Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From the Spartanburg Herald-Journal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,990

From the Spartanburg Herald-Journal

Jul 31, 2015, 10:30 AM

Charlie Harrell of Woodruff thinks when it comes to renaming buildings at Clemson University. “When we go to faulting Tillman, Calhoun and Clemson, we need to remember the times these men lived in,” says Mr. Harrell. “Most of the people in this state were of a similar mind as these gentlemen. They, in fact, did make Clemson a reality with their foresight and contributions. The citizens of our great state, should not allow a few to dictate to the masses what is politically correct. I think the staff advocating changing names should be encouraged to seek opportunities elsewhere or get a real job. I agreed with removing the flag because it served no useful purpose, but the purpose of Clemson University is to give our kids a quality education. The name of the building should not be an education issue. It is a state-supported school, so any name changing should be done at the polls. The S.C. Legislature cannot be trusted to do what is right. Its members have a history of caving when hard decisions are required.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet another idiot trying to keep the controversy alive***

Jul 31, 2015, 10:38 AM

I see nothing wrong with the point he is making.

Jul 31, 2015, 10:43 AM

His opinion is no better or worse than any other, yours included.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I see nothing wrong with the point he is making.

Jul 31, 2015, 10:46 AM

I'm just tired of the issue in general. People keep arguing back and forth even though it would be beneficial to some of them to drop the issue and let it go away. But that doesn't sell newspapers...

I agree. We used to have a respectable press in this country.

Jul 31, 2015, 11:01 AM

Now they have sunken to the same level as the National Enquirer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree. We used to have a respectable press in this country.

Jul 31, 2015, 11:50 AM

Don't degrade the National Liar. Today's commie media has to look up to them. Problem is, the dumbing down of America has been tremendously successful.

Re: From the Spartanburg Herald-Journal

Jul 31, 2015, 12:33 PM

To continue beating this dead horse. I find the article interesting because of it's flawed assumptions. 1.) small group for name change, when in fact, more and more (masses) are calling for dis-honoring Pitchfork Ben. And 2.) The idea that "it's just a name on a building" so no need to change it, all the while fighting tooth and nail to not change it.

Human nature is fun...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,990
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic