle them with a month to prepare

Re: If......if they get in. They have to be #4

Dec 2, 2018, 7:52 AM

Not sure they dismantle them if they play again. Kirby made some very poor decisions in that game , not the least was the fake punt. I view his inserting Fields in the game often were bad calls too. Changed the flow of UGA offense and left Fromm with 1 less down to work with on those drives. Fields is clearly not trusted to throw the ball so why put him in to announce a running play? Just stupid from my view.

Fromm would not repeat his performance against them

Dec 2, 2018, 7:58 AM

Tua would be as healthy as he has been in 6 weeks. Saban would badly out gameplan Kirby

Re: Fromm would not repeat his performance against them

Dec 2, 2018, 8:00 AM

Tua is not the Second Coming, that has been obvious anytime he played against a good defense.. Any team that gets a solid push upfront all night will give Tua trouble.

Doesn't help when he can't get out of the pocket

Dec 2, 2018, 8:03 AM

He was hurt at LSU as well. He's beatable, but he's far better than he's shown the last month on one leg

Re: Doesn't help when he can't get out of the pocket

Dec 2, 2018, 8:07 AM

Between his knee and ankles the kid needs more time to heal than 1 month. In truth though I still think any team that has a solid push gives him trouble, he also makes some really ill advised throws he got away with all year.

Re: If......if they get in. They have to be #4

Dec 2, 2018, 8:01 AM [ in reply to If......if they get in. They have to be #4 ]

Imagine how bad they dismantle the Sooners wit that same month?

I agree. If it is the 4 best, then you have to ask

Dec 2, 2018, 7:53 AM

yourself who do you think would win head to head, neutral field, UGA vs OU, and OSU. I think Georgia wins both of those. However, I don't believe Georgia should be one of the 4. To me, there is something to be said for the 2 losses and they played in a somewhat playoff game vs Bama, and lost.

Re: I agree. If it is the 4 best, then you have to ask

Dec 2, 2018, 7:56 AM

SO you are good with putting in a team that you think would lose against UGA as one of the 4 best? I would like to see an 8 team playoff but I would still slot UGA at #4 in that too.

I don't know that Is say it's the perfect scenario but

Dec 2, 2018, 8:02 AM

yeah I guess I'd be O.K. with it because they just got beat by a playoff team and I try to think of that as like an extended playoff game. I do believe whatever happens, this will be the year that causes expansion.

Re: I don't know that Is say it's the perfect scenario but

Dec 2, 2018, 8:04 AM

Ohio State is starting to play better now too. I wish there was a way to put 6 teams in there this year. Dwayne Haskins is a freak.

Re: I don't know that Is say it's the perfect scenario but

Dec 2, 2018, 8:09 AM [ in reply to I don't know that Is say it's the perfect scenario but ]

Fair enough.

Think whatever you want. We KNOW, Georgia isn't the best

Dec 2, 2018, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: I agree. If it is the 4 best, then you have to ask ]

team in the country.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2018, 8:12 AM

So who is Georgia's best win? An artificially propped up Florida team that barely beat USC and probably should have lost? You play to win the game! Georgia has two losses. Injuries are taken into account in the criteria. George is lost to Alabama with Alabama 2nd string QB bringing in the victory. Conference championships is a criteria. Georgia will not be one of the teams in the playoff because they are a two-loss team with no Conference Championship. There are 4 other conference championship teams with one fewer or no losses. There's also an independent with no losses. I would argue that UCF has more of a resume to get into the playoff than UGA.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

We have the luxury of inclusion; I wonder what

Dec 2, 2018, 8:17 AM

our attitudes would be were we an Oklahoma or Ohio State right now.

My opinion, rightly or wrongly, would suggest righteous indignation should two SEC teams be included again to our exclusion.

Something to ponder, I think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

### THIS ###

Dec 2, 2018, 8:34 AM

Yup, perspective from where you sit does make a huge difference. Especially this year when there could be 3 P% conferences left out. That will caiuse some serious butt hurt among fans and commisioners.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic