Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From the scene of the Auburn Shooting.......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

From the scene of the Auburn Shooting.......

Jun 10, 2012, 8:59 AM

This is from a guy who lives in the complex where the shooting happen

-------------------------

Alright. I'll tell you my experience and what I've pieced together after talking to a bunch of people up front at the scene after it happened.

My experience

Some friends and I were getting ready to go out to watch the boxing match at a bar. We stopped by a friend's apartment a bit closer to the front of the complex on our way out.

We were sitting in the living room area when we heard what sounded to me like firecrackers. bang bangbangbangbang We all stopped and looked at each other. One of my friends dropped on the floor. We all went to a separate room, further back in the apartment. One of the other guys there said he heard more shots after we left the room.

We called 911, who said they already had officers on the way out. We looked out the window, where we had a pretty good view of the pool area and front of the complex. Which is where it all happened.

There were so many ####### people just ####### running the #### away from the front. I could hear someone screaming. This screaming was unlike anything I've ever heard in my life. I don't know if I heard someone screaming in pain or someone screaming in shock at seeing something. I left the room briefly. When I came back, the screaming had stopped. I don't know if that screaming was from someone who died or someone who fled. Police arrived soon after. Saw them walking around with a flashlight.

We got in the car and tried to leave, only to be told that the complex is on lockdown. We're not allowed to leave. No one is allowed in or out.

We got out and walked up to the front to see what we could see. The whole front of the complex is roped off with crime scene tape. There were ambulances, but they're gone now. There's firetrucks and shitload of police cars. Forensics showed up an hour or two ago.

My friend and I were able to get up pretty close. Saw one of the bodies. He's lying on his back, kinda sprawled out. They had a white sheet over him. He'd bled through it. I guess he was shot in his chest.

Later on, forensics walked up to the body and lifted the sheet. Saw the guys face. As I said above, it was clearly Ed Christian.

That's about all I saw. Spent a lot of time talking to people hanging around the scene.

Trying to figure out how to get out of my ####### lease. If anyone has advice, I would certainly appreciate it.

What I've pieced together

There was a group of people at the front of the complex. It was not a pool party, like everyone keeps saying. Some kind of argument started up. A fist fight broke out. Ed Christian was not one of the people fighting. He was holding one of his friends back, trying to stop the fight, when he was shot.

We're pretty sure that Ladarious Philips (sorry if I spelled his name wrong) is another casualty.

We just heard that Eric Mack, who was taken from the scene to the hospital, has since died.

That's all I know currently.
parent

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

" Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but be a new and different person with a fresh newness in all you do and think."

Re: From the scene of the Auburn Shooting.......

Jun 10, 2012, 9:32 AM

Eric Mack is from calhoun county..heard on other boards that he was ok but who knows at this point...hope that last part wasn't true.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2012, 9:33 AM

it looks like eric has passed away. this is crazy

Jun 10, 2012, 9:42 AM

fairly confident mack is not dead...that was just a rumor..saying now he is alive and actually tweeting in hospital

Jun 10, 2012, 10:05 AM

Posted by John Taylor on June 10, 2012, 9:27 AM EDT

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/10/report-currentex-auburn-players-victims-in-off-campus-shooting/related/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2012, 10:56 AM

37 Phillips, Ladarious FB FR 6-0 291 Roanoke, AL Handley

60 Mack, Eric OL FR 6-3 315 St. Matthews, SC Calhoun County

68 Christian, Ed OL FR 6-5 321 Valdosta, GA Lowndes

Jun 10, 2012, 11:22 AM

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/06/former_auburn_players_ed_chris.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Explain to the landlord it would be in his best interest

Jun 10, 2012, 12:35 PM

to let you leave quietly instead of having a website put up discussing the dangers of living there. (Having all the police reports of the times they were called to the complex in the past five years with you when you talk to him would help.)

Jun 10, 2012, 12:50 PM

More info on the shooting: http://carolinasportsthoughts.blogspot.com/2012/06/prayers-for-auburn.html

waiting on the news conference

Jun 10, 2012, 1:48 PM

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/category.asp?C=218796&nav=menu33_4_3

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic