Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From an interview with U of H's prior coach Tony Levine
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,455

From an interview with U of H's prior coach Tony Levine

Nov 24, 2015, 10:02 PM

Q: You were let go after only three seasons, and your teams went 16-10 the past two years and went to two bowl games. In Kevin Sumlin’s fourth season at UH, he won 12 games. In Art Briles’ fourth season there, he won 10. Your old team, filled with your recruits, is 10-1 now. How frustrating has that aspect of it been for you?

Levine: I’m very happy for the players and proud of what they’ve accomplished. I recruited those guys and invested a lot of time in them –- and a lot of them still stay in touch with me. We knew 2015 was going to be a special season. We felt very good about our recruiting and the development of our young players. Keep in mind, our first season we were replacing the NCAA’s all-time leader in total offense in Case Keenum and knew there would be some growing pains. In 2013, we were the only team in the country whose leading passer, rusher and receiver were either freshmen or sophomores. We were building it the right way. I don’t want to take anything away from the new coaching staff – they’re doing a great job. But if you look at what Coach Sumlin and Coach Briles did at Houston, we were right on track. It’s amazing how similar our first three years were. That being said, I’m happy for the University of Houston. I coached there for a total of seven years and was a part of some historic wins. My family and I made some lifelong friends and great memories, so it’s a very special place to us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're saying USuCk holds their coaches

Nov 24, 2015, 10:07 PM

to a lower standard than Houston?

Re: From an interview with U of H's prior coach Tony Levine

Nov 24, 2015, 10:29 PM

Same thing happened to Danny Ford at Arkansas. Houston Nutt had his best two seasons at Arkansas with DF's recruits the following two seasons after DF was let go. I'm a little young and before my time, but heard my dad and granddad speak of this on several occasions who are good friends with DF. Arkansas' nearest airport was two hours away from campus when DF was their and he helped with upgrades and recruiting.

Re: From an interview with U of H's prior coach Tony Levine

Nov 24, 2015, 10:30 PM

and not trying to hijack your thread just made me think about this with what you posted. I also think unless Herman has ties to this part of the country, recruiting will be harder than it is in Texas where I assume he has roots

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,455
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic