Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From the Rock...Maybe Old News...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

From the Rock...Maybe Old News...

Mar 11, 2019, 10:18 AM

https://rubbingtherock.com/2019/03/10/clemson-football-bama-fans-still-doubt-trevor-lawrences-ability/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From the Rock...Maybe Old News...

Mar 11, 2019, 11:18 AM

I've heard so much chatter from the Bama fans about those 50/50 passes thrown by Lawrence. I was watching the game on my TV and all I saw were 100/0 passes. Sure, we had some spectacular catches by our "top of the line" WRs, but the ball had to be there for the WRs to catch the ball. That was probably some of our copycat strategy which the best coach of all time admitted he did not anticipate.

Tua is an excellent QB but he has some deficiencies which Venables recognized and exploited. Tua is also surrounded by 5***** players which adds to his success but when confronted by an excellent defense, those deficiencies are on display. If Tua and Trevor were eligible for the draft, Trevor would be the overwhelming choice, hands down.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To underscore the stupidity of 'Bama fans expressing doubt

Mar 11, 2019, 12:38 PM

about Trevor's ability (and, of course, any sycophantic chickenfans who also can't accept the obvious) is the fact that by trying to lessen Trevor's NC performance ALSO lessens the ability of Alabama's entire football team---widely acclaimed as maybe the best college football team of all time---cuz regardless, the final score of that game will NEVER change. By demeaning Trevor, they're demeaning the entire football program in Tuscaloosa

Its just another symptom of SEC fever---a syphilitic disease easily cured by a large dose of reality penicillin

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To underscore the stupidity of 'Bama fans expressing doubt

Mar 11, 2019, 1:19 PM

I will grant the shallow-minded Bama fans the single concession that Trevor would readily admit to:
Trevor does make mistakes, he sometimes misses the easy throws, he occasionally has a ball batted down, he even fumbled once in an early game last year. He does have room to improve.

That's what makes him even scarier to a Bama fan with eyes and mind wide open.

His mistakes are usually the safe kind. Once he has had a full season to work with his top WRs, his numbers should be amazing. As the game slows down for him, and he adjusts to hitting that RB in the backfield, you know the chains will move more regularly than they did this past year. He recognizes when DL run the stunts that allow him to step up in the pocket instead of fleeing the pocket. His "50/50" balls cannot be caught by the DB. He is always looking to stretch the field, and he forces DBs to be far more disciplined than they have ever been. He rarely forces throws into coverage because he makes the throws before the safety arrives to provide the extra coverage. He knows where the mismatches are, and he moves his protection to offset the pass rushing scheme he sees.

In short, the analysts love him more than the fans because he is already doing what many professionals have to be taught to do.

Playing QB is not just about throwing, and scrambling until you throw. I admire Tua, but i think that like Ben Boulware, he might have reached his highest potential already.

Mar 11, 2019, 12:23 PM

I hope their coaches and players feel the same way.

Mar 11, 2019, 12:58 PM

Let’s see if I understand this. If a pass is a”50/50” pass, which means the defensive player has the same percentage to make a play as the offensive player. Again, how many of these passes did Bama come down with? I can’t believe that a school with the history and tradition of Alabama, with all 37 of their National Championships, would still be crying this much. Boy, is this going to be fun!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic