Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From the Mercury...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

From the Mercury...

Jan 5, 2019, 8:13 AM

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/01/04/how-college-footballs-big-event-ended-up-in-the-bay-area/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

These executives can blow sunshine at their decision to play

Jan 5, 2019, 9:06 AM

the College Football National Championship in Santa Clara all they want - it was/is a stupid decision. Were it not for the TV revenue this would be a dismal failure of monumental proportions.

College Football is more fan oriented than practically any other collegiate sport. Trying to use the College version of the "Super Bowl" as a tool to ignite interest in collegiate sports in a region where college football fans are practically extinct does a huge disservice to the sport and it's faithful fans. This is akin to having the NFL play the Super Bowl in Germany...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From the Mercury...

Jan 5, 2019, 9:21 AM

But if Bama and CLEMSON do not play in SF, those fans will never get to see great college football. We have to learn to be kind to those less fortunate.

Jan 5, 2019, 9:49 AM

Santa Clara is a long 45 mile drive from San Francisco. I I guess it’s still the Bay Area but this game should be played in Atlanta where real college fans could attend. What has California done for college football in the last 25 years?

Jan 5, 2019, 9:28 AM

Quite frankly, I did not know it was our obligation to re-invigorate the San Francisco Bay area for all things sports. I think Bill Hancock is pretty much a buffoon.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic