Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Trevor Lawrence: Unshakable faith and team-first beliefs are his driving force
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: Trevor Lawrence: Unshakable faith and team-first beliefs are his driving force

Jan 20, 2019, 8:01 AM

Trevor Lawrence: Unshakable faith and team-first beliefs are his driving force

Trevor Lawrence has taken the college football world by storm, especially after a dominating 347-yard and three touchdown performance against Alabama in the National Championship. Lawrence feels like he was made for those types of moments, but don’t expect the added attention to go to his head. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence: Unshakable faith and team-first beliefs are his driving force

Jan 20, 2019, 8:51 AM

This young man’s parents have done a great job and deserve a lot of credit in his development. May God continue to bless him.

From the outside it doesn't look like all of the QBs that

Jan 20, 2019, 8:54 AM

were here since he got here a year ago have had the same "team first" attitude. Three said, there is no way I'm beating out this freshman and left immediately. One stayed and tried to beat him out and left as soon as it didn't work out. One other was team first and stayed and contributed and one other was a coaches kid that knows he will never start.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence: Unshakable faith and team-first beliefs are his driving force

Jan 20, 2019, 9:03 AM

Trevor has been cool and steady all through the year and he is a good young man who is committed to his faith.
Makes me think of the Tim McGraw song... “Always Be Humble & Kind”.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2019, 9:20 AM

Never would’ve thought in a million years we’d have a QB that could even sniff D4’s legacy both on and off the field any time soon. Boy was I wrong.....amazing kid.

Jan 20, 2019, 9:39 AM

Your not kidding. I figured if he beat DW4 high school records then from a players standpoint we might have another DW4 talent coming to bless Clemson sooner than ever expected. But personality wise to be true humble spiritually guided young man to top talent off I will be shocked if either another national championship or even CLEMSON'S FIRST HEISMAN WINNER doesnt happen before 16 leaves. I think unlike DW4 we have good shot at seeing TL16 4 years instead of 3 (declare for draft early)

Jan 20, 2019, 11:39 AM

I think taking college one step at a time is what's most important to TL, and he's not going to get ahead of himself buy trying to rush things up. He wants to drain the experience for everything that it has to offer. TL may very well be at Clemson for 4 years, and it won't be bc he had to, it will be bc he wanted to get the full experience from his time in college!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2019, 9:31 AM

He said a few more years of college....that’s more than two.

He has been very consistant. He thinks college is 4 years

Jan 20, 2019, 9:42 AM

long. He will make enough millions that there is no reason to leave early. What's another couple million?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He has been very consistant. He thinks college is 4 years

Jan 20, 2019, 10:00 AM

If someone offered me 2million but only if I start today, I would walk off my job today..

well, me too. I could work a year and retire

Jan 20, 2019, 10:12 AM

but we aren't Trevor Lawrence.

Jan 20, 2019, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: He has been very consistant. He thinks college is 4 years ]

With the way NFL salaries are going and including the endorsements he should get, using Peyton Manning as a guide for endorsement to salary ratio, Trevor can legitimately earn over $1 billion over a 20 year NFL career. What’s a few extra million compared to that? And 20 year careers are pretty much guaranteed now that the NFL has become two-hand touch football for QBs, particularly picket passers.

You could just as easily turn that around and ask why, if there's

Jan 20, 2019, 10:38 AM

that much money at stake, would he risk playing any more college football than necessary when a career-ending injury could happen at any time?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You could just as easily turn that around and ask why, if there's

Jan 20, 2019, 10:41 AM

True, but career-ending injuries for QBs are much rarer than for any other position outside special teams.

Re: You could just as easily turn that around and ask why, if there's

Jan 20, 2019, 11:58 AM [ in reply to You could just as easily turn that around and ask why, if there's ]

yes it's hackneyed and trite to say,but money isn't everything to some people.TL is enjoying the college experience like we all did,and hopefully he'll stay grounded.a while back one former CU player gave advice something like:stay in school and enjoy the fun,because at the next level it's just a business.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 20, 2019, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: He has been very consistant. He thinks college is 4 years ]

That would be an easy choice if you're not making a million a year at your job. You would have to be mentally retarded not to take the money that very second. But if you are a college kid not wanting to rush through life, you don't miss what you've never had!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 1:03 AM

Christian and his fellow teammates didn’t

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 20, 2019, 10:10 AM

I thought I’d watched any interview he has done since the season began. When was this one done?

Jan 23, 2019, 12:29 AM

How retro! A journalist wrote a story from an interview that perhaps wasn't video recorded -- like they all used to do.

Jan 20, 2019, 11:29 AM

How can you have an adult mentality at 19 years old, I know that I didn't have that advantage at 19. That type of maturity has to come from parents that hold their kids accountable at a very young age, and it is an advantage to a young man!!!

got a feeling it isn't gonna be too long before this kid has

Jan 20, 2019, 11:36 AM

short hair and a full beard and mustache. that's normally how this goes.

Re: got a feeling it isn't gonna be too long before this kid has

Jan 20, 2019, 11:48 AM

maybe not.he's got dabo and others plus his family for off-the-field mentoring,and hopefully he'll stay reasonably grounded.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 20, 2019, 6:15 PM

LOL! I'm not saying that as a bad thing! I just think he may discover as he gets older and matures a little that he likes a kind of "high and tight" look, but with mustache and beard. Of course, his hair color suggests that he may not be able to get a very good beard going, so maybe he'll just stay with the long hair.

Jan 20, 2019, 6:24 PM [ in reply to got a feeling it isn't gonna be too long before this kid has ]

That’s normally how it goes huh? Man I must be out of the loop.

Jan 23, 2019, 5:50 AM

Most fair haired guys usually don't have heavy facial hair, but like everything else in this would, there will always be an exception to the rule. I have seen blond hair blue eyed guys with heavy beards, but most have a light Mustache....;)

Jan 20, 2019, 11:47 AM

Yeah, I liked that line about a "FEW" more years, too. Ha.

Jan 20, 2019, 6:05 PM

Want Dabo to make sure Trevor isn’t alone with Gamecock Delilah, she might cut his hair and he would lose all his football power. The Samson curse. Let those locks alone. Trevor Lawrence has God given talent may he always use it to the best of his ability.

Jan 23, 2019, 3:53 AM

Just when I thought it would be impossible for me to love this guy any more than I already do .........

Every time he opens his mouth, he just makes me respect him more, and that respects extends to his parnets who have obviously done a great job in instilling the right values into young Trevor.

Here's hoping for 3 more successful seasons at Clemson.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic