Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From here on out, Every team will rush us hard because they
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

From here on out, Every team will rush us hard because they

Oct 29, 2013, 4:44 PM

know that a rushed Boyd Makes mistakes. I say lets go back to the blocking and tackling drills we used for LSU our team looked totally different. Beast Mode.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How old are you?

Oct 29, 2013, 4:47 PM

13?

Re: How old are you?????

Oct 29, 2013, 4:53 PM

does it matter? I'm a tiger fan, are you?

And, then the claws came out ...***

Oct 29, 2013, 4:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: And, then the claws came out ...***

Oct 29, 2013, 5:01 PM

lol no Claws here, I just enjoy the discussions and its alway someone with an ignorant comeback that makes no sense at all.

50+. You didn't answer the question.

Oct 29, 2013, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: How old are you????? ]

How old are you?

Simple question, not "ignorant" as you

Oct 29, 2013, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: How old are you????? ]

Jumped to conclusions.
I ask because your original posts insinuate that our team did something unique preparing for LSU and you are privy to that, which I am sure you know nothing about.
Your post is also so predictable like many others on here who think they know how to coach better than the Tiger coaches.
So tell me, how old are you and how are you qualified to give suggestions to Dabo & Co?

Actually

Oct 30, 2013, 8:20 AM

You need to go back and read all the articles that came out then and also prior to the UGA game. The players and the reporters made mention that it was the toughest, most physical practices that they had ever had. That by it's very nature implies they DID do something unique in preparing for LSU.

They hit every day, and mostly went ones against ones. In today's world you don't do that too often during the season because you risk injury, so teams lay off each other.

Wouldn't 'what gender,' be a better first question?

Oct 30, 2013, 10:45 AM [ in reply to How old are you? ]

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From here on out, Every team will rush us hard because they

Oct 29, 2013, 4:55 PM

That's been the book on Boyd since he came to Clemson...not a new development over the past couple of weeks. Every team we've played in the last 3 years has tried to get pressure on him. Those that succeed rattle him a bit, those that don't get carved up. A few times when teams have succeeded he's overcome it and made some plays, more often he's struggled a bit.

That's just who he is at this point.

Oct 29, 2013, 5:00 PM

Man, but for some reason there has been some kind of meltdown in the O-line..

Oct 29, 2013, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: From here on out, Every team will rush us hard because they ]

Not being sarcastic but that is the knock on most QB's. If you get pressure on QB's they will make mistakes. I do not think that Tahj is any different than most QB's, he is big and strong and usually can break a tackle or 2 and get back to line of scrimmage, if not break a nice run off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, every team tries that in 90% of games

Oct 29, 2013, 5:03 PM

There may be a few times when they teams decide that filling running lanes and making sure the QB doesn't escape through gaps is more important than immediate pressure on the QB, but for the most part every defense spends most of their time trying to develop pressure on the QB.

And most QB's have more issues when facing more pressure.

I think that is one reason we saw a greater number of passes into the flats Saturday. It was getting us 8 to 10 yards every time and negating their up-field rush a good bit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

boyd got drilled all night long vs LSU....

Oct 29, 2013, 5:06 PM

the Oline was FAR from impressive

Re: boyd got drilled all night long vs LSU....

Oct 29, 2013, 5:27 PM

And yet he came through in the clutch and we won.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude...it was the defense that really stepped up against LSU***

Oct 29, 2013, 5:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

4th and 16 !! *****

Oct 29, 2013, 5:29 PM

and Boyd was pressured by the defense on that play too....

Oct 29, 2013, 5:32 PM

just like he was most of the night.

Re: and Boyd was pressured by the defense on that play too....

Oct 29, 2013, 7:02 PM

And did he not come through in the clutch ??

Yes but that wasn't the point of the original post.***

Oct 30, 2013, 8:48 AM

Re: Yes but that wasn't the point of the original post.***

Oct 30, 2013, 9:06 AM

HUH?

he was put on his ### all night...

Oct 29, 2013, 8:34 PM [ in reply to and Boyd was pressured by the defense on that play too.... ]

best performance i've ever seen from him, that was a great night

That will happen when you're confident in your WR

Oct 29, 2013, 10:25 PM

Nuk was huge for Tajh last year. He knew no matter what kind of pressure was coming that he could just throw the ball up and Nuk would climb the ladder and get it. Not so much this year leading to him either pulling the ball down early or forcing throws.

Oct 29, 2013, 6:37 PM

I think a better solution would be to improve their blocking.

(as well as focus on recruiting top O-Linemen)

O-Line was horrible in that game.***

Oct 29, 2013, 6:58 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: O-Line was horrible in that game.***

Oct 30, 2013, 10:44 AM

Fortunately for Clemson football (and it's fans) FSU is the best team they will likely play all season. (including the bowl game)

Clowney could play for FSU, but there are few others at South Carolina that could. I feel confident that Clemson's coaching staff will find the weakness(es) in South Carolina's defense. (I've heard it's their secondary)

Unfortunately, this year's FSU squad had very few weaknesses. I think you tip your hat to FSU for their recruiting & coaching that built this year's squad, and consider incorporating some of what they have done into Clemson's future plans. (in terms of recruiting size/speed across the board) Hopefully, our program will learn from the loss as well. (and not repeat it)

I don't blame anyone in our program for the loss. They just played a better team. Having said that, I would prefer Clemson not bury their head in the sand. (because of one loss) I would rather see them learn from the experience, and work collectively towards building a program that competes at the highest level and becomes an elite football program. (Obviously, there is still work to do)

Re: O-Line was horrible in that game.***

Oct 30, 2013, 10:45 AM

and lose the purple and market the black stripe. (more so than the paw)

Oct 29, 2013, 7:05 PM

I agree, not the Oline I want to see!

I think Boyd and Morris need to continue to game plan for pressure and create quick releases and more jetsweeps to incorporate more time for Boyd especially the SC game, they will bring the house and I would run it right at the clown...we were successful last year until Chad mysteriously abandoned it.

Good Points on all responses but I don't know if you watched

Oct 30, 2013, 10:42 AM

the Coots and Missouri game and if you observed the Coots up front D-line rushes, boy we better get our sh#t together on the O-Line fast. Just Saying!!!
I want a win this year and its going to be in the hands of our O-Line.
The same fans that have all these smart remarks are going to be the same ones cursing in November if we don't get it together. True Tiger Fan

Every QB that gets rushed hard is more apt to make

Oct 30, 2013, 12:29 AM

mistakes. Not rocket science.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't that what every defense tries to do

Oct 30, 2013, 8:15 AM

To the opposing offense. TB is not alone in getting rattled by d pressure

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic